Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

45 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You kind of have a point. Permanents are better than loans. but then again using loans in the Championship is incredibly common. It allows you to get better players, even if it's only for a season. Players like Tammy Abraham wouldn't sign permanently for a Championship club.

And I don't think we are in that big of a hole. We have Kodjia to fill the void in the short term and we have a month to get a new striker in to take Abraham's place. 

Championship clubs utilise the loan system a lot. All the teams that went up last season had loan players in their squads. Dean Smith will continue to use the loan system.

Yes I do see your point but I'm looking at norwich and Leeds and they have not been heavily reliant on loans this year. Even if Tammy had 50 goals its no use if we can't have him for half the season.

It can be done with smart planning and having a good scouting network. Also looking at farke he didn't do too well last year but stuck with him and they are seeing the benefits this year.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes I do see your point but I'm looking at norwich and Leeds and they have not been heavily reliant on loans this year. Even if Tammy had 50 goals its no use if we can't have him for half the season.

It can be done with smart planning and having a good scouting network. Also looking at farke he didn't do too well last year but stuck with him and they are seeing the benefits this year.

True but they still have loan players contributing. Norwich's second top scorer is a loan.

Point is it's not unusual for a team in the Championship chasing promotion to use loans. You need to find the right balance and I do think we were over reliant last year. But we're not some strange anomaly using loans in this league.

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

True but they still have loan players contributing. Norwich's second top scorer is a loan.

Point is it's not unusual for a team in the Championship chasing promotion to use loans. You need to find the right balance and I do think we were over reliant last year. But we're not some strange anomaly using loans in this league.

I think this year has been the same as the last tbh. I sit think it might not be as bad come the summer as we have jedinak and whelan off the books and that will be over 50k a week saved on those two. Then no boalise, Tammy, el ghazi, tuanzebe and hause.

We would have saved a fair bit on wages from these lot.

Correct. We need to stop seeing loans as the issue. They're sometimes the only way to get top players here. It also works both ways as we can dump the shit ones cheaply. Yes its better to have settled players who are worthy of a place but our recruitment has been terrible and we're left with a lot of expensive rubbish we can't shift.

I can see all players being loans one day, or rather one season contracts. Also an NFL style draft system for the best youth, rather than a few clubs hoarding them would work.

• Like 1

What will be will be.  We'll find a new goal scorer.  Could be anyone on the books.  Davies filled in nicely for 10 games last year, someone will step up, and if they don't get goals like Tammy does, they'll bring something different to the team. 

But he's been good for us, so good luck Tammy! :)  

If Tammy goes he goes.  We find a different way to play with the players we have got or are going to get.  It is what Dean Smith is paid to work out. 

People should sometimes look back at history to maybe predict the future.

We sold Andy Gray (A much better Striker) to Wolves for 1.5 million and ended up replacing him with some Journey Man called Peter Withe.

Wolves finished above us in the 1979-80 season in the old Div 1.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The blaming of Bruce for this is just nonsense.

he signed an excellent striker (at this level) on loan for the season. As many people have pointed out, Abraham's goals are what have kept us from being even shitter than we already are this season. It's been a great signing even if it's only been for 6 months.

Blaming Bruce for Chelsea recalling their player months after Bruce has left is really scraping the "stuff to blame on Steve Bruce" barrell. 

I have to agree Stevo. As you know I’m never adverse to a bit of Brucey Blame, I think he deserves most of it, but this one isn’t really down to him, or anyone else. We were hardly in a position to dictate the terms of the loan agreement. 

The fault lies in the fact that we have been badly run for about 10 years and allowed ourself to get into a situation where we don’t  control our own squad. Hopefully that will change over time and the new owners are switched on enough to not make the same mistakes. 

• Like 1

Â