The NSWE Board

Guest av1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Smarter people chime in on this?

Is this " we are gambling our future away , this is not a good sign, they've turned off the tap " conspiracy worthy? Or the opposite?

Screenshot_20220728-143145_Facebook-min.jpg

I don’t believe this is anything bad at this stage.  As business men they are leveraging the best financial instruments possible.  The problem at other clubs is how they use them so until they misuse them I give them the benefit of the doubt and just assume they are just utilising best business tools to the benefit of the club.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is this " we are gambling our future away , this is not a good sign, they've turned off the tap " conspiracy worthy? Or the opposite?

I’m no expert but it sort of makes sense if it helps comply with FFP. Our commercial and match day revenues will undoubtedly grow once the stadium has been updated. It’s borrowing against future revenue, I believe. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I don’t believe this is anything bad at this stage.  As business men they are leveraging the best financial instruments possible.  The problem at other clubs is how they use them so until they misuse them I give them the benefit of the doubt and just assume they are just utilising best business tools to the benefit of the club.

These 2 strike me as shrewd business men mate, it it was say a Randy Lerner doing it I would be worried. 

• Like 2

Sounds to me like someone has found a way to get round FFP at least a little bit and the floodgates have opened

As long as they do it right then I don't see a problem with it, not sure why anyone wouldnt trust these guys at the moment, I'd even go as far as to say with everything they do positively for us if this meant they could take some money out for themselves would you begrudge them? (not saying that's what this is)

Same as what they did with the stadium 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Sounds to me like someone has found a way to get round FFP at least a little bit and the floodgates have opened

As long as they do it right then I don't see a problem with it, not sure why anyone wouldnt trust these guys at the moment, I'd even go as far as to say with everything they do positively for us if this meant they could take some money out for themselves would you begrudge them? (not saying that's what this is)

Same as what they did with the stadium 

Yeah, something strange going on that Newcastle have taken a £140 million loan against broadcasting revenue on the same day that Villa have done the same.  Both clubs which are ambitious and want to break the stranglehold of the Sky 6.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Loans against TV rights money /selling rights to sell-on clauses to 3rd parties has been common place for a while. It looks like they might be selling the rights to themselves rather than a 3rd party, who would charge significant interest and demand the money in a shorter timescale. 

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

I'm pretty sure this has no impact on FFP at all.

Yeah, it shouldn't do because its a cash-flow issue rather than a profit/expenditure issue. However, very weird that Newcastle and Villa have both done the same thing on the same day.

• Like 1

Just now, ender4 said:

Yeah, it shouldn't do because its a cash-flow issue rather than a profit/expenditure issue. However, very weird that Newcastle and Villa have both done the same thing on the same day.

Maybe just locking in cheap credit before interest rates rise? I assume ours will be used for the stadium redevelopment with increased income covering the cost of repayments.

18 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Wait til Newcastle's Twitter find out - "ah it's cos they copyin us agen man like ya na? TOON ARMY!!"

• Haha 2

Shame it's not like 

- Villa own TV rights

-completely unrelated company owned by NSWE called Villa TV investments Ltd buys them off Villa for £150 mil lump sum

- Villa TV investments Ltd turns round to Villa a week later and says good gosh old sport it turns out we don't want these rights after all. Here you can have them back for £100

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Injecting more capital. 

Great news!

People will get excited though that it means more players but owners are allowed to pump in £90m over three years so I’m guessing this is just their annual portion of that.  

Still brilliant they are doing it but doesn’t it means anything directly related to transfers imminent.

38 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Great news!

People will get excited though that it means more players but owners are allowed to pump in £90m over three years so I’m guessing this is just their annual portion of that.  

Still brilliant they are doing it but doesn’t it means anything directly related to transfers imminent.

The prune juice effect. Will Villa ever make a profit?

Â