Christian Purslow

villan-scott

38 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Because they are set up like a church, like a religion, and anyone who walks away from their flock is an infidel.  Unless they go on to work in the media and spread the gospel.  Look at all the scouse preachers on MotD, 5Live, Sky Sports, and tell me I'm wrong.  They even sing their hymn before every match.

At Chelsea this guy negotiated multiple commercial partnerships, two of which - Yokohama and Nike - are worth in excess of £1bn.

I'll trust his track record over the social media rantings of vitriolic redscouse zealots.

Absolutely this, great post!

The Yokohama deal was worth £40m a year alone! I for one am very pleased with this after reading the shed end forums. 

Roy Hodgson is a decent manager in my opinion. Nothing spectacular but England stint aside I like him. Didn’t really stand a chance at Liverpool. Anyway that’s my opinion. Whether Purslow is actually any good is a case of wait and see - we have made some horrendous appointments in the past.

I've no idea, hopefully he'll be a great appointment.

Anyway, on to the DOF role that IMO is at least just as important.

I'd love for it to be someone with experience from more than just the UK.

Alexander Rosen from Hoffenheim would be a fantastic appointment. (or not) who knows

2 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Yeah bring back Muller rice! Loved that sponsor.

Everyone was eating them then, they are not as popular as they once was when they were a newish thing.

I’ll take a wild guess that he is disliked by some Liverpool fans for not finding their elusive ‘ final piece in the jigsaw’............

Very pleased about this. We might even start being professional,again in my lifetime !

2 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Can't be any worse than the last 3!

He's the only one of the 3 I've heard off at least

20 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Everyone was eating them then, they are not as popular as they once was when they were a newish thing.

Speak for yourself mate. An apple muller rice goes into my packed lunch every single day ?

44 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I’ll take a wild guess that he is disliked by some Liverpool fans for not finding their elusive ‘ final piece in the jigsaw’............

Very pleased about this. We might even start being professional,again in my lifetime !

They finished 2nd just before he took over and they had Hodgson when he left 

• Confused 1

We just have to wait and see on this one - TBH how many of us know a good CEO from a bad one - the appointment of Tom Fox was applauded on here. The most important Pursilow will do is appoint or next manager - thats where most CEO's at villa have gone wrong, - Get that right and he#s a hero !

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Liverpool fans hate him as he was one of reasons Benitez was sacked and probably Hodgson appointed. 

Anybody thinking we will ever get Rafa now will be very unhappy ;) 

Ringo is going to be devastated lol.

On paper looks a very good appointment.

4 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

Ahh bless! Do you spell out swear words using your alphabety scetti as well?! 

No no, I'm a big boy, i even make my own packed lunch ?

Only because the missus is to lazy. 

2 hours ago, sne said:

Believe it or not they actually still show this on Swedish telly from time to time :D

They’ve only just finished showing it on US Public Broadcasting channel.....they love it over here ?

1 hour ago, Nabby said:

From what I can see online it was the Liverpool Chairmen at the time  ,Martin Broughton who fell out with Rafa and was responsible  for appointing Hodgson 

Rafael Benítez has blamed Liverpool's managing director, Christian Purslow, for his departure from Anfield and the club's financial problems for last season's dramatic downturn on the pitch.

The former Liverpool manager accepted a severance payment worth up to £6m to leave Anfield this month, following a miserable campaign that yielded a seventh-place finish in the Premier League and saw the club drop out of the Champions League for the first time in six years.

Benítez endured a fraught relationship with Liverpool's co-owners, Tom Hicks and George Gillett, during his final years at Anfield and the pair tried to replace him as manager with Jürgen Klinsmann. However, the new Internazionale coach said the man responsible for his exit was Purslow, who joined Liverpool in June last year and is now overseeing the search for the Spaniard's successor as manager.

"It was really sad," Benítez said when discussing his departure in an interview with Radio City today. "I was on holiday so it was a surprise that everything was going on in this way, but at the end of the day it has to be like this because Christian Purslow is now in charge and he decided to do it in this way. That is it. It is really sad but you have to move forwards. I said to my family that we cannot stay talking too much or complain too much; we have to move forwards.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/jun/25/rafael-benitez-christain-purslow-liverpool-exit

Â