Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

We should all be nice to eachother all the time, fluffy clouds and unicorns and let's all congratulate eachother for just being alive.

Said no-one in the real world.

Mings was absolutely right to go in on AEG, he's a had an issue with tracking back since he's been here - it's been picked up on multiple occasions by people who don't even watch us that much. If we had more people who cared like Mings does we'd probably be higher up in the table.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, momo said:

First it was bad behavior from Mings, then it was a bad response from AEG. Taking sides is stupid, and if anybody shouted at me like that on the football field, I would almost do what AEG did. You can't be a doormat at this high level. Then you wouldn't have reached this heights. And to think how unison this site was when a former coach was recently let go because he was a hard coach, now some here are saying that AEG should have taking a public bollocking and shut up.

Can you just explain the bold for me, I’ve had to go and watch the incident back and I really don’t see this alleged bad behaviour from Mings. He bollocked someone for a perceived lack of effort which we can all argue about the accuracy of until we are blue in the face, to which AEG proceeded to do that prima donna fake head butt crap which could have seen us down to ten men. The mans a hot headed clown who thinks he’s above criticism clearly.

He’s not contributing offensively, so perform defensively and put a shift in then, not a token gesture of a close down after the man has ghosted past you. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Inspiration said:

Can you just explain the bold for me, I’ve had to go and watch the incident back and I really don’t see this alleged bad behaviour from Mings. He bollocked someone for a perceived lack of effort which we can all argue about the accuracy of until we are blue in the face, to which AEG proceeded to do that prima donna fake head butt crap which could have seen us down to ten men. The mans a hot headed clown who thinks he’s above criticism clearly.

He’s not contributing offensively, so perform defensively and put a shift in then, not a token gesture of a close down after the man has ghosted past you. 

I had to chuckle at the thought of Noble "ghosting" past anyone 😉

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

We should all be nice to eachother all the time, fluffy clouds and unicorns and let's all congratulate eachother for just being alive.

Said no-one in the real world.

Mings was absolutely right to go in on AEG, he's a had an issue with tracking back since he's been here - it's been picked up on multiple occasions by people who don't even watch us that much. If we had more people who cared like Mings does we'd probably be higher up in the table.

So I'm guessing since you live in the real world and not about that fluffy clouds and unicorns life, you would have done something about the grown man who got into your grill like you were his son.

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I can only take from this you've never been in the military? 

In fact every testosterone heavy team I've participated in, whether it's military, football or other stuff, you will always have those kinda leaders. You don't get your point across talking like it's a tea party. 

My word. Is that where you learnt the phrase butt hurt fan club?

Dean Smith very measured 99% of the time. Almost like he's at a tea party. That must vex you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That's fair enough. You got to know your audience so to speak, but I just don't see the problem here. If you can't handle a bollocking as a footballer, a team sport, then I'd argue you're in the wrong profession. 

I'm sure there is a Kevin Macdonald thread around here somewhere...

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, The Inspiration said:

Mings isn't perfect, he makes mistakes, he steps on heads. And his reaction on AEG was over the top. It is one thing to talk sternly about focusing, it is another to give a big public bollocking. You do understand the difference? This isn't me taking sides, like you are doing. I am telling this the way I see it. Mings shocked me, and I respect AEG's response except the head-movement.

47 minutes ago, momo said:

Mings isn't perfect, he makes mistakes, he steps on heads. And his reaction on AEG was over the top. It is one thing to talk sternly about focusing, it is another to give a big public bollocking. You do understand the difference? This isn't me taking sides, like you are doing. I am telling this the way I see it. Mings shocked me, and I respect AEG's response except the head-movement.

Haven’t claimed he’s perfect once, although not overly sure what relevance the head stamping remark has but if you feel that strengthens the argument that’s fine.

no I don’t understand the difference in all honesty, it’s the same thing, you’re splitting hairs.

So you don’t respect AEG’s response then, because the “head-movement” was his response, didn’t see much in the form of conversation.

1 hour ago, The Inspiration said:

Haven’t claimed he’s perfect once, although not overly sure what relevance the head stamping remark has but if you feel that strengthens the argument that’s fine.

no I don’t understand the difference in all honesty, it’s the same thing, you’re splitting hairs.

So you don’t respect AEG’s response then, because the “head-movement” was his response, didn’t see much in the form of conversation.

Well it is a difference. And in all honesty, you know it, and you are arguing for argument's sake.

