The NSWE Board

Guest av1

5 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Nah, we can sell him to our own sister club for a fee befitting a player of his stature, buy low, sell high.😉

I know you're joking and no one wants to be that guy, but unfortunately the MLS owns player registrations.  I believe the league also contributes to transfers, so we'd have to convince them of the exposure and subsequent benefits a certain player could bring.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

With the US looking to push a huge amount of LNG into the EU as part of efforts to reduce the use of Russian gas, does anyone know if this is good news for LNG supplier Fortress Energy, who have been trying to get a port facility for LNG built in Shannon for the past couple of years?

Wes Edens has a very big focus on LNG and LNG infrastructure and I'd have thought there might be a fair chance that he'll be a beneficiary of this process of erm...'rebalancing' Europe.

Could we have Putin to thank for paying Coutinho's wages next season?

25 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

With the US looking to push a huge amount of LNG into the EU as part of efforts to reduce the use of Russian gas, does anyone know if this is good news for LNG supplier Fortress Energy, who have been trying to get a port facility for LNG built in Shannon for the past couple of years?

Wes Edens has a very big focus on LNG and LNG infrastructure and I'd have thought there might be a fair chance that he'll be a beneficiary of this process of erm...'rebalancing' Europe.

Could we have Putin to thank for paying Coutinho's wages next season?

I work in LNG construction and I've seen absolutely nothing 

I can tell you though that planning is a nightmare in general, this big German one that the government stepped in and awarded on the spot last week was in year 2 of the planning process yet another 2 or 3 expected before this all happened 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Thanks 1

On 02/02/2022 at 23:23, paul514 said:

I haven't seen that since it happened.....  great day

Some might think it's a bit small time but the Club never put out the match on any external platform (either physical or digital) to watch again. The full match had been on youtube but seems to have been taken down now. I know it was only the play offs but its the only time I have seen Villa 'win' anything live. I thought they might have sent something as a season review to season ticket holders at the start of 19/20 but they didn't. It was a remarkable season really, full of ups and downs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Some might think it's a bit small time but the Club never put out the match on any external platform (either physical or digital) to watch again.

The full match is available on AVTV. Search for Derby.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Some might think it's a bit small time but the Club never put out the match on any external platform (either physical or digital) to watch again. The full match had been on youtube but seems to have been taken down now. I know it was only the play offs but its the only time I have seen Villa 'win' anything live. I thought they might have sent something as a season review to season ticket holders at the start of 19/20 but they didn't. It was a remarkable season really, full of ups and downs.

Greatest day at a live game for me. It even tops the 1980/81 league championship as a day out.

The whole story, smith the villa fan, the defeat the season before , the winding up order in that very summer , Tammys Goals, - Just a very emotional day for me.

Interestingly noted that Wes Edens net worth has jumped to circa $4 billion (per Forbes). Quite the rise considering it was only estimated at around $1 billion a year ago. 

• Like 1

NSWE owners have a net worth of $12.3b as per Forbes. That puts us third. Behind Saudi Arabia and The UAE. 

• Nassef Sawiris is an investor and a scion of Egypt's wealthiest family. His most valuable asset is a nearly 6% stake in sportswear maker Adidas.

https://www.forbes.com/profile/nassef-sawiris/

Wes Edens

Wesley Edens cofounded asset manager Fortress Investment Group in 1998. He remains with the firm as its chairman.

https://www.forbes.com/profile/wesley-edens/?sh=2ad9eeb67532

Wes Edens recent jump from $1.2b to $4b is interesting 🤔.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 2

On 25/03/2022 at 17:42, hippo said:

Greatest day at a live game for me. It even tops the 1980/81 league championship as a day out.

The whole story, smith the villa fan, the defeat the season before , the winding up order in that very summer , Tammys Goals, - Just a very emotional day for me.

And none of that great day at Wembley would’ve been possible without NSWE saving our bacon some few months previously. We really have hit the jackpot with these guys

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

NSWE owners have a net worth of $12.3b as per Forbes. That puts us third. Behind Saudi Arabia and The UAE. 

https://www.forbes.com/profile/nassef-sawiris/

Wes Edens

https://www.forbes.com/profile/wesley-edens/?sh=2ad9eeb67532

Wes Edens recent jump from $1.2b to $4b is interesting 🤔.

image.jpeg.09595282b283367a593eec3722b98e65.jpegWes Edens earlier  today

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

And none of that great day at Wembley would’ve been possible without NSWE saving our bacon some few months previously. We really have hit the jackpot with these guys

I posted the video above in their honour, this is just the beginning with these guys, be in no doubt, without them we would be in a world of pain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Its bought even more to the light when you realise whats happened to the 2 teams that finished above us that year.

Even had we have gone up the year before in all likelihood we would be back in the championship right now in a pretty bad way!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 2

Â