Christian Purslow

villan-scott

Thanks for posting the clips, very interesting. He seems to argue strongly for his opinions, and seems to have quite good insight in how clubs are run. Gives the impression that he is someone you don't want to mess with. Now it's time for him to make the right decisions here.

Anyone who knows what he has been doing over the last few years?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Just listening on how knowledgable Purslow is. He is going to be an asset to this club.

Interested that at 7:28 in that video he talks about the imbalance of the Liverpool squad. 

I wonder what he makes of our current lot. 

Not getting too excited about this guy...  I got excited about Tom Fox, who had a similar background in the business world and at another big club, getting Arsenal bumper sponsorship deals.  I got excited about Keith Wyness, who had experience at other large clubs and seemed to talk the talk and walk the walk when he arrived here.  Disappointment and Villa go hand in hand, so I'm going to take a new approach with everything...  Have no expectations and you can't be disappointed. 

As impressive as Purslow's commentary on Sky has been, Liverpool fans have nothing good to say about him.  They saw him as a silver-tongued snake who masterminded shoving Benitez out of the club and replacing him with the footballing genius of Roy Hodgson.  I'll wait and see, but some of the things he preaches in a lot of the videos I've watched with his commentary about Arsenal/Wenger and Liverpool/Klopp don't at all match up with what he did at Liverpool when he had the reins.  Then again, most of our fans would tell anyone who hired Tom Fox as their chairman that he is clueless idiot who helped get us relegated with the whole Sherwood/Reilly situation, when to be fair, Lerner made that job a poisoned chalice for anyone to take on to begin with.  

Edited by KMitch

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Talks about buying the best, buying like for like, and not selling your assets like Arsenal and not replacing them.

Tells me these owners mean business, and that is the only reaon he is here. Just need to get rid of the manager.

They all talk the talk so id take what he has to say with a pinch of salt but if there is no mention of the Villa engine. That’s already a good start. 

• Haha 1

It's going to be tough start for him without a doubt and I don't think Saturday's result has made it any easier for him either.

He will need assistance to implement a financial, commercial and football strategy.  He is knows the first two means nothing without the latter so this is going to be the first thing that he is going to address.

For him to find someone to assist him with a football strategy he is going to need eyes and ears on the training ground and someone to help supplement this plan. I would like to think that some form of Technical director will be a target for him. The question is who is capable of fulfilling this role?

A lot of the sort after directors have either been promoted into head coaches or have new roles.

So the first few months will be busy for him.

I am excited, not by his appointment but because we are going to see some change and I am eager to see what this is and what affect this will have on this clubs future.

• Like 2

What have his appointments been like for DOF, manager, coaches etc? He was only at Liverpool a year, but in his time at Chelsea they went for Hiddink and Conte. Pretty solid there, I'd like to know some more though.

Very different challenges for him here, but at least hacing come from the top level of the sport he should be able to see pretty clearly where we lack off the pitch as well as on the coaching/football side.

22 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

His first job is to create a rapport with the manager. by signing off the terry deal.

He also has to please his bosses who it seems were not happy to sign off the deal with Terry. 

Â