Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Only saw 30 min, but he was excellent going forward in every way. But not following that run is inexusable. Just awful. 

I saw the guy completely free, but thought Anwar had him covered. It was a perfectly executed goal, but Anwar should have been more aware and ready.

He was extremely good going forward and put in a good shift defensively. However it was one lapse of concentration that cost us a goal, which goes to show that's all it takes at this level against a top team, hard to be too critical of that IMO given his all round performance. He's by far the best winger we have at the club.

• Like 4

Really fast with the ball at his feet.

Almost Ronaldo-like, while obviously nothing remotely close to Ronaldo.

Think there is real potential in him, he could become really good.

Some of our other players I feel what we see is what we are going to get, with him I fell there is still another level to unlock.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Really fast with the ball at his feet.

Almost Ronaldo-like, while obviously nothing remotely close to Ronaldo.

Think there is real potential in him, he could become really good.

Some of our other players I feel what we see is what we are going to get, with him I fell there is still another level to unlock.

He's definitely still a player in the making and at 24, that makes sense. It was a decent performance yesterday though, against one of the best teams around and the experience should have done him a world of good. 

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He was extremely good going forward and put in a good shift defensively. However it was one lapse of concentration that cost us a goal, which goes to show that's all it takes at this level against a top team, hard to be too critical of that IMO given his all round performance. He's by far the best winger we have at the club.

I think this is right, but he'll never be the player he could be until he improves at tracking back and his overall defensive awareness. It's such a shame that that one moment blighted what was otherwise a very good performance, but as you say, a team like Liverpool only need one match-up where the opponent has fallen asleep.

On 02/11/2019 at 18:38, VillanousOne said:

his best all round performance in this league so far, just such a shame he didn't track Robinson for the goal, but he isn't a defender and it's hard to expect him to defend that way.

That's just bollocks in my opinion. He's a professional footballer. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Shows that even if you're at it for 94 minutes, fall asleep for 1 second in the 95th against a team like Liverpool and you'll get punished. Feel for him because he was tracking back superbly all game and now that's all blighted by that momentary lapse in concentration.

• Like 3

Â