The NSWE Board

Guest av1

Thank you NSWE. You have not only breathed life into our great club, you have elevated it to levels that I thought I would never see again. I feel so emotional right now. We owe you everything. Thank you.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Osirus said:

They said the ambition was to take us into the Champions League, and they've done it within 5 years having started in the Championship,

Quite unbelievable really, all credit to Unai, but thank you Nas & Wes, you saved my club and I will be eternaly grateful

UTV, WE ARE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Don't forget Dr Tony, he promised CL first 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

right now it finally feels **** good 

You forgot Kenneth 

image.png.b825326efa82cb7dc2114dc892111f09.png

• Haha 1

On 15/05/2024 at 17:19, LxYoungAVFC said:

Last night when I saw City score their second goal on my dodgy stream, I cracked (in a positive way). 

I never experienced our glory days, only heard the stories. My Mum watched our European Cup win live in Rotterdam and my Grandfather had a season ticket for over 50 years. "Up the Villa!" was one of the first phrases I learned as a toddler.

Growing up abroad as a Villan was tough as many on here have experienced themselves. You're surrounded by "fans" of all the big clubs, who choose their team based on success, because the local football here is shite and they have no connection or reason to support a club like Villa (Aston who? Do they play in the 2nd tier? Are they from Manchester?). Actually, the first time I met another Villa fan from my country was in 2023 after reaching out to the local supporters group via VT.

Then there's small things like your team being absolutely irrelevant at school and group chats, matches not being shown in pubs because the sky 6 are playing, most media unavailable due to geoblocking before VPNs were a thing, German Sky having an even worse Top 6 bias than UK Sky etc.

Here I would like to thank VT because you lot acted as my window to what's going on at Villa and more importantly Barry Bannan heat maps, Julie B's basement, plane spotting at BHX, Hairy Hands, General Krulak, fish puns, the Rashica saga, drinking in town....mate etc. etc.

In my time supporting the club we've had some ups but so many more downs. Lerner, Rapid Vienna, O'Neill leaving us in a mess, McLeish, Lambert's bomb squad, Tactics Tim, Garde, relegation, Tony Xia, Di Matteo, the cabbage incident, almost going into administration, losing the 2018 Play Off final and winning it in 2019 after a 10 game win streak under Smith, barely surviving the Premier League, one hundred million pounds, Gerrard and finally the beginning of the Emery era.

Of course football is football and anything is possible but for now it feels like we've finally turned a page and left all that shit behind us. Qualifying for the CL feels like the happy end to that chapter and it sets up the new one beautifully. I've always been proud but right now it finally feels **** good to be a Villa fan.

So thank you Unai and of course Wes & Nassef for everything you've done so far.

VTID.

We’re not irrelevant any more mste, it’s time to enjoy your reward for all those years of Villa loyalty. I grew up in north Birmingham and so my story is different I only moved away in 2017 but I miss Villa Park now and always will, no life is perfect I suppose but mine has been pretty good, I was around through the 70s and 80s so I haven’t missed much, except seeing is left the FA Cup, so I’m keeping everything crossed that happens before long! UTV!!!!!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It really is. they really will make a killing if and when they sell up

It depends, they've put a lot more into the club than the £65m purchase price. But I agree they have probably doubled their investment. 

44 minutes ago, andycv said:

That is madness when you consider how much they paid for us - £65m ish I think?

We were a utter mess at the time, it was basically a fire sale. They saw the upside thankfully or we could be in the championship or league one.

It shows how dreadful both Lerner and Dr Tony were as owners as they fail to add value to the club in an era of bucket loads of cash coming into the game.

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

We were a utter mess at the time, it was basically a fire sale. They saw the upside thankfully or we could be in the championship or league one.

It shows how dreadful both Lerner and Dr Tony were as owners as they fail to add value to the club in an era of bucket loads of cash coming into the game.

I don't disagree with any of that.  Wes Edens actually said that he's an expert in buying distressed assets and turning them around.  Exactly the model that's been followed here.  Executing that in a sporting context is pretty impressive though!

52 minutes ago, andycv said:

That is madness when you consider how much they paid for us - £65m ish I think?

it was a distressed asset and they knew the potential, fair play to them and thank you to them

• Like 2

Â