Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

Some players just knows how to score, and that ability with them let you confused as there other attributes could be bad. 

Out of our players, if I was going to bet on three to score, they're:

Hourihane, McGinn and El Ghazi.

But at the same time, you could see that Trez is the better all round player than El Ghazi. Same goes with Luiz or Nakamba compared to Hourihane.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Quietly 2 goals, and 3 assists now for Anwar. Very good return. And he hasn't even hit the heights of the second half of last season yet.

Best performance of the season by a country mile today. 

I would have played Trez myself....... I would have been wrong. 

• Like 3

Okey I've had time to watch the match now, so I can talk a bit more about the performance.

He gets involved and into scoring positions. His crossing is pretty good, but his defensive work is pretty non existant. 

The reason Guilbert struggled today and why McGinn did dominate as usual, was because El Ghazi do absolutely no work what so ever in our own half. In the first half alone I lost count of how many times they came through on our right and El Ghazi just came jogging behind not giving a ****. Total passenger. 

And how he missed his 2 yard header I'll never know. 

28 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Okey I've had time to watch the match now, so I can talk a bit more about the performance.

He gets involved and into scoring positions. His crossing is pretty good, but his defensive work is pretty non existant. 

The reason Guilbert struggled today and why McGinn did dominate as usual, was because El Ghazi do absolutely no work what so ever in our own half. In the first half alone I lost count of how many times they came through on our right and El Ghazi just came jogging behind not giving a ****. Total passenger. 

And how he missed his 2 yard header I'll never know. 

He was out of position for a lot of the attacks because he was pressing their centre half's and they then played it back to their full back and he ran forward. 

17 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That's simply not true. The ball is often passed by him and he doesn't work all the way home. Like I said. What you just said simply isn't right. 

As I said the ball is passed away by the centre half's and now he is out of position for their attack down our right.

Alternatively it could have been a tactic Smith was trying with el ghazi staying further up so we can break quicker. 

He is trying to track back, even if it's from far more advanced. 1st half he lost the ball in the attacking 3rd, the Mrs had a pop at him and he charged back and stole the ball back and we were on the attack again and the Mrs said, oh, don't mind me. 

12 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Ironically I think Trez is the most obvious striker of our wingers 

Really? To me, he looks good running from deep but the moment he sees the goal in his sight he panics, loses all composure and just swipes at the ball. He gets into really good positions but hasn't delivered much end product. 

7 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

As I said the ball is passed away by the centre half's and now he is out of position for their attack down our right.

Alternatively it could have been a tactic Smith was trying with el ghazi staying further up so we can break quicker. 

How can he be out of position when the ball comes from their fullback, past Ghazi and McGinn and Guilbert have to cover to runs, while El Ghazi just comes jogging back when it suits him. The amount of excuses for him on here is insane. Good attacking player. Awful defending player. 

Just now, Wezbid said:

Really? To me, he looks good running from deep but the moment he sees the goal in his sight he panics, loses all composure and just swipes at the ball. He gets into really good positions but hasn't delivered much end product. 

Nah. He is very direct. Much stronger than El Ghazi. Can win a header. Ok pace. He is pretty alright at everything without excelling at a whole lot. I can see him working well as a striker. He just needs confidence. 

12 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Nah. He is very direct. Much stronger than El Ghazi. Can win a header. Ok pace. He is pretty alright at everything without excelling at a whole lot. I can see him working well as a striker. He just needs confidence. 

He's direct up to a point then when it comes to the crunch he's panicked and not had a finish in him. I'm not meaning to get at him because I like what I see in the main and what isn't quite there yet can come with time but it's exactly like you say, he needs the confidence as he obviously has skill and technique. Put ElGhazi's finishing in Trez and that would be a full on top notch winger/wide forward. 

That he has today's performance in him is what frustrates the life out of me. He goes between brilliant and atrocious and I don't think I'm being to harsh in suggesting that so far in his Villa career it's been more average than good, but he has this in him. 

Consistence is the key. 

10 minutes ago, av1 said:

That he has today's performance in him is what frustrates the life out of me. He goes between brilliant and atrocious and I don't think I'm being to harsh in suggesting that so far in his Villa career it's been more average than good, but he has this in him. 

Consistence is the key. 

Consistency is the difference between a world class winger and a good/average winger. That and finishing ability. El ghazi already has the finishing so beigg consistent could have him be a top winger in the prem. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Consistency is the difference between a world class winger and a good/average winger. That and finishing ability. El ghazi already has the finishing so beigg consistent could have him be a top winger in the prem. 

Agreed mate. Hopefully that consistency comes. 

Â