Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

The player we've bought in who I want most to succeed, apart from maybe McGinn, who obviously will go on to great things.

He was so weak in challenges yesterday Rl Ghazi. But then he goes and scores a cracker. Difficult to know whether to play him or not.

I think we have to play him. He's our wide player with the most productive output so far this season. I don't massively rate him, but if Wesley isn't going to score, then we need a lot of goals from midfield and I don't see enough of them coming from Trezeguet or Jota. Playing El Ghazi definitely gives our defence a harder job though.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Good idea. But we're short of wingers atm.

Can't afford to play him as a cf at the time being.

We could do what juve do with ronaldo and mandzukic. Where they play mandzukic out wide as a targetman I.e wesley or Davis, and have him dominate the full back physically forcing a centre half to move over and help creating space for ronaldo to run. 

glad to see others suggesting we try him up front.  we're desperate for someone to offer a bit of a threat up there and I think with his shooting ability he'd bag a few.  may not be great with his back to goal but neither is wes. failing that play him up top with davis in a 442 mcginn and Marv in the centre with jack and trez out wide.

Edited by tezzaleed

On 04/10/2019 at 02:54, tezzaleed said:

glad to see others suggesting we try him up front.  we're desperate for someone to offer a bit of a threat up there and I think with his shooting ability he'd bag a few.  may not be great with his back to goal but neither is wes. failing that play him up top with davis in a 442 mcginn and Marv in the centre with jack and trez out wide.

Adomah's best days with us was when Davis was leading the line. So with Davis hold-up play I think our wingers will be the most benefit out of that.

I think Davis would be the safest choice to play at the moment, while he's not great but his physical attributes and his hold up play will benefit everybody in the team. Even long balls would be much better than with Wesley.

Not writing Wesley off, but we really need points, and it seems it might take too long for Wesley to adapt even though he's scoring. 

I also think that Davis has pace and could be dangerous with counter attacking, we definitely lack pace currently.

Â