Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

27 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Consistency is the difference between a world class winger and a good/average winger. That and finishing ability. El ghazi already has the finishing so beigg consistent could have him be a top winger in the prem. 

Most wingers are inconsistent unless they are among the elite

• Like 2

As we saw last season, we'll see the best of him further into the season.  I think el ghazi sometimes suffers from a lack of belief.  You can see he doesn't like it if he loses the ball from a dribble.  He's a bit more sensitive than others.  It's something we'll have to deal with I think, inconsistency.  As @Zatman said, unless he's gonna turn into an 70m winger, we will see him have bad games. 

That said, as @Keyblade said, he's quietly getting goals and assists, so keep up the good work!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

A lot of it had to do with being held back by Taylor. Trezeguet suffered the same fate when he was on the left too.

Never seen one, fairly inoffensive, player have such a negative effect on the team.

He killed everything, and did do again when he got 30 mins v Burnley.

Never want to see him play for us again. It's pointless, he's not going to improve at 30. Use Hause or a youth player, or Guilbert, or bloody anyone else.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, lexicon said:

What attitude? He can be a little pissy sometimes when he messes up or is fouled but his overall attitude and professionalism is very good - he's worked hard to improve and get up to snuff both in the Championship and now in the Prem too. He obviously listens to Smith and the coaching staff and wants to play well, score goals and get assists. I think he's a good guy to have in the team. 

I agree. It was in relation to other posts saying he had one. I was just being a bit sarcy.

• Like 1

He's playing well and you can tell he absolutely loves playing for us. Taylor getting dropped has had a good effect on him and I think he's just going to get better as the season goes on, I hope DS keeps bringing him off where feasible mid second half for fresh legs. He'll have a few shockers and go missing occasionally but nature of the beast with wingers.

8 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Turned around and saw it was coming at him. He was unprepared and just tried to hit it not directly at the keeper. He managed that but got a tad unlucky. 

Absolutely spot on. 

• Like 1

On 06/10/2019 at 14:32, KHV said:

Seems to suffer from a touch of Hourihane syndrome.

Pops up with goals and assists and is constantly doubted

I don’t know about ‘constantly doubted’, but he often misses simple passes and fluffs his lines with shots and crosses. But he clearly shows a mental strength to not let it effect him because, as you said, he carries on and gets the assist/goals.

Against Norwich he was actually fairly poor, in my opinion, except for his assists. I watched the full game back yesterday and there were many occasions where he became the weak link in an attack. I’d still rather have him start over Trez/Jota currently though, because as others have said, inconsistency is natural.

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

I don’t know about ‘constantly doubted’, but he often misses simple passes and fluffs his lines with shots and crosses. But he clearly shows a mental strength to not let it effect him because, as you said, he carries on and gets the assist/goals.

Against Norwich he was actually fairly poor, in my opinion, except for his assists. I watched the full game back yesterday and there were many occasions where he became the weak link in an attack. I’d still rather have him start over Trez/Jota currently though, because as others have said, inconsistency is natural.

That's the thing about wingers. A lot of the things they try don't come off. They're always playing and thinking at 100 mph that they'll get even simple things wrong. But what you do want from them is output and quality in the final third. So far you can't really argue with 2 goals and 3 assists from Anwar.

• Like 1

Â