The NSWE Board

Guest av1

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Completely overlooking the American sport culture. It's NFL and baseball that people aspire to.

Sure one or two choose football - but it's small time. 

I would be staggered if a player makes the transition from las Vegas villains to Aston Villa in the next 20 years.

Not that it's a bad thing. But the impact on Aston Villa UK is likely to be nominal.

Historically you are correct but North American demographics have shifted considerably in the last 30 years. Football is the fastest growing sport in Canada and hugely aspirational in the major population centres of the US. Cities closer to their southern border, consequently influenced and populated by immigrants have the fastest growing teams. They are also reasonably successful which in itself is turning the MLS on its head somewhat.

I don't see this being an enormous shift or having a massive effect on Villa in the short term but it is worth considering that Canada, Mexico and principally the US, are hosting the 2026 World Cup. It makes great business sense for NSWE as a well executed MLS strategy has become a license to print money.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, thabucks said:

An expensive year or two ahead for NSWE what with Villa Park expansion to fund and Villa Las Vegas (which surely has to be the name)  to build from scratch. 

ROI is pretty much guaranteed and with the potential of dual sponsorship deals, increased exposure and coverage of the Villa brand all things currently looking very positive for the long term.

They will have to build a stadium for the LVV too won't they? 

1 minute ago, villarule123 said:

That was the last set of rumours I saw, the first rumour was that they to share the raiders new place which is a great looking big place - 65k, air con, corporate facilities etc and I think not far from the strip 

They have transformed us top to bottom. You have to realise that Newcastle are the lottery winners. We are the ones with Warren Buffet type heavy but sensible spending across every single area of the club. A ground in good condition. A truly exceptional training ground that has every single thing needed. The very best club staff in all areas . Spending big money on the players to do the business on the pitch. The best academy with brilliant proven people running it .

There should not even be a choice if we are both in for the same player . And that is thanks to Wes and Nas. They are going to make us massive because for the first time in 100 years  we are truly  acting our size . 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

NSWE could spend a billion on Villa and a billion on Vegas Villains and probably not even notice. They are rich.

They're not that rich that they wouldn't notice. Wes is worth about £1bn and Nassef about £7bn I think?

A £2bn spend will be felt!

Edited by Xela

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

They're not that rich that they wouldn't notice. Wes is worth about £1bn and Nassef about £7bn I think?

Actually thought Wes was worth more than that! But still, the funds are potentially there in total if they really wanted to.

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

That will be the expensive part but cities in the States are far more likely to pitch in and share stadium cost. 

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Absolutely correct. 

I think their spending though is based on the purchase price (I’ve got £64m in my head though I may be wrong). When you see a relegation threatened Newcastle being sold for over £300m, and I’m sure I read somewhere that Chelsea was valued at about £2b, there is certainly scope to cover anything they spend, and from everything I’ve read building business is Wes Edans bag. 

I’m not a finance expert but I think if they sold the club tomorrow they wouldn’t be a penny out of pocket. 

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

Absolutely correct. 

I think their spending though is based on the purchase price (I’ve got £64m in my head though I may be wrong). When you see a relegation threatened Newcastle being sold for over £300m, and I’m sure I read somewhere that Chelsea was valued at about £2b, there is certainly scope to cover anything they spend, and from everything I’ve read building business is Wes Edans bag. 

I’m not a finance expert but I think if they sold the club tomorrow they wouldn’t be a penny out of pocket. 

Exactly, they see it as a capital investment putting money into Villa to establish us back up among the top 6 teams in the Premier League. If they bought us for 64m and put another 400 in to fund their 5 year plan and we get into Europe. Along with all the commercial growth that comes with that then they have made money overall Vs a sale price 

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Actually thought Wes was worth more than that! But still, the funds are potentially there in total if they really wanted to.

I think Wes has access to more money via companies though if I'm not mistaken. Investment group etc?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think Wes has access to more money via companies though if I'm not mistaken. Investment group etc?

Fortress investment group is owned by Softbank in Japan. Wes made his money selling it and now makes more by running it for them - they essentially invested in him and his acumen by buying his company and giving him a load more money to play with. New Fortress Energy is where most of his money comes from now I think.

• Like 1

Apparently they want to build the stadium in Vegas on the strip and on a parcel of land owned by Fortress next to the Brightline railway terminus that will join LA to Vegas… 

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/1469790378463170560 

Here’s the rumored site the MLS stadium Garber hinted at could be built. Would be next to the long/planned Brightline West high-speed rail station. #vegas #mls #MLSCupFinal #mlscup

1A37442A-C20A-4219-8F3C-E36E290A25D6.jpeg

Edited by thabucks

3 hours ago, Xela said:

This sounds like a soundbite of my conscience when I’m at a strip club with the company directors’ credit card. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

Are they calling the expansion team "Villans" or "Villains"? Why would they not use the correct spelling of our nickname if we are supposed to be affiliated?

Because people don't know what Villa is and keeping the names slightly separate let's you refer to each of them separately. The Villans are playing the Villains. 

• Like 1

Interesting regarding the new MLS team, Say Coutinho was to sign for Villa in the summer and then stays on for 3 season would we be allowed to sell him to get the Las Vegas Villains?  Or would that breach some kind of new made up rule?

11 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Interesting regarding the new MLS team, Say Coutinho was to sign for Villa in the summer and then stays on for 3 season would we be allowed to sell him to get the Las Vegas Villains?  Or would that breach some kind of new made up rule?

Nah, we can sell him to our own sister club for a fee befitting a player of his stature, buy low, sell high.😉

Â