Christian Purslow

villan-scott

23 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Hopefully this appointment puts the talk of Rafa to bed as I cannot see what he brings more than Moyes or Allardyce myself.... 

i wonder where Luke Organ fits into all this?

At the heart of the club? 

Coats on....

• Like 2

My Liverpool supporting mate has said that Purslow is good with figures and bringing in sponsors, but goes behind managers backs for signing players. He was the one who got Joe Cole for Liverpool when benitez said he specifically didn’t want him. 

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

My Liverpool supporting mate has said that Purslow is good with figures and bringing in sponsors, but goes behind managers backs for signing players. He was the one who got Joe Cole for Liverpool when benitez said he specifically didn’t want him. 

Your Liverpool supporting mate is only telling you half the truth there, though.  Perhaps less than half, as Benitez had left the club before Cole signed.

Hodgson gave the green light to the signing during the summer transfer window, but the foundations had already been laid before his arrival by former managing director, Christian Purslow. Cole arrived on a free transfer, with Liverpool fending off reported interest from Tottenham and Arsenal, but Hodgson confesses he does not consider the England international one of his own signings.

When asked if he would have pursued Cole if he had been settled in the Anfield hot seat, Hodgson replied: "It's a difficult one for me to answer. I was involved in the discussion with him, but the initiative and the desire to take Joe did come from Christian perhaps more so than myself because I wasn't in the position to say these are the players we should be targeting as I hadn't been offered the job at that point.

"I played my part in persuading him it was a good move, but I made it clear I couldn't promise him a certain position. I made it very clear Steven Gerrard was staying, and the competition for the one spot, if it was the one spot he wanted, was going to be very tough.

http://en.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/64039.html

3 hours ago, av1 said:

Speak for yourself mate. An apple muller rice goes into my packed lunch every single day ?

Oh don't get me wrong they are lovely the original ones anyhow, but they did bring some version out that just was a no no.

Good for you on still eating them, I prefer the Muller yogurts, when I see multi packs ill still get them, get about 6 in them for a few quid and they are the bomb, the strawberry being my favourite.

I just don't think they are as widely popular as what they once was, when they first came out on the scene in the UK at least, everyone was buying them and sometimes was a struggle to get them at times.

I did love the Muller villa shirt though, one of the best shirts, that and the Acorns in my eyes.

3 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

didn't Muller corner that market?

Well you have Activia, Danone, Actimel, yeo valley, Onken-(my Fav), weight watchers, dairy milk, Benecol and more.

I don't think they cornered the market, do have a good percentage of it, unless you referring to the Műller corner selection they brought out, then i would say you are rite lol

Edited by Dave-R

This was what my pool mate texted me.  

He did good and bad to be honest. He was good in the role he played of getting rid of hicks and Gillette .....but when it comes to signing players he was brutal in getting deals agreed. And made some enemies with clubs. Thats one of main reason he was pushed out apparently

9 hours ago, thabucks said:

Hopefully this appointment puts the talk of Rafa to bed as I cannot see what he brings more than Moyes or Allardyce myself.... 

i wonder where Luke Organ fits into all this?

Rumours are that Purslow is playing to his tune!

11 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Tom Fox Mk 2?

The fact that he is financially invested means sod all if he doesn't have the inner resources to face the challenges unique to Aston Villa.

Without knowing anything about him I like that he has experience working with clubs like Liverpool and Chelsea, as a club of our size and heritage and a city of Birmingham's population could and in my view, should, hold the same pedigree.

• Like 1

It all seems like a good idea giving him an investment stake in the club - will be incentivised to do well and guarantee everyone's on the same team. Wyness' incentive appears to have been to wrestle control of the club at his earliest convenience. 

• Like 2

Â