Christian Purslow

villan-scott

1 minute ago, TheStagMan said:

The bunch of jokers we had last season proved they couldnt manage a filing cabinet, let alone a football club mate. Plus some silly GDPR rule probably says they can't keep it.

I'd send it in again. 

Nice one mate! Is Purslow on twitter ? if not i can guess his email address which i'm sure i know what it will be.

Edited by Villan4Life

28 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Looks like the club are setting up a structure to sit above a head coach. 

Days could well be numbered for Bruce, unless our results and style of play radically change

Even if they do, if we're going to go down the "head coach" route, it'll be without Bruce, he could win every remaining game this season and he'd still be gone as he's not a head coach (unless he is forced to give the coaching thing a go and he turns out to be an absolute bloody natural, which I think most will agree is unlikely) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

As much as I was entertained by Tony's antics during the little "good time" we had.

I think I like the fact that this lot don't seem to be in the business of dossing about and making empty promises.

Just getting things done in the background.

I bet Bruce and Wyness used feed naive Tony some proper shite which he soaked in for lack of better knowledge. lol

• Like 4

Interesting article in The Telegraph about the BMH departures. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/09/19/aston-villa-sack-european-scout-ian-atkins-steve-bruce-faces/

Aston Villa have sacked Ian Atkins, their European scout, in a major cull of the recruitment department.

Atkins is the most high-profile casualty with Villa’s new owners axeing at least five others in a surprise move.

Purslow has been conducting a thorough investigation into the club’s accounts after the majority takeover by Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens in July.

Just now, TheStagMan said:

Good luck mate.

Cheers mate, the email hasn't bounced back so confident he will have received it. It's like when i emailed Paul Lambert years ago re: Hakim Ziyech i worked out email address then too.  Don't expect a reply but as Mike said "If you don't ask you don't get"  :D

Just now, TheStagMan said:

"Purslow has been conducting a thorough investigation into the club’s accounts after the majority takeover by Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens in July."

Hmmm, interesting......

Is this from the link? makes you wonder how much we may have paid agents etc?

8 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

John Percy says differently. 

Edit - 

Percy must have been told to change his stance. 

That dude at Leicester will want a fair whack no doubt he must be on around £800k a year at the least! New scouts like myself don't get paid a penny we do it at moment through love until more well known and once suggestions are signed might get modest wage haha :) I know of some scouts that work for Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea etc and took them 5 years before started getting anything worth living on!! Mainly Agent's take all the money out of football and scout's don't get anything!

Edited by Villan4Life

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

I don’t go anywhere near social media and only use Facebook for business. This is just a different way to message and so far you’re the only person I’ve messaged! 

Proud Luddite ?

Sorry I don’t know how that got on here, was meant to be a message to a mate!

4 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Purslow was probably shocked at how much of our future revenue we've mortgaged just to get through the past two seasons. 

Hopefully this is the start of running the club properly.

It can only be encouraging news with him cutting away surplus staff.

It will also be interesting of his findings and how poor things could have been behind the scenes up until now.

• Like 1

Â