The NSWE Board

Guest av1

I was very fortunate to get to see both Nas and Wes in the Hilton  along with most of the team after the game. They were both beaming with happiness and happy to pose for photos even when we started sing "it's your round my lord". They went into the private party where the team were celebrating for about 10 minutes and then left to a huge round of applause and to "we've got our villa back" it was a very special moment (Twitter post of video here).

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

Christian Purslow has stated we are one year ahead of schedule.

Nassef Sawiris says the sky is the limit and the only way is up.

Wes Edens declares chapter 2 of our journey begins now.

Excited much??

Very.

With a claret and blue hard on!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Been looking at the value of the owners of clubs, i was amazed just how high up the list NSWE are?

For reference (not sure if true, just from google searches) - value of owners (UK clubs)

1) Man City - 22b - Abu Dhabi United Group

2) Chelsea - 13b - Abramovic

3) Aston Villa - 9.2b - NSWE/Xia

4) Barnsley - 9.1b - Various

5) Arsenal - 8b - Kroenke Sports

6) Wolves - 7.5b - Fosun

7) Fulham - 7.3b - Shahid Khan

8 ) Spurs - 6b - Currency Trading

9) Leicester - 5.1b - King Power Group

10) Man Utd - 5b - Glazer

If the owners are willing to invest over time, we could really be in for a fun ride...... 😛

Also.....WTH with Barnsley??? :)

Edited by MaVilla

Having just watched the Purslow/Smith interview, I have to say I'm flippin excited about what's next. Money and know how is rare these days, we appear to have an abundance of both. Also liked the comments about avoiding loans in the future and we need more John McGinns. God I'm excited, hurry up August

• Like 3

I think the interviews with Sawiris/Edens and Smith/Purslow over the last 48 hours have been very very encouraging.

If Sawiris only bought this as a side project he looked like he had the full on bug to me.  

Him and Edens both talking about upwards / restoring us to one of the worlds top clubs.

Purslow talking about the owners ambitions and future plans.  I think were on to something I really do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dounavilla said:

Having done extensive research I have worked out the figure without Xia wealth taken into account.

It equals .....9.2b.

Technically without Xia it would be 9.4b 🙂

edit - bah! Beaten to it.

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Haha 1

I expect we'll be run along the lines of a Watford or a Southampton with the aim of becoming an established mid table club that generates revenue through player up selling. The way football is setup is it virtually impossible for us to ever go higher than that unless the owners seriously invest in the stadium and we can get 60K fans through the door. Without that we won't be able to compete with the wages the top clubs pay.

I'm pretty sure NS and WE are in it for fun. Its not like they're strangers to sports ownership. That's not to say that they won't sell up at some point, but if they do it will be for a huge sum after years of growth and hopefully success and a lot of fun.

To get there will need big investment. Win win for us.

14 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I expect we'll be run along the lines of a Watford or a Southampton with the aim of becoming an established mid table club that generates revenue through player up selling. The way football is setup is it virtually impossible for us to ever go higher than that unless the owners seriously invest in the stadium and we can get 60K fans through the door. Without that we won't be able to compete with the wages the top clubs pay.

We should be using the Spurs model as our blueprint. They were at a similar stage to us about 7 years ago. With a succession of good decisions at boardroom level, and decent investment in youth and scouting, they have become a top 4 side. The money they will make from the likes of Kane and Ali (over £100m)massively outstrips the investment put into their academy. 

• Like 2

My memory of the early reports on these fellas was that they were both huge footy fans who liked to watch the world cup together and thought they wanted to get a team themselves which Sawiris would mostly run cos he lives here. And that Sawiris is a massive Arsenal fan. I took from all that they were more than just sports investors - but I've no issue with them flipping us to even bigger investors for a profit eventually - will mean we're in a very good position.

29 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

We should be using the Spurs model as our blueprint. They were at a similar stage to us about 7 years ago. With a succession of good decisions at boardroom level, and decent investment in youth and scouting, they have become a top 4 side. The money they will make from the likes of Kane and Ali (over £100m)massively outstrips the investment put into their academy. 

The difference is that Spurs are in London and Villa are in Birmingham. The match day revenue Spurs can generate is much higher than what we can, especially now with the new stadium that's multi functional. That's why I said above that it would take serious stadium investment for us to compete with the top 6, we would need to be really making a lot of money from match days or else have owners subsidising the running costs which I don't think will happen. 

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

The difference is that Spurs are in London and Villa are in Birmingham. The match day revenue Spurs can generate is much higher than what we can, especially now with the new stadium that's multi functional. That's why I said above that it would take serious stadium investment for us to compete with the top 6, we would need to be really making a lot of money from match days or else have owners subsidising the running costs which I don't think will happen. 

Or convert the rest of Birmingham to support the best team in the second City. 

Â