The NSWE Board

Guest av1

Still doing everything on and off the pitch to improve us.  About to sink £100 mill into a new North Stand . I am guessing here but that will probably take their investment to over £400 million so far. Mental for a team that finished 14th. We are very very lucky

• Like 4

I wonder how Villa Las Vegas will be funded as it’s a $325mill buy into the MLS before stadium costs, training facilities, oh and a squad… That’s gunna be $800mill + project… Context citeh paid $100mill for NYCFC in 2015 and no stadium yet… 

Citeh have also just paid €13million for 80odd % of Palermo FC…  Put into perspective, for the cost of a Nakamba. Or the profit from selling one of their youth who never played a 1st team league game…  That’s the level of astute business operations we will hopefully get to eventually as they have it nailed regardless of the oil billions… 

Edited by thabucks

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I wonder how Villa Las Vegas will be funded as it’s a $325mill buy into the MLS before stadium costs, training facilities, oh and a squad… That’s gunna be $800mill + project… Context citeh paid $100mill for NYCFC in 2015 and no stadium yet… 

Citeh have also just paid €13million for 80odd % of Palermo FC…  Put into perspective, for the cost of a Nakamba. Or the profit from selling one of their youth who never played a 1st team league game…  That’s the level of astute business operations we will hopefully get to eventually as they have it nailed regardless of the oil billions… 

Out of petty cash i guess 🤣🤣

In all seriousness i guess that US franchises will have strict rules they have to meet. Just had a quick look and yes indeed they have strict rules. Seems that the MLS as a league have an investment in all the clubs. 

Having two owners with sports experience is just so rare in the football world. It's usually owners who employ those into the seats of power. But we have Nas with his Adidas board shares and advisory role, and Wes with his US franchise ownership experience. We are a rare club in its ownership model. They aren't in this for the quick buck but they love sport. They are determined to make us a success because they are as into it as we are!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, thabucks said:

It’s interesting that net worth of Wes Edens jumped from 1 plus to 4 billion plus in a year. The is no where telling me how that happened. 

The Net worth is obviously not liquid cash, but they have access to capital so I could see it being a loan. The is no relegation so loans have less risk compared to here. 

We are looking at other clubs and have already partnered with a club in Eygpt that is basically as good as owning consider it’s nassif brother. 

We seem very careful about our expansion into other clubs. Where other owners have rushed to grab clubs up for sake of it; 

City are a model that works. So they should be a blueprint we look to follow but in our own way.

9 hours ago, Villa_Stateside said:

It’s interesting that net worth of Wes Edens jumped from 1 plus to 4 billion plus in a year. The is no where telling me how that happened. 

The Net worth is obviously not liquid cash, but they have access to capital so I could see it being a loan. The is no relegation so loans have less risk compared to here. 

We are looking at other clubs and have already partnered with a club in Eygpt that is basically as good as owning consider it’s nassif brother. 

We seem very careful about our expansion into other clubs. Where other owners have rushed to grab clubs up for sake of it; 

City are a model that works. So they should be a blueprint we look to follow but in our own way.

Have we? Not heard that.

7 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Have we? Not heard that.

His brother or another family member owns an Egyptian team 

We're going to host some of their youth team, they've only said about players coming to us to see what our facilities are all about so far but whether or not they do something commercially who knows 

His brother also part owns a Swiss team 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Have we? Not heard that.

ZED FC they were voted the best youth setup in Africa recently. Hugely ambitious club in that area. 

Like above poster mentioned we able be share valuable knowledge and also we get link to the Africa region. 

• Thanks 1

If we want to complete at the top, we're going to need to play that game, but this normalisation of premier League clubs buying up and making puppets of major clubs in other countries is just another example of how much money has corrupted the sport. It's disgusting, honestly.

• Like 4

On 05/07/2022 at 05:32, MWARLEY2 said:

Still doing everything on and off the pitch to improve us.  About to sink £100 mill into a new North Stand . I am guessing here but that will probably take their investment to over £400 million so far. Mental for a team that finished 14th. We are very very lucky

On the flip side 4 years in, £400mil investment and we are finishing 14th.

20 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

True but that's not the owners fault,  in fact it's to their credit that after such an investment they are still putting millions into the club to improve on all fronts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

True but that's not the owners fault,  in fact it's to their credit that after such an investment they are still putting millions into the club to improve on all fronts. 

Oh absolutely agree it is to there credit, they just need to ensure they appoint the right people.

9 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Oh absolutely agree it is to there credit, they just need to ensure they appoint the right people.

They have.

10 hours ago, zab6359 said:

And if it wasn’t for the owners we most likely would be in the Championship or League One… see Sunderland, Derby etc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Smarter people chime in on this?

Is this " we are gambling our future away , this is not a good sign, they've turned off the tap " conspiracy worthy? Or the opposite?

Screenshot_20220728-143145_Facebook-min.jpg

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â