The NSWE Board

Guest av1

16 minutes ago, villa89 said:

The difference is that Spurs are in London and Villa are in Birmingham.

If that was the reason, Spurs would always have been above us along, with Charlton, Fulham and West Ham. Our revenues were pretty similar until fairly recently.

Stadium investment is only a small part of it. Most revenue for Premier league teams comes from the TV rights. That is why the elite clubs are desperate for a European super league, as an even higher percentage of their money will come from global fans, as opposed to the local ones that turn up to watch the games every week. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

If that was the reason, Spurs would always have been above us along, with Charlton, Fulham and West Ham. Our revenues were pretty similar until fairly recently.

Stadium investment is only a small part of it. Most revenue for Premier league teams comes from the TV rights. That is why the elite clubs are desperate for a European super league, as an even higher percentage of their money will come from global fans, as opposed to the local ones that turn up to watch the games every week. 

I was thinking that, gate receipts don't really bring as high a percentage of overall income as they used to.  We could easily expand Villa Park to 60,000 if we wanted probably at a tenth of what it cost Spurs.  Obviously having the NFL pitch is a unique opportunity for them that we would never have though.

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Only trouble is, I hate it when we sell good players, whatever the profit. 

But we have an adequate replacement coming through our ranks ready to fill the void, it is great business sense.

Look at New Zealand rugby.  They will allow top players to leave their union to go to European clubs for £££ but have about 1 or 2 players who can step up!

Can anyone decipher the potential implications of these changes .... 

The fanfare of Monday's play-off final win over Derby County may have died down somewhat for Aston Villa , but those at the top of the club are still working hard behind the scenes ahead of a Premier League return. 

An update posted to Companies House today has shown a major shake-up to the club

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-just-posted-update-16353909

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I've little doubt their vision for ownership is in the short term rather than medium to long but they seem to understand that the true value of the club can be realised by not taking a short term approach ala Xia/Wyness.

What an interesting summer lies ahead.

100% agree. They may not be our owners in 5yrs time but I'm convinced they will leave something better than they found. 

The biggest change of NSWE Stadium Ltd is that Purslow and Xia are no longer directors. Sawiris has taken full control and can do what he likes to whatever is held within the company. Edens is a minority director, but has no control due to the stake that Sawiris now holds in that particular company. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, av1 said:

100% agree. They may not be our owners in 5yrs time but I'm convinced they will leave something better than they found. 

That wouldn’t be hard given we were hours from a winding up order when they arrived.

Â