Christian Purslow

villan-scott

16 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

His first job is to create a rapport with the manager. by signing off the terry deal.

On Saturday you said that "I still back Bruce, I think he's been playing russian roulette with the owners to get Terry back by throwing this game to highlight the fact that we need to get centre backs".

This was posted on the Steve Bruce thread at 7.35 pm. I've quoted you word for word.

You now say that Purslow should create a rapport with a manager who you believe threw a game to get his own way. Unbelievable! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

he needs to be his own man and not a brown noser to the bosses.

Yes but he will also have a directive to follow. The board would have sold him their vision and employed the guy because they feel he can deliver it. 

Part of that may have been to stop employing older players on huge salaries, to go against that the minute he gets his feet under the table wouldn't go down to well. 

Well the owners must make clear what their vision is.

To get back to the premier league this season. Or stop signing experienced players on long contracts and big wages.

I think the compromise is obvious. Experienced free agent on pay as you play 1 year deal or deal upto the Jan window.

We need Terry or the year on year improvement under Bruce will disappear.

11 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Im a bruce in fan who wants Terry in, to bring us the championship title. 

I wasn't criticizing bruce after the game. I was admiring his chutzpah!

Purslow is just a suit who should give Bruce what he wants to win the league. Terry,

I feel like I've just landed in a parallel universe! Bruce is clearly King on this planet. 

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

Purslow is just a suit who should give Bruce what he wants to win the league. Terry,

nonsense.  Purlsow should send Bruce packing to find a manager that can win the league.  

if the manager would throw a match in order get his way on a trade (as you suggested) it is clear grounds for dismissal on that alone.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, romavillan said:

What have his appointments been like for DOF, manager, coaches etc? He was only at Liverpool a year, but in his time at Chelsea they went for Hiddink and Conte. Pretty solid there, I'd like to know some more though.

Very different challenges for him here, but at least hacing come from the top level of the sport he should be able to see pretty clearly where we lack off the pitch as well as on the coaching/football side.

He was over commercial side at Chelsea. Nothing to do with managerial appointments

At Liverpool he appointed Dalglish, Comolli and Hodgson. Not great track record

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

He was over commercial side at Chelsea. Nothing to do with managerial appointments

Ah the sound of piss on chips.

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

With hindsight poor appointments but you could argue at  the time we’re for the right reasons and made sense at the time ? 

How long did it take spuds and Levy to get it right .... Santini, Jol, Ramos, AVB, Sherwood.... Then you have Arnesen, Comoli and Baldini as DOF.... a lot of shit appointments before getting it right.... let’s hope Purslow gets up to speed quicker than levy did... 

he could be shit or the best appointment in the history of villa only time will tell and I think personally it’s unfair to judge him solely on his record at Liverpool many years ago under different circumstances .. plus if it means FSW doesn’t get near the club - fantastic ! 

I wonder if Dan Ashworth is itching to get back to club football and fancies a new challenge and project ? 

Edited by thabucks

16 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Jesus you're one of the Tribe on Facebook aren't you?

Beat me to it, thought I'd logged into the wrong site for a second. How anyone can support the unflushable turd baffles me. 

I know social media isn't the barometer to measure a managers popularity by, but I hope Christian and the board have an ear to the ground to guage Bruce's.

Saying that, if they do, I'd suspect Bruce would have a job for life if Facebook had its way. Turbomongery of the highest order on there.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, screwdriver said:

tumblr_on6szzG1lr1vhe5blo2_400.gif

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Christian Purslow was appointed as a Director of Aston Villa Ltd and Recon Group ltd on the 14th September (posted at companies house today). The same day that 54 million pounds worth of shares were cancelled. Is he taking Dr T's seat on the board?

lets hope so...

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

Christian Purslow was appointed as a Director of Aston Villa Ltd and Recon Group ltd on the 14th September (posted at companies house today). The same day that 54 million pounds worth of shares were cancelled. Is he taking Dr T's seat on the board?

or does that mean Xia now doesn't own 55% of Aston Villa?

Â