The NSWE Board

Guest av1

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm down a bit of a rabbit hole.

Nassef recently set up an investment company called Avanti Acquisition which is described as:

https://www.avanti-acquisition.com

Now, I'm going to bring my full powers of deduction and years of training in the financial services industry to bear here and make the claim that I wonder if that's the company that V Sports SCS will use to facilitate purchasing other clubs - I base this on the clear and obvious evidence that it's owned by Nassef Sawiris, it's name begins with AV and I think it's a company that buys and merges other companies together.

This bit might be interesting:

It's interesting because Sienna Capital are based on a street in Luxembourg less than two miles away from the non-spiritual home of Aston Villa Football Club, V Sports SCS and Sienna capital are the vehicle of French fund manager and billionaire Ian Gallienne, who is also on the board at Adidas.

Both Avanti Acquisitions and Sienna Capital are very large financial companies with much bigger fish in the fryer than buying a few football clubs for a couple of billionaires - but if you own a company that does a thing, you'd use that company to do the thing I guess, and if you can bring your super-rich investor mate that you know and trust along for the ride, why not?

I'm not sure we get to find out, because the rules on visibility for companies in Luxembourg are very different to those here - which is why they're in Luxembourg - still it's worth keeping an eye on I suppose.

All of which of course, should come with the very clear proviso that I know absolutely nothing about company structures, business finance, banking or mergers and acquisitions. I'm just a bloke that can't sleep.

Seems as if you're snitching on our potential dodgy stealth dealings in aid of making us a superpower. ( Hide post behind a firewall where FFP regulators can't find it )

Sienna Capital Fortress Villa Park for 500 mill per season.

VCS Sports new North Stand for 100 mill per season.

Adidas kit sponsorship for 50 mill per season.

All fair value, because well.... 1982.

On a serious note though, all I rea dis that we are loaded both up front and behind the scenes. 

I've always been confident that our pockets went deeper. If you look at Wes Eden's " Net worth " it doesn't necessarily correlate with the grandiose ventures he's involved in, for example.

Having said that, the likes of Forbes really have no way of knowing the true networth of certain individuals, unless they want them to.

Aside from that, it's not about their " Net Worth " , it's about their NETWORK of Finance and Assets!

I wouldn't be surprised if they've also seen the likes of Newcastle getting taken over, and decided that they need to call in bigger Guns behind the scenes to compete.

I do love this rabbit hole stuff , keep it coming mate!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

@JAMAICAN-VILLAN @OutByEaster? Nice one chaps, I would happily keep reading on this topic, please keep posting anything you can, very interesting and fun.

Regarding Wes, I've always been of the opinion that the genius finance guys will only ever let you know on a need to know basis, he is probably worth as much or more then Nas of he opened his books up.

JV said, "I wouldn't be surprised if they've also seen the likes of Newcastle getting taken over, and decided that they need to call in bigger Guns behind the scenes to compete. This is what I'm feeling too.

• Like 1

Wes Edens up until recently was worth a billion but suddenly shot up to $4.1billion according to Forbes. I have always said Wes probably is worth a lot more than he’s letting on.

Maybe he had a Nelson type character who would always flip him upside down and take his money off him.

actual footage from his school days (allegedly):

image.gif.20246bc0d58cf6f896a7bea0d48735eb.gif

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

In my opinion, these guys have really turned our club around… They have bailed us out, backed us and given us optimism again

Massive thanks to them!

And at the same time Wes Edens has managed to increase his wealth from $1bn to $4bn.  Guys genius. 

• Like 1

We all have a lot of love for the owners and the reason is simple.

We are back in the league we belong, debt free and the playing squad is up to scratch for top half finishes.

From where we were it is night and day.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

We all have a lot of love for the owners and the reason is simple.

We are back in the league we belong, debt free and the playing squad is up to scratch for top half finishes.

From where we were it is night and day.

And because they actually have a long term plan to make the club bigger and better and sustainable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

And because they actually have a long term plan to make the club bigger and better and sustainable.

Their plan to make us better has simply to back the people at the club buying players, usually that makes you a bigger club over time.... whether we become sustainable I don't see that at the moment, it would take an awfully long time, a lot of their money and a successful football team.

Just now, paul514 said:

…whether we become sustainable I don't see that at the moment, it would take an awfully long time, a lot of their money and a successful football team.

Well I meant more in terms of behind the scenes with the new Bodymoor Heath training centre, the plans to increase the stadium to 50k, the corporate structure and off-field staffing, even the Vegas Villains to spread the name.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Well I meant more in terms of behind the scenes with the new Bodymoor Heath training centre, the plans to increase the stadium to 50k, the corporate structure and off-field staffing, even the Vegas Villains to spread the name.

They are doing things, but to become sustainable to produce good players and get enough income to invest in your own club takes loads of time and other things to fall into places.

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Their plan to make us better has simply to back the people at the club buying players, usually that makes you a bigger club over time.... whether we become sustainable I don't see that at the moment, it would take an awfully long time, a lot of their money and a successful football team.

It cannot go on forever but they obviously have a mid and long term plan in place to invest as much as they can. Its fun to them. Wes has Giannis at the Bucks and Nassef i think wants the best players here at Villa. As he said when he bought us  He hates losing and the only way is up . 

At the end of the day its their dough. But everything they have done so far suggests this is just the beginning. 

There have been some bumps but it's impossible to deny that they've been anything less than outstanding. In 5 years they've taken us from near liquidation in the Championship to re-establishment in the Premier League, with a clear long term plan, and who have just signed Philippe Coutinho.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 3

Â