The NSWE Board

Guest av1

Just now, MaVilla said:

Is anybody else a little concerned that the club no longer owns the stadium?

I know it could be fine, but it could also be a Coventry in worst case scenario....

Not concerned in the slightest. There's absolutely no logical reason why it would ever become a scneario like Coventry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Is anybody else a little concerned that the club no longer owns the stadium?

I know it could be fine, but it could also be a Coventry in worst case scenario....

In essence they have now purchased villa park twice .... it was inevitable and the 3 have of them have my upmost trust earned by their actions to date. The rent will no doubt be peppercorn and we've plugged a £56 million hole in our finances . It’s just paper money shuffling exercise. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I agree with most here - the time to worry is when VP is separated from the owners. They had the power to flog it to a third party before this, they have that power now - absolutely no difference except a tonne of cash pumped in - and that's not being nonchalant. 

• Like 3

Whilst not fully understanding Coventrys plight or history they're a desperately unprofitable club with after their slide to obscurity 1 and only 1 asset, the stadium, it's worth more than their club 

If the figures are true then VP is worth slightly less than jack grealish

While we are the PL the stadium is worth less than a quarter of the value of the club

Its not the most important asset the owners have, the club makes more money than the stadium does, Coventry didn't 

If they sold us in the future then at a guess the new owner would have to buy the club and the stadium, I don't see anything to worry about 

And I'm not sure what stadium costs come under FFP, I thought ground improvements was exempt

But you could create a scenario where our running costs are £0, everything is provided by the stadium owner, we just then pay them a token rent figure, could make the club look more profitable if they did it right 

• Like 1

Yeah I kinda knew this was happening. It makes all the sense in the world.

Its still owned by our owners so who cares? Cssh injection by ppl who can via loophole.

Just now, Mazrim said:

Yeah I kinda knew this was happening. It makes all the sense in the world.

Its still owned by our owners so who cares? Cssh injection by ppl who can via loophole.

surprised they didnt buy the stadium for more if it was a cash injection?

unless thats all the stadium was valued at....

28 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

surprised they didnt buy the stadium for more if it was a cash injection?

unless thats all the stadium was valued at....

Doubt buying it for 350 mill would  raise any suspicions hey?

Don't think we could just value at anything we feel like.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Doubt buying it for 350 mill would  raise any suspicions hey?

Don't think we could just value at anything we feel like.

ye dont mean that, but didnt Derby sell their stadium to their owner for 60m?, if thats the case surprised villa park is worth less than derby's stadium?

• Like 1

Coventrys problem was a club who barely got 20-25k crowds thought they could fill an all purpose 30-35k stadium in a part of Coventry with shit public transport connections whilst gambling it all on staying in the premier league. Once they got relegated any money trickling down had to go to paying the ground off rather than stabilise the club/team to regroup and get up. They put all their eggs in one basket and it blew up in their faces massively. Mind employing Gordon Strachan as manager as well didn't help.

18 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Coventrys problem was a club who barely got 9-10k crowds thought they could fill an all purpose 30-35k stadium in a part of Coventry with shit public transport connections whilst gambling it all on staying in the premier league. Once they got relegated any money trickling down had to go to paying the ground off rather than stabilise the club/team to regroup and get up. They put all their eggs in one basket and it blew up in their faces massively. Mind employing Gordon Strachan as manager as well didn't help.

And they're felchers.

Whilst i know i shouldn't look back hypothetically, but could you imagine if these guys had come in when Doug first sold us to Lerner.

When the Top 4 weren't as unassailable as they are now and 10m got you a good quality player. Just imagine if our first push and investment had been overseen by people as capable as NSWE rather than Randy and MON

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gillz said:

Whilst i know i shouldn't look back hypothetically, but could you imagine if these guys had come in when Doug first sold us to Lerner.

When the Top 4 weren't as unassailable as they are now and 10m got you a good quality player. Just imagine if our first push and investment had been overseen by people as capable as NSWE rather than Randy and MON

We'd have been watching Villa against Bayern, Barca, Real, Juve, Roma, Milan, Ajax....

• Like 1

Â