The NSWE Board

Guest av1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

NSWE have been **** brilliant for us. We were on our knees and on the verge of going under when they came in, now we are a solid mid table team in the Premier League, plans to increase capacity, a huge waiting list for tickets, massive investment into the academy and we are signing quality players for the first team. 

Yet a small percentage of people still aren't happy and want more. Kind of reminds me of the Veruca Salt character in Charlie & the Chocolate Factory! 

It's incredibly embarrassing.

• Like 1

We're all ambitious but I'd rather we do it in a sustainable way, like we have been doing. Can't just thrown hundreds of millions at the team every year. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

As others have stated the vast majority of the board feels the same way. It's crazy how one or two posters can completely change the tenor of a thread with a couple of negative post. 

Probably my fault for biting! :D 

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Yet a small percentage of people still aren't happy and want more. Kind of reminds me of the Veruca Salt character in Charlie & the Chocolate Factory! 

i-want-a-golden-goose-now-willie-wonka.g

• Like 1

Overall there is no question these owners has been incredibly good for us but that doesn't mean they can do no wrong and we can never criticize if we disagree with some of their decisions. 

For me I think Gerrard was a bad appointment, and I also think they are allowing Purslow being way too hands on with footballing decisions for a CEO. 

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

Overall there is no question these owners has been incredibly good for us but that doesn't mean they can do no wrong and we can never criticize if we disagree with some of their decisions. 

For me I think Gerrard was a bad appointment, and I also think they are allowing Purslow being way too hands on with footballing decisions for a CEO. 

I agree on Purslow although he has been suspiciously quiet this summer for a man who loves to talk in front of the cameras. 

Seriously enough of all the ‘look where we were 5 years ago stuff’, we might as well say ‘look where we were 40 years ago’. It’s irrelevant. We aren’t where we were 5 years ago now and we probably shouldn’t have been there in the first place (thanks to a couple of morons).
If the owners have these ambitions and we have Purslow constantly saying about how great their resources are to take us forward then I expect that to happen with large amounts of investment in the playing staff (first 11 only - the youth level recruitment has been excellent). 
The fact is, we haven’t made proper progress this summer and it looks like we won’t be adding anymore. (IMO). The stadium development plans are very welcome, however. 

Edited by Tayls

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Seriously enough of all the ‘look where we were 5 years ago stuff’, we might as well say ‘look where we were 40 years ago’. It’s irrelevant. We aren’t where we were 5 years ago now and we probably shouldn’t have been there in there first place.
If the owners have these ambitions and we have Purslow constantly saying about how great their resources are to take us forward then I expect that to happen with large amounts of investment in the playing staff (first 11 only - the youth level recruitment has been excellent). 
The fact is, we haven’t made proper progress this summer and it looks like we won’t be adding anymore. (IMO). 

seriously enough of the "if these owners have ambitions" ;)

what they have is a plan and unfortunately its longer term than what some fans are willing to accept and isn't helped by fan appeasing PR guff about europe which helps sell increased price season tickets

we're still a few years off playing european football bar a cup win IMO...and that's ok...marathon not a sprint

Edit - in my honest opinion we wont play european football before the new north stand is built - that might make some fans lose their shit but that is what it is, the PL is a tough and very close to being rigged competition

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Xela said:

We're all ambitious but I'd rather we do it in a sustainable way, like we have been doing. Can't just thrown hundreds of millions at the team every year. 

What does the sustainable way look like? Any other clubs done it this way and are now competing at the top?

Owners are amazing. I think Purslow can be questioned but the two owners saved us and are building for the future. 

Not many owners I'd prefer to have over them. I continue to hope that they're here for the long term. 

• Like 1

Â