The NSWE Board

Guest av1

52 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

It cannot go on forever but they obviously have a mid and long term plan in place to invest as much as they can. Its fun to them. Wes has Giannis at the Bucks and Nassef i think wants the best players here at Villa. As he said when he bought us  He hates losing and the only way is up . 

At the end of the day its their dough. But everything they have done so far suggests this is just the beginning. 

I worry that they will stop investing as much if we don’t give them a better return on the pitch.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, brommy said:

Thank you.

This. We got so lucky with this lot. So lucky. 

20 hours ago, paul514 said:

I worry that they will stop investing as much if we don’t give them a better return on the pitch.

They are both feet in now. The Las Vegas project means there is no way back, not for the foreseeable.

I think this summer will be unprecedented in terms of player investment 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

They are both feet in now. The Las Vegas project means there is no way back, not for the foreseeable.

I think this summer will be unprecedented in terms of player investment 

What, bigger than the Djemba Djemba window??

21 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

They really have been and continue to be magnificent owners in every way. No more small time corner shop leadership, no more amateurish disinterested running of the club and no more fraudulent, shambolic, total mismanagement. Never in my lifetime or probably even ever, have we been run so professionally, ambitiously and with so much financial clout. It’s a wonderful time to be a Villa fan. Thank you gentlemen. I’m sure we are moving towards the rewards of success and silverware, in the short, medium and long term future of our extraordinary football club. 

Put far more eloquently than i ever could   but exactly how i feel . They are our greatest ever owners. They tick every single box you could possibly want from ownership. 

They obviously want a top 4 club, with top 4 training ground and facilites , top 4 staff a top 4 academy full to the brim of the outstanding talents in the west midlands and to expand an iconic stadium in a thoughtful way. 

And we are in midtable . They will not accept 2nd best while understanding that you cannot just buy players you want anymore. 

Here to stay and here to do everything they possibly can to achieve success. You cannot really ask for any more . 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, paul514 said:

What's the use of worrying?
It never was worth while
So pack up your troubles in your old kit-bag
And smile, smile, smile.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

They are our greatest ever owners

I like the guys but let’s not forget that our original ‘ownership’ invented the Football League and made us the most successful club in the country for 50+ years…!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I like the guys but let’s not forget that our original ‘ownership’ invented the Football League and made us the most successful club in the country for 50+ years…!

I actually wrote apart from McGregor but then deleted it as i am talking modern owners. I agree 100 percent with what you have put though

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I actually wrote apart from McGregor but then deleted it as i am talking modern owners. I agree 100 percent with what you have put though

I get it and agreed modern ‘ownership’ is a very different thing! 

On 12/05/2022 at 22:41, paul514 said:

They will now become limited by FFP. Running a 105m loss over a 3 year period continuously isn't a great idea especially as UEFA now requiring the 70% rule. The aim has to be growing commercial revenue and establishing Villa as the top Premier League Club for youth development ala Dortmund. If we have a reputation for bringing JJ, Carney, Tim, KKH, Archer through academy then we'll continue to be able to attracts the best young talent. 

We will always have an edge over the top teams in that regard as they use their financial might to buy the players they need so less chances for younger players to get game time. Youth development expenditure is excluded from all FFP calcs but the profits it bring in from player sales is included. 

The money brought in this summer from player sales will be very interesting. Turnover of squad is key to a successful club. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

They will now become limited by FFP. Running a 105m loss over a 3 year period continuously isn't a great idea especially as UEFA now requiring the 70% rule. The aim has to be growing commercial revenue and establishing Villa as the top Premier League Club for youth development ala Dortmund. If we have a reputation for bringing JJ, Carney, Tim, KKH, Archer through academy then we'll continue to be able to attracts the best young talent. 

We will always have an edge over the top teams in that regard as they use their financial might to buy the players they need so less chances for younger players to get game time. Youth development expenditure is excluded from all FFP calcs but the profits it bring in from player sales is included. 

The money brought in this summer from player sales will be very interesting. Turnover of squad is key to a successful club. 

Whilst I like and agree with your post, I feel that they will find “creative” ways around ffp in the short and medium term. Let’s face it does anyone really believe that Man City, PSV and co. are actually covering the huge amounts that they consistently spend through legitimate football income?

It’s a dirty business and I’m not advocating that we do anything dishonest, but if we want to progress consistently beyond upper mid table and the odd cup run, we need to understand the outer limits of the ffp rules and push against them very hard. Which I think is one of the reasons Purslow was employed in the first place. 

I’m sure that NSWE  are very decent and honest men but I’m equally sure that they’re not the type of men who will sit back and play nicely,  while the competition is paying lip service to the rules and laughing at them. Their ruthlessness shouldn’t be underestimated, neither should the quality of their lawyers. 

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m sure that NSWE  are very decent and honest men but I’m equally sure that they’re not the type of men who will sit back and play nicely,  while the competition is paying lip service to the rules and laughing at them. Their ruthlessness shouldn’t be underestimated, neither should the quality of their lawyers. 

Spot on. Their attitude to business is exactly as it should be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Whilst I like and agree with your post, I feel that they will find “creative” ways around ffp in the short and medium term. Let’s face it does anyone really believe that Man City, PSV and co. are actually covering the huge amounts that they consistently spend through legitimate football income?

It’s a dirty business and I’m not advocating that we do anything dishonest, but if we want to progress consistently beyond upper mid table and the odd cup run, we need to understand the outer limits of the ffp rules and push against them very hard. Which I think is one of the reasons Purslow was employed in the first place. 

Eindhoven?

Edited by Don_Simon

Â