The NSWE Board

Guest av1

3 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

My biggest disappointment is that we now have excellent owners who have backed our manager to the hilt. but we have a manager who does not know his arse from his elbow.

Unless Purslow stays out of football related decisions, similar problems will keep returning.

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yes. 

You sack Dean Smith because you want better. You talk about Europe and the Hugh ambition the club has. 

Yet this summer has not made the squad miles stronger than last year. 

That's what they should stop doing, calm the marketing team down because its unrealistic and will take a lot longer than what they make it sound like 

But they need the season ticket sales, especially with the higher price

If you don't buy in to the European stuff watching villa is better for your health (only just...) 

• Like 1

Just now, Spoony said:

I guess they might as well let the Arsenal and City games pan out to more easily justify sacking Gerrard. We are going to lose those games regardless. 

I certainly hope the decision (to sack him) has already been made.

On 28/08/2022 at 16:16, VillaParkAvenue said:

Unless Purslow stays out of football related decisions, similar problems will keep returning.

Reminds me so much of Liverpool the years where they had Daniel Comolli and Dalglish splashing FSG's cash. Then finally realizing they need to quit clowning around and brought in a proper Technical Director and then Manager (Klopp). 

Edited by trillvillan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, trillvillan said:

Reminds me so much of Liverpool the years where they had Daniel Comolli and Dalglish splashing FSG's cash. Then finally realizing they need to quit clowning around and brought in a proper Technical Director and then Manager (Klopp). 

Was just thinking to myself.

What if they are actually witholding thinking " Christian, this is on you... " .

When you think about it, look at all the players we've signed which we are barely getting any money back for?

I don't even think it's a case of there being no money, they could just be questioning everyone they have in charge right now, and told them to sort it out first before anymore is done, OR considering shaking up the whole thing.

OR maybe we are just panicking as fans, pessimistic due to other happenings, but will be treated to a blockbuster couple of days 👀🤷🏾‍♂️

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Was just thinking to myself.

What if they are actually witholding thinking " Christian, this is on you... " .

When you think about it, look at all the players we've signed which we are barely getting any money back for?

I don't even think it's a case of there being no money, they could just be questioning everyone they have in charge right now, and told them to sort it out first before anymore is done, OR considering shaking up the whole thing.

OR maybe we are just panicking as fans, pessimistic due to other happenings, but will be treated to a blockbuster couple of days 👀🤷🏾‍♂️

I'd think a big shake up would occur this up coming summer - especially after the World Cup year. 

• Like 1

Jeez, didn't know where to post this but with the way results/performances and everything else that's being discussed.

And know we all read between the lines and Luiz is off it's all becoming depressing and de ja vu.

What's happened to the ambitions of the club?

We hear they are successful and ruthless businessmen. Now is the time for action. The silence is deafening.

It's no good having a fantastic 50k stadium with fantastic off field facilities and playing Rotherham!!!!

Looks like they've stopped caring about us
Why they leaving Gerrard in charge?
Why they making a net profit?
They've settled for a bottom half finish

Worst of all they got people exciting at the start of the window just to sell season tickets, then did nothing once they was all snapped up

Edited by Lupinthe5th

Maybe the Newcastle takeover has derailed their project? Who knows! Maybe they are fed up of seeing their money spent on crap? 

But they are upgrading Villa Park so you would think there is still some interest  there, but i think  that is going to be purely for resale value, would not be surprised to see us up for sale next year. 

• Confused 1

Considering were a club with such lofty ambitions set by the board/CEO I find it perplexing that were now having to resort to feeding off the scraps of other midtable clubs.

I don't want to hear anymore bullcrap from the owners or Purslow re: us having European ambitions and competing at the top.

Were relegation fodder at best.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

Â