Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

7 minutes ago, Chindie said:

If there was any hope of Smith changing our style of play I'd maybe give him more of a striker role.

I think he *could* be capable of playing through the middle as well. He’s got the attributes and can finish. 

He’s a bit of a liability playing wide in a 3, he doesn’t track back well enough and doesn’t do enough going forward to make up for it either. 

I got him wrong and I'm sad.

I thought Smith could get performances out of him consistently. No. No one can. 

He's a mercurial underachiever with probably as much ability as Grealish. Mentality isn't there though, never will be.

Best we can ever hope for is three good games in a row, may as well give him a couple of weeks off if he ever gives them to us, bring him back and see if it clicks straight back in.

I'd try him up front immediately. Try and spark something. Everything physically and technically he needs to be a fantastic player is there.

45 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's a mercurial underachiever with probably as much ability as Grealish. Mentality isn't there though, never will be.

Best we can ever hope for is three good games in a row, may as well give him a couple of weeks off if he ever gives them to us, bring him back and see if it clicks straight back in.

I'd try him up front immediately. Try and spark something. Everything physically and technically he needs to be a fantastic player is there.

Weird thing to post after being our best player not named Marvelous for 2 games running now. He's still not where he should be given his attributes but he's been getting better with each game. He actually looks a threat now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

A little harsh, granted he's inconsistent but then most wingers are. When he's on his game he's one of our best players, and he showed glimpses of it yesterday.

Unfortunately when we aren't winning the battles in the middle of the pitch, aren't retaining possession of the ball and aren't carrying the ball forward through the center of the pitch it makes it very hard for players like Anwar to get into the game. Hitting balls out to the wings and hoping they produce some magic running from deep just doesn't work against a team like Wolves. He made some great runs during the game, but we were asking too much of him and Trezeguet at times.

Without Grealish in the team we struggled to release the ball to the wingers in the right areas at the right time. We need to try and get the wingers playing alongside Wesley more as a front three in the way that Liverpool do, with the three pressing as a unit; in this way we can utilise El Ghazi's attributes in front of goal a lot more and release the burden on Wesley.

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

A little harsh, granted he's inconsistent but then most wingers are. When he's on his game he's one of our best players, and he showed glimpses of it yesterday.

Unfortunately when we aren't winning the battles in the middle of the pitch, aren't retaining possession of the ball and aren't carrying the ball forward through the center of the pitch it makes it very hard for players like Anwar to get into the game. Hitting balls out to the wings and hoping they produce some magic running from deep just doesn't work against a team like Wolves. He made some great runs during the game, but we were asking too much of him and Trezeguet at times.

Without Grealish in the team we struggled to release the ball to the wingers in the right areas at the right time. We need to try and get the wingers playing alongside Wesley more as a front three in the way that Liverpool do, with the three pressing as a unit; in this way we can utilise El Ghazi's attributes in front of goal a lot more and release the burden on Wesley.

We done that very well when we had Gabby, Tekkers, Weimann. Although the main difference is Wesley compared to Benteke.

I remember that year we used Sylla in a very good way (which could be done with McGinn this year).

• 2 weeks later...
Â