The NSWE Board

Guest av1

I just love the fact that they're getting on with things early...  How many times have we waited until July to even get some irons in the fire?  What about MON's deadline day scrambles for 3-4 crucial signings?  It's a week on after the playoff final and you can definitely tell that they've had a busy week offloading players and inquiring for deals.  

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Loving the decisiveness of this boards decision making.

Seeing the back of Richards and McCormack, Gardner too it feels like we are not messing about, undoing wrongs from previous administrations.

Indeed.

I well recall posting on here in the early Xia days to the efffect that we should simply buy out the contracts of the worst of the worst. That if the money truly was there and if we were really in the hands of a tycoon it should happen.

(Equally I recall several experts on here telling me such a thing was effectively impossible.😶)..

Well, the money is there, these guys are the real deal, and it’s happened.

For the first time in the modern era we are in the hands of people who can make things happen.

Great stuff.

On 30/05/2019 at 20:14, romavillan said:

As long as the ground is still owned by the club then that's fine. Otherwise it's dangerous.

That would really depend upon what you mean when you say “ owned by the Club”..it’s currently owned by one of the Companies these guys control. I’m not sure I share your view that if it was owned by another Company they control it would then be dangerous.

As I see it, one we sold our shares to Lerner the “ bridge of danger” was crossed. Ever since then the fate of the ground has been, like that of the whole Club, wholly subject to the financial decisions of whoever has owned us. 

• Like 4

Looks like W88 are our new sponsors in a record breaking deal (not sure if record breaking for villa or the prem generally).

Sounds like we will get a lot of wonga for that.....

Just now, MaVilla said:

Looks like W88 are our new sponsors in a record breaking deal (not sure if record breaking for villa or the prem generally).

Record breaking for us. The talk is it's worth about £10 million which beats the £8 million Genting sponsored us for several seasons back. I think Man Utd still have the highest sponsorship in the league at £47 million per year from Chevrolet. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Record breaking for us. The talk is it's worth about £10 million which beats the £8 million Genting sponsored us for several seasons back. I think Man Utd still have the highest sponsorship in the league at £47 million per year from Chevrolet. 

oh not much then :P

Made it sound like it was 40/50/60/70/100m or something.

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Didn’t Wolves recently break off from a deal with W88, because they sourced a better deal elsewhere?   Small steps forward I suppose, but staying in the Premier League is vital to ever improving deals.  

On 30/05/2019 at 20:08, thunderball said:

Deciphering this I would assume that due to FFP they are manoeuvring to transfer the ground out of the asset by "selling" it to the 'Trust' - not sure of what the trust's legal standing thereafter is or how it is linked back to the club other than it share some common ownership (only Sawiris and Edens)? I would imagine its completely separate but don't understand the significance of the 'Trust' halo, but think it may link the trust i.e. the ground to the club therefore protecting it and ensuring its association with the Aston Villa FC in perpetuity, removing any cynical concerns of fans that they think the ownership separation in the future could shaft the club. Basically its another way of inject ing capital into the club via another means and satisfying FFP  at the same time, but clearly this is a once only transaction.

By selling the ground at a price above the book value, the difference is profit and mops up shortfall keeping us within FFP rules. This is what Middlesborough's Gibson got his knickers in twist about with Derby's Mel Morris. But it is a legitimate transaction and allowed.

I don't know If Sawiris is personally funding this and therefore this is why the share ownership and structure has changed, but would imagine that Xia and Purslow are removed as they only have a stake the 'Aston Villa FC' and not the ground purchase vehicle as this basically a huge unilateral injection of cash by the owner(s).

I do however think it means we will have a lot of money to spend to reinforce this summer as well as retrospectively mopping up the legacy spend in the last Championship year.

I am sure we have an accountant/lawyer here somewhere who might understand this better or who can interpret the implications and likely intention of all this.

From a legal perspective, a trust is separate to the Aston Villa entity. However, the beneficiary or trustees can be the club or shareholders. This allows the owners to 'sell' the ground to themselves via the trust. The club receive all the money whilst keeping villa park under the control of Nas and Wes. In the accounts we will have a large injection of revenue that is classed as profit for FFP purposes. 

For the record I am not an accountant, but am using my rudimentary knowledge to fill in the gaps. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Didn’t Wolves recently break off from a deal with W88, because they sourced a better deal elsewhere?   Small steps forward I suppose, but staying in the Premier League is vital to ever improving deals.  

They did because they could get a deal worth £10 million elsewhere where as their W88 deal for whatever reason was worth £5 million. We seem to have people in charge that just get W88 to give us £10 million right off the bat. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Daweii said:

They did because they could get a deal worth £10 million elsewhere where as their W88 deal for whatever reason was worth £5 million. We seem to have people in charge that just get W88 to give us £10 million right off the bat. 

Well that’s the difference between one of the greatest and most historic clubs in world football and a tin pot outfit that aren’t even the biggest in the Black Country. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm starting to worry about this lot. Been in place a year now.  Where is our Official Electrical Styling Partner and our Official Mattress and Pillow Partner? 

Need to up their back door pretend sponsorship game (both these are "genuine" Man Ure sponsorship deals).

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I'm starting to worry about this lot. Been in place a year now.  Where is our Official Electrical Styling Partner and our Official Mattress and Pillow Partner? 

Need to up their back door pretend sponsorship game (both these are "genuine" Man Ure sponsorship deals).

Back%2BDoor%2BDonuts.jpg&f=1

I know nothing about running a football club or big business finance, but something feels right about this lot..

I may be proven wrong but i think we are in good hands. 

Blimey we have got a lot to thank these guys for. What a turnaround in our club since they took over. 12 months of positive change on and off the pitch. I work in the South East and am surrounded by Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and bloody Spurs fans. This is the first time in years that I have really been able to talk Villa up and I am loving it! Thanks to our great owners. Keep up the good work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Blimey we have got a lot to thank these guys for. What a turnaround in our club since they took over. 12 months of positive change on and off the pitch. I work in the South East and am surrounded by Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and bloody Spurs fans. This is the first time in years that I have really been able to talk Villa up and I am loving it! Thanks to our great owners. Keep up the good work.

It’s not even 11 months yet, just amazing the progress.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Is anybody else a little concerned that the club no longer owns the stadium?

I know it could be fine, but it could also be a Coventry in worst case scenario....

Uh, no...  It's owned by the same guy who owns the club.  It's not like he sold it to Mike Ashley and we're leasing it back...

Â