The NSWE Board

Guest av1

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

The issue the owners have is we have spent nearly £400m since taking over. What do they really have to show for it? We may not go down now, that's about it. We are realistically never going to compete with the top 6. They are too powerful and FFP is made to stop us making that jump. So at some point they will have to consider what are the maximum expectations they have. 

Where you getting the £400m from mate, is this the amount they have put in from their own pocket. Are you including any revenue the club has made, TV money, transfers, sponsorship deals etc?

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This talk is pretty much from one poster though.

All indications are that they are very much here for the long haul.

To be honest, worst case scenario if the did indeed choose to sell, the club is still in an infinitely better position in every way.

Jamaican well said as always problem is we've had some great expensive transfer windows I guess when it slows must be a reason. I believe they will invest if it boosts us.

Villa park redevelopment I key imo as to if the interest is or isn't still there.

Edited by villan501
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WHY said:

Where you getting the £400m from mate, is this the amount they have put in from their own pocket. Are you including any revenue the club has made, TV money, transfers, sponsorship deals etc?

Slice it any way you want..the money coming in is in effect there money. They don't have to invest it all back into the club, they could take it back, but they don't do they.  Change the values for whatever. My point is at some point they are going to realise if they haven't already we won't be getting on the sky 6 gravy train anytime soon. 

3 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Slice it any way you want..the money coming in is in effect there money. They don't have to invest it all back into the club, they could take it back, but they don't do they.  Change the values for whatever. My point is at some point they are going to realise if they haven't already we won't be getting on the sky 6 gravy train anytime soon. 

We’ll count that as confession that the £400m is made up.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

I’m not knocking them mate, they saved the club so will always be thankful for that. I have no idea if they want out or not but if they did I think they will get most, if not all their investment back as it stands. 

8 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

What they have to show for it is a club that’s worth more than they’ve put in. Business-wise they’ve done well, and as football fans of a recently mid table Championship club so have we.

This is what successful business men do mate and agree it’s been a good deal for both parties!

Edited by WHY
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Pinebro said:

It is depressing but at the same time there are clubs to look up to like Brentford and Brighton who proves you don't need a sugar daddy in order to compete.

They are so good at recruitment. They hit almost every single time and sell big.

There's a lot of confusion around Villa fans atm wondering why the owners don't spend as much. I belive the answer is very simple.

We've breached our FFP limit. I don't think it's about NSWE not wanting to spend. More so that they can't spend.

We need to sell in order to do some more  business but the likes of El Ghazi and Traore doesn't seem to attract much interest

We are no where near the FFP limit, that isn't speculation that is fact.

The board isn't spending for another reason, whatever it is.

50 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

The money they have spent is to buy the club, losses made each year and debts paid off.

That figure is nowhere near 400m.

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

We’ve reached a limit on the quality of player we can attract and spending money for the sake of it is pointless?

Realisation of the quality of the squad is needed before we can attract players worth buying 

They have funded the 7th best collection of players in the league.

If I owned the club I would expect to gain a haul of points that generally reflects that which is at least 9th.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pinebro said:

I liked what we were doing under Smith.

Signing players like Cash, Watkins, Bailey, Buendia etc is what we should keep doing.

Young players with resell value which we can develop along with us.

Older players on big wages does not suit where we are at as a club. It will only limit what we can do in the future based on FFP.

Hope I am wrong but I do believe the club has gone off track.

Our new expensive older player lasted less than 2 games before sustaining injury, which is a greater risk with older players.

It does seem like we've strayed away from the stated philosophy.  

We have to be sustainable.  But we also want to attract better players and to do that you have to sign some expensive players, some of whom will be 28+.

It's a tricky balance that needs to be struck. I think we ate getting it mostly right. But there are a few red flags here and there.

We cannot get bogged down by bloated contracts of fading players. But we already are to a degree.

Resale value is really the golden chalice.

Have some people not learned their lesson from the hyperbole re Mings at Bournemouth and the subsequent clarification that he wasn’t dropped and there are no major issues with the Manager?

The owners are not losing interest and are not pulling their support for Gerrard. The issue is that we’ve just missed out on some of our initial main targets, that’s all, and that happens to pretty much every other club. The club have shown they work very quietly on transfers normally and there is no reason to suspect that they are not doing that right now.

We have a good squad and to improve that significantly requires quality and a lot of bigger teams than us are after those very same quality players. Hopefully we can work some magic in these final two weeks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

The issue the owners have is we have spent nearly £400m since taking over. What do they really have to show for it? We may not go down now, that's about it. We are realistically never going to compete with the top 6. They are too powerful and FFP is made to stop us making that jump. So at some point they will have to consider what are the maximum expectations they have. 

That really is a poorly thought through post. AVFC is probably worth in excess of 400m now, even for asset stripping the land, buildings and players value will get hundreds of millions. People that are billionaires are not looking for an annuity payment as they already have cash flow. The objective of the investment is to see the value increase. NSWE are certainly seeing this. It is also giving them the platform and senior management team to enter the MLS which is apparently worth hundreds of millions, if not billions. The investment is very successful for NSWE.

Over the last 10 years, 40% of the time there has been a new club in the top 6, so to say we can't compete is just hyperbole. We were competing with West Ham for relegation 3 years ago and now they are in Europe. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

We are no where near the FFP limit, that isn't speculation that is fact.

The board isn't spending for another reason, whatever it is.

Probably don't rate Gerrard like alot of us fans.

Your not going to chuck money at Gerrard players if you have doubts about a new manager being brought in.

If the window shuts and we sign no one else take it Gerrard on borrowed time his record is clear to see it's rubbish and we go one step forward 3 steps back.

Gerrard has purslow as his mate the owners will not hesitate to pull the trigger of the have to I'm.sire of this theu are not stupid business men.

32 minutes ago, villan501 said:

Probably don't rate Gerrard like alot of us fans.

Your not going to chuck money at Gerrard players if you have doubts about a new manager being brought in.

If the window shuts and we sign no one else take it Gerrard on borrowed time his record is clear to see it's rubbish and we go one step forward 3 steps back.

Gerrard has purslow as his mate the owners will not hesitate to pull the trigger of the have to I'm.sire of this theu are not stupid business men.

Actually, if what you say is true, they are really very stupid businessmen.

If they really are keeping in place a manager they don’t rate, and starving him of funds  because of that, thus damaging the performance and value of their asset (the club), it is surprising they ever managed to make enough money as businessmen to buy the club in the first place.

If they really are limiting the prospects of success this season because they are employing a manager they have doubts about, we have really dumb owners.

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Actually, if what you say is true, they are really very stupid businessmen.

If they really are keeping in place a manager they don’t rate, and starving him of funds  because of that, thus damaging the performance and value of their asset (the club), it is surprising they ever managed to make enough money as businessmen to buy the club in the first place.

If they really are limiting the prospects of success this season because they are employing a manager they have doubts about, we have really dumb owners.

Maybe they're just pausing to assess? What's the rush?

Let's see how he does now he's added about £160m onto the club's books.

Be great to see some evidence Gerrard is worthy of getting any more transfer funds.

Be a sensible thing to do I think. Provide ample resources and assess performance. Don't just keep spending as performance nosedives. That's what Man Utd do.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Pinebro said:

They have decided to go all in on Gerrard.

They haven't. He's been allowed to spend some money but not blow the place apart. Any new manager that comes in would be glad to have the players he has signed.

• Like 2

Â