Christian Purslow

villan-scott

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

And Coutinho who we need to probably pay off and Castore made us and especially our womens team an embarrassment 

A large part of the blame for Coutinho goes to Gerrard. And ok, you can knock the dominoes down and say that’s on Purslow because Gerrard’s here because he wanted him, but some/most of the accountability has to go the guy who wanted him here. And again even if we say Coutinho is largely on CP, I would offset Coutinho “bad” with Kamara “good”.

As for the shirts, apologies for bringing you in here @NurembergVillan, but I believe I have either read or seen you say that that failure wouldn’t really fall on the CEO. That’s the manufacturers fault. There wasn’t any indication during the previous season that the shirts were going to go to shit, if they were I’d like to think issues would have been raised and the powers that be would either ensure what ultimately happened would be prevented, or try and get out of the deal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

As much as Gerrard and Coutinho were expensive mistakes, and his limelight show was a bit annoying, those things definitely helped make Villa more 'noticeable' and spoken about more. 

That was potentially something that helped to convince Emery and some of players to join.

Either way, we're in our best position for 40 year's, when only 5 year's ago we were in the Championship. 

Purslow clearly helped with that and will have done more good than bad. For that, I'm grateful to him.

I liked his limelight show 

For all villa fans give out about us being a massive club and for where we were at the time I have absolutely no doubt purslow waltzed in to the PL meetings and acted like what we all think villa are 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I liked his limelight show 

For all villa fans give out about us being a massive club and for where we were at the time I have absolutely no doubt purslow waltzed in to the PL meetings and acted like what we all think villa are 

I like Purslow and what he did for us.

I also liked that it put more light on Villa and that he was calling out some of the nonsense from other club's. He was front and centre on things like super league and for that I respect him.

It sometimes felt a little bit like the Purslow show though if you know what I mean and I can understand why that rubbed some people the wrong way.

I also suspect some people wrote him off from day one based on nothing but the negative reputation from Liverpool fan's (which I find super weird as usually everyone calls out Liverpool fan's for being ridiculous idiot's) and for him being a bit posh.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

He was front and centre on things like super league and for that I respect him.

Yes. He was absolutely right, feel like someone less in touch with the sport and fans, might have kicked off about not been invited to the party... 

19 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

As for the shirts, apologies for bringing you in here @NurembergVillan, but I believe I have either read or seen you say that that failure wouldn’t really fall on the CEO. That’s the manufacturers fault.

Nobody at the club should be on the hook for that fiasco.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â