Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

Obviously is on a mission to prove himself in the Premier League. Good luck to him if he goes, his contribution thus far has been outstanding. Not sure how we will go about filling the void he will leave.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It’s crazy how much they are in front of us as a club. At the moment I think  we are the 7th ranked midlands club on paper regarding league position. Leicester are another midland club who are so much more progressed than we are. We are without doubt the biggest club in the region, but that’s means naff all anymore. It’s all about being in the prem, and that looks unlikely again for next season. 

And how quickly it happened. I remember sniggering when they had lambert....then in one season boom. Amazing really. They're a prem team for the foreseeable future for sure.

I guess it's just our time to be in the shadows 😭

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He will start games there...

Not so many I suspect. He also will need to start again with a new set of fans who will see him as a squad player rather than as an automatic starter, as will his new manager. Still that will be his and Chelsea's problem.

25 minutes ago, John said:

Not so many I suspect. He also will need to start again with a new set of fans who will see him as a squad player rather than as an automatic starter, as will his new manager. Still that will be his and Chelsea's problem.

I doubt that very much. 

He's being brought there to play.

If he goes many games without a goal then maybe but they have brought him because the manager, club and fans think they need a striker and he is that striker they have chosen. 

He'll probably start off the bench as most new players seem to these days. 

8 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Well, this way Chelsea get another look at Tammy in the premier league. 

In fact everyone gets a look at Tammy in the premier league. If he does well (say 8-10+ goals) there will be some justification in Chelsea saying “you want Tammy, well he can score goals in the premier league now...£35m please.” Or they’ll think “he’s shown either more promise, let’s keep him.”

If he stays at Villa, he’ll bang them in, but the question over whether he can do it in the premier league would remain and as such his value would also be questionable. Chelsea would also still be none the wiser about whether he would be any good for them.

Of course if he doesn’t score any at Wolves and is deemed a flop, they then have the issue of what to do with him, his value won’t have rocketed up and they’d probably think he isn’t going to make it for them.

It’s a bit of a gamble, but I guess Chelsea deem it to be a calculated one.

Some valod points there however championship players have gone for bog money as well. Never last season they were valuing him at 40m!!!

7 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

A 6 figure weekly wage is nothing in the Premier League, even for a up and coming player like Abraham. They would have cash coming out of their ears. If he can get back in the England squad he will instantly be worth £30 million. 

A lot of ifs. He’s got youth on his side, but Chelsea rated him at a third of his alleged Wolves money. Chelsea aren’t exactly tight with their money. The problem is when you pay someone a big lump, especially a young player, some of the more established players are straight on the blower to their agents. it can soon spiral.

We all had a dig at Spurs in the summer because they were after Jack, but that aside, I admire the way they are run. That’s the sort of business model we need to aim for. Wolves are like kids who have just found the keys to the sweet cupboard. If we had won the playoff final I shudder to think the mess Xia and Wyness would have got us into. There’s money awash in the PL, but there is a bottom to the pit and while there’s greed and nobody keeping count, clubs will continue to find themselves at the bottom of the pit with a broken shovel. 

• Like 2

Don't really blame him for going, he's still got an awful lot to prove Imo and he's one of these youngsters who quite suddenly won't be that young any more 

As for wolves...for where their fans keep bleating on about where they want to be, good luck to Tammy but I really don't think he is there, he's definitely never going to be Chelsea number 9, good enough for a top 6 prem team? Not for me, his work rate and attititude both seem great and he's not the finished article but if they spend £25 -30m on him thinking he's the difference between where they are now and going up 4/5 places I just don't see it

• Like 2

Just now, Stevo985 said:

The blaming of Bruce for this is just nonsense.

he signed an excellent striker (at this level) on loan for the season. As many people have pointed out, Abraham's goals are what have kept us from being even shitter than we already are this season. It's been a great signing even if it's only been for 6 months.

Blaming Bruce for Chelsea recalling their player months after Bruce has left is really scraping the "stuff to blame on Steve Bruce" barrell. 

I need to clarify my point.  When i said genius piece of business I meant using our small resources over the last few years for loans where we have had to continously rebuild a squad each year (temporarily) then signing players like nyland and whelan on permanent deals.

I would have prferred to have seen the money invested better than temporary fixes that bruce adopted. As gokd as Tammy has been its left us in a major hole now hasnt it?

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I need to clarify my point.  When i said genius piece of business I meant using our small resources over the last few years for loans where we have had to continously rebuild a squad each year (temporarily) then signing players like nyland and whelan on permanent deals.

I would have prferred to have seen the money invested better than temporary fixes that bruce adopted. As gokd as Tammy has been its left us in a major hole now hasnt it?

You kind of have a point. Permanents are better than loans. but then again using loans in the Championship is incredibly common. It allows you to get better players, even if it's only for a season. Players like Tammy Abraham wouldn't sign permanently for a Championship club.

And I don't think we are in that big of a hole. We have Kodjia to fill the void in the short term and we have a month to get a new striker in to take Abraham's place. 

Championship clubs utilise the loan system a lot. All the teams that went up last season had loan players in their squads. Dean Smith will continue to use the loan system.

3 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Can't see how he will fit in at Wolves, after watching match last night I don't think they put one good cross in. When they did cross it wasn't good... It would be better for his development to stay here, but his pockets will be saying move. 

It's always so easy to just say 'it's for the money'. We said it about Milner, Delph, Young and so on—all of them became Premier League winners, managed to continue being England internationals and have generally done a lot for their careers. Wolves are a Premier League club—and a good one—that's enough motivation for him.

6 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Can't see how he will fit in at Wolves, after watching match last night I don't think they put one good cross in. When they did cross it wasn't good... It would be better for his development to stay here, but his pockets will be saying move. 

He'll be getting the same wage.

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

at the risk of continuing the bruce debate, yes permanent signings are much, much better...but also come with added risk i.e. 3/4 year contracts if they dont work out. not to mention, we wouldn't have been able to attract a player anywhere near as good for the same money you spend on a loan. lets say tammy is on 40k now...over the 10 month loan we'd have spent £2m on him. what does 2m get in terms of striker these days? we as fans have demanded promotion each season since we've been down here, we dont give the management time to invest and build a team each year. could you imagine the backlash if bruce had bought a couple of cheap 19 year old prospects leaving us light up front?

wolves got promoted with loan players last season...it's very difficult to do so without them, and in the defense of the loan strategy, players getting recalled is actually quite rare unless the parent club has an injury crisis (steer) or is correcting a mistake by previous management (elphick). you dont often see players getting recalled just because they're having a good season and they want them to play somewhere else

i do agree that this has highlighted a major risk to the way we've been doing things until now. assuming we dont go up this season, we need to accept we're down here for a while and give smith the time to build a team in the way he was starting to at brentford rather than going for the instant success of loans. or just put in 'no recall' clauses in any loans

• Like 1

15 hours ago, privateer said:

And can I just point out that if he is leaving, he was named after a crappy girls comic from the 1970s. The jerkoff.

Tammy, this is you, this is.

s-l300.jpg

However, if he is staying then of course he was named after a biblical legend and the father of all three of the world's greatest religions.

Kevin was the name of a biblical legend?

Tammy Abraham 20160511.jpg
Abraham warming up for Chelsea in 2016
Personal information
Full name Kevin Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo-Abraham[1]
Date of birth 2 October 1997 (age 21)[2]
Place of birth Camberwell, London, England
Height 6 ft 3 in (1.90 m)[2]
Playing position Striker
Club information
Current team
Aston Villa
(on loan from Chelsea)