And don't try telling me what I mean and what I see again. You saw it, I saw it, the whole world saw it. Mings got into his face yelling like a bitch, AEG yelled back and then moved his head a tad inwards. So not only have you seen it, now I have written it for you how it happened.

You wont win this argument or change my opinion, cause you are totally wrong on all accounts.

Edited by momo

15 minutes ago, momo said:

Well it is a difference. And in all honesty, you know it, and you are arguing for argument's sake.

And don't try telling me what I mean and what I see again. You saw it, I saw it, the whole world saw it. Mings got into his face yelling like a bitch, AEG yelled back and then moved his head a tad inwards. So not only have you seen it, now I have written it for you how it happened.

You wont win this argument or change my opinion, cause you are totally wrong on all accounts.

7026ECEA-C205-4E81-9B13-75592AF7DDE6.jpeg

12 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

It really isnt. Noble is in Grealishs eye of sight, moving from his area on the field, therefore he should have followed him or let AEG know that he is coming. Zonal marking is complex, but Im 200% sure if you got a heatmap of Noble, most of his positions would be in the midlle area, making him the responsibility of our 3 man midfield to mark.

Nobody is disputing what position Noble was playing.

But just because Noble was playing as a central midfielder and would normally have been Grealish or Nakamba's responsibility, that doesn't mean that he is always their responsibility. So the heatmap is irrelevant. All that matters is what was happening on this specific play.

As I said, football is fluid, and players deliberately take up positions which mess up the defensive shape. In this case, AEG could have taken responsibility when Noble drifted out wide.

I agree, though, that it isn't clear, and AEG has a case that he was covering for someone else, and shouldn't have been bollocked. You seem to be 100% (or 200%) sure of your analysis, and I'm just wondering how you can be unless you've been doing defensive drills and tactical preparations with the squad all week?

2 hours ago, Rossco76 said:

Anwar should be dropped for the Arsenal game due to a lack of form and Jack moved into his position, but this won't happen so here's to hoping he improves his form, scores or creates something and gains confidence.

It might happen, we might try to flood the midfield against arsenal to deny them space and long periods of possession. 

8 hours ago, weedman said:

This whole argument is ridiculous. Firstly players don't have set players they mark tightly all game, that would be absolute carnage from a defensive positional point of view. If Jack had gone to Noble it would leave a huge gap that Lanzini could stroll into unmarked, and if another midfielder comes across to cover him it leaves a huge gap behind him etc.

El Ghazi absolutely should have tracked him, Nobles come into his area to overlap the winger, it's not like it's the first time it's happened, whenever teams start playing across the pitch there's a free man out wide and you can see that El Ghazi simply doesn't notice them until a pass is about to be made and he's too far away to properly cover them, has to sprint into position and gets easily beaten. It happened in this game, it happened in the playoff final. His positional awareness is poor. 

Mings, in the heat of the moment, goes a bit OTT with the bollocking, El Ghazi, in the heat of the moment, goes a bit OTT with defending himself. Out of the moment they both realised they went a bit OTT and shook hands and moved on, it's literally a non issue.

On his performance though while I agree it was poor, I honestly thought he was pretty much the only player I could see scoring a goal for us, he got into some good attacking positions but you can see his confidence (or possibly ability) is low and he scuffed at chances. He looks to me now how he looked when he first started playing in the Championship, once he got used to the level and the physicality his performances improved massively and he became an important player for us, I'm hoping he will also improve this year as the season goes on

Thank you. Bear in mind the people who believe in man-to-man marking across the pitch have all "played football at a high level", so be prepared for some backlash.

On your final point - I was actually wondering whether we should try El Ghazi as a striker. He is a good finisher off both feet, and he has a hunger to score goals. He scored 11 in 27 for Ajax in 2015-16. Maybe he just doesn't have the mentality or tactical instincts to do the job he's being asked to do.

32 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Thank you. Bear in mind the people who believe in man-to-man marking across the pitch have all "played football at a high level", so be prepared for some backlash.

On your final point - I was actually wondering whether we should try El Ghazi as a striker. He is a good finisher off both feet, and he has a hunger to score goals. He scored 11 in 27 for Ajax in 2015-16. Maybe he just doesn't have the mentality or tactical instincts to do the job he's being asked to do.

Interesting shout. He showed last year he can finish. Maybe he can be coached in to a striker like Henry was. 

Â