Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

Would be bitterly disappointing if he's going to Wolves without them having the option to buy but indicative of his pure ambition to play at the top and lets face it, it's a much better opportunity than slugging it out for a playoff spot at a level he's too good for.

In terms of him being a 'premier league player', well the jury is still out, he misses a lot of chances and when you scale for the fact that he will be getting a lot less chances for Wolves than he does in the Championship for us, he may well be found wanting, as he did last season at Swansea. 

I don't blame him for leaving at all, most people on here would do the same, there's always an operational risk when you take a player on a straight loan at this level and this increases when he's among your very best players. Welcome to football.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Would be bitterly disappointing if he's going to Wolves without them having the option to buy but indicative of his pure ambition to play at the top and lets face it, it's a much better opportunity than slugging it out for a playoff spot at a level he's too good for.

In terms of him being a 'premier league player', well the jury is still out, he misses a lot of chances and when you scale for the fact that he will be getting a lot less chances for Wolves than he does in the Championship for us, he may well be found wanting, as he did last season at Swansea. 

I don't blame him for leaving at all, most people on here would do the same, there's always an operational risk when you take a player on a straight loan at this level and this increases when he's among your very best players. Welcome to football.

has he definitely left?, as in confirmed he has?

Strikes me as completely unprofessional... Can't be doing with that. 

If that's his character, he shouldn't be welcome anymore.

Edited by Dale

You have to think from his perspective. He already had wildly successful spell at Championship club, he doesn't have anything to proof at this level anymore. Meanwhile he struggled mightily at poor Swansea last year. Joining good Wolves and scoring bangers would completely repair his reputation at that level and ensure him a big big contract for the future. 

It's a no brainer unfortunately. If this was his first loan spell maybe things would be different. 

26 minutes ago, Dale said:

Strikes me as completely unprofessional... Can't be doing with that. 

If that's his character, he shouldn't be welcome anymore.

Yes if that's true, although he was a favourite amongst us, basically a hit, he will sour his relations with our club all while possibly making the most stupid move of his career.

If he was expected at the club and didn't bother to show up it does show a lack of class. I can forgive him wanting to step up and show that he can score in the Premier League and I can forgive him leaving mid-season as he has done well for us whilst on loan here and ultimately he isn't our player. But there is a way to go about it and skipping training isn't it. However this hasn't been confirmed by the club yet so could be nonsense and he's innocent until then.

If he needs to miss training for a club he’s leaving to secure a deal I can’t begrudge that, he’s on loan and put 100% in every game. We don’t know the ins and outs of it.

Best of luck to him and a lot of work for us to do in the window and on the training pitch.

• Like 4

Remember reports of Bruce chasing Joe Bryan down the freeway?  The press doesn't know what they're spouting most of the time.  Don't let some unfounded rumor flip your opinion on this kid.  He gave his all for us in every single performance this season.  If he actually does go to Wolves this week fair play to him.  He deserves his chance to play in the Premier League and I won't begrudge him in any way.

Edited by KMitch
  • Like 1

Â