The NSWE Board

Guest av1

2 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Or TNS. The Welsh giants Total Network Solutions? Renowned big spenders!

There are some great pubs in Total Network Solutions. One of my favourite towns. 

• Haha 2

I do wonder what Edens and Sawitis think when they fly over to see Villa and see us (and the opposition) play like that. 

Do they wonder if all football is like this?  Or are they just disappointed with Villa playing and makes them even more driven to improve the product and the entertainment?

They're probably there more often than we realize, especially Sawiris, just don't always make it public.

Both were into football before buying us, I think the story was that they either went to or watch every game at the World Cup, and had thought about buying a MLS team, but wanted a European one because of the potential for Champions League, Sawiris apparently used to go to Arsenal games as well, and his brothers are involved in football, so they will have a good idea when we're not playing well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

They're probably there more often than we realize, especially Sawiris, just don't always make it public.

Both were into football before buying us, I think the story was that they either went to or watch every game at the World Cup, and had thought about buying a MLS team, but wanted a European one because of the potential for Champions League, Sawiris apparently used to go to Arsenal games as well, and his brothers are involved in football, so they will have a good idea when we're not playing well.

I’ve heard Purslow made it clear in fan consultation meetings that the owners’ big aim is Champions League. So Villa will have to step up a bit.

I think the ultimate aim is to make us one of the elite teams, fans are probably going to have to get used to the fact that to get us there it will take some ruthless decsions along the way, some old favorites will be deemed not good enough for where we want to be.

Just now, useless said:

I think the ultimate aim is to make us one of the elite teams, fans are probably going to have to get used to the fact that to get us there it will take some ruthless decsions along the way, some old favorites will be deemed not good enough for where we want to be.

That’s probably right. And looking past the squad, it also remains to be seen if the current foundations are strong enough to get there (manager, sporting director, ceo et cetera).

On 13/05/2022 at 20:52, MWARLEY2 said:

They obviously want a top 4 club, with top 4 training ground and facilites , top 4 staff a top 4 academy full to the brim of the outstanding talents in the west midlands and to expand an iconic stadium in a thoughtful way. 

And we are in midtable . They will not accept 2nd best while understanding that you cannot just buy players you want anymore. 

Not being pedantic - but if they won't accept 2nd best why would they want top 4 and not top 1

• Like 1

4 hours ago, withes_shin said:

Not being pedantic - but if they won't accept 2nd best why would they want top 4 and not top 1

They won't accept being 5th or 2nd to 4th, we have to be 1st (4th) or better.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/05/2022 at 21:35, villa4europe said:

We're a modern football team and I'm not entirely convinced it works like that anymore unfortunately 

Purslow would probably point to year on year growth in revenue, the new stadium plans, the infrastructure put in place and say he's actually doing alright 

Fans seem to throw out things that we have to do and must do... In reality we'll never know what the owners are really all about, they must have bought us with their eyes open as to what the PL is 

Aston Villa were 14 minutes away from snatching the Premier league title away from Man City and handing it to Liverpool......Thats football....and thats the reality of it.

I think our owners are well aware of how fickle it is....but their view will not be short term, nor will their appraisals of us be short term, despite them having a feel for our direction of travel.

I think you are right.....they did buy us with their eyes wide open.......and they will also be well aware, little old us, could have put the Kibosh on one of the best teams in Europes seasonal plans.....with a bit more resillience.

46 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

After the Fulham play off loss we were hours away from going into administration. Along came NSWE and the rest is history. People need to give their heads a wobble moaning about players wages and age.These owners are serious players who have a long term objective. Would you bet against them achieving it ?

Yeah but apart from that what have the NSWE ever done for us?

What have the Romans ever done for us? - Wagestream

• Like 1

Â