Christian Purslow

villan-scott

31 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Do we know whether Purslow has been attending games? Seeing first hand the games, style and fan reaction. 

I never saw him in exec seating when I went last night scouting I  saw Steve Stride and Brian Little though they was not far from where I was sitting 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Keener window-cleaner said:

Have we heard anyhting from our new CEO? Now I do prefer people who go by quiet with their business compared to the bragging type, but itsn't it normal that a new CEO at least says something? And he doesn't seem to be the quiet type anyway.

Lots of sackings at BMH today with a new guy poised to come in 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6186057/Aston-Villa-sack-seven-members-technical-staff-Steve-Bruce-present.html

"Aston Villa sack seven members of technical staff... with Steve Bruce present as Ian Atkins and Co are told they are not needed by new owners"

There had been differences of opinion during the summer over transfer targets, with Bruce favouring a certain style of experienced player while Atkins was eager to promote more youthful players from the continent.

No surprise there.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

Lots of sackings at BMH today with a new guy poised to come in 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6186057/Aston-Villa-sack-seven-members-technical-staff-Steve-Bruce-present.html

"Aston Villa sack seven members of technical staff... with Steve Bruce present as Ian Atkins and Co are told they are not needed by new owners"

Wish i could send my CV for one of the new positions :D 

• Like 2

So we eventually sack Bruce, get in a younger manager with fresh ideas who wants younger players from the continent, then we have to sack & hire a load of more people to help the new managers vision, and around in circles we go.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

So we eventually sack Bruce, get in a younger manager with fresh ideas who wants younger players from the continent, then we have to sack & hire a load of more people to help the new managers vision, and around in circles we go.

Not necessarily, having looked at the exits, I think they are actually being wise.

They are building the structure from back to front.

This seems to involve freshening ideas throughout the whole footballing area.

Eventually there will be enough of a technical and footballing structure in place to accommodate Bruce's departure seamlessly and bring in a "Head Coach" to oversee and move the plan forward.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I suspect that we no longer need them as we may well have some agent connections instead......

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why don’t you?

Not enough experience they will probably say as a scout!! only been professional for 15 months now!!

The scouting positions will be filled by scouts least 20 years older than me that are probably ex professional players!

Edited by Villan4Life

8 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Not enough experience they will probably say as a scout!! only been professional for 15 months now!!

The scouting positions will be filled by scouts least 20 years older than me that are probably ex professional players!

You don’t ask, you don’t get. Everyone has to build up. What’s the harm in trying?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

You don’t ask, you don’t get. Everyone has to build up. What’s the harm in trying?

Mate, exactly what i have said to clubs when i have pushed players forward that might have been a little tad unrealistic ;) great minds fella

Will see but they probably got people like that Macia and his team of scouts under him lined up! Will keep browsing net to see if they ever advertise. As you know i sent my CV to Rongtian He (Ho) via twitter DM last season and he said they will keep in on file. Whether they have or binned it or really couldn't answer 

Edited by Villan4Life

5 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Mate, exactly what i have said to clubs when i have pushed players forward that might have been a little tad unrealistic ;) great minds fella

Will see but they probably got people like that Macia and his team of scouts under him lined up! Will keep browsing net to see if they ever advertise. As you know i sent my CV to Rongtian He (Ho) via twitter DM last season and he said they will keep in on file. Whether they have or binned it or really couldn't answer 

The bunch of jokers we had last season proved they couldnt manage a filing cabinet, let alone a football club mate. Plus some silly GDPR rule probably says they can't keep it.

I'd send it in again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â