Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

At 24, he's at a pivotal point in his career. His only real weakness seems to be the mental side of the game, as he can definitely lose focus and confidence but he does work hard for the team and I think he's keen to develop as a player as much as possible. Consistency often comes with experience and this is his first jaunt in the prem - I think with his attitude and the coaching team around him, he'll get better. Worst case scenario is that he's squad rotation/an impact sub in a year or so.  

I agree he works hard. He has lapses in concentration but whenever he loses the ball he always works to try and win it back and  whenever the ball is between him and the goal he presses I just think he loses concentration after the ball is passed around him. 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

I agree he works hard. He has lapses in concentration but whenever he loses the ball he always works to try and win it back and  whenever the ball is between him and the goal he presses I just think he loses concentration after the ball is passed around him. 

He does, it's just that even a momentary lapse is enough to break down a move and lose possession and the chance of getting it back quickly. I think all of this goes to show is that it's really the mental side of the game that separates the best and the rest. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see a 4-3-1-2 with el ghazi up front.

El ghazi biggest weakness is his defensive awareness. Therefore if we have wes drop deeper and defend he can get the ball easier and ghazi can play on the counter. When we have possession I would like him to drift wide so we play a 4-3-3 again. I think this will make the most of el ghazi and wes because wes can receive the ball and el ghazi doesn't have to worry about defense as much. 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

I'd like to see a 4-3-1-2 with el ghazi up front.

El ghazi biggest weakness is his defensive awareness. Therefore if we have wes drop deeper and defend he can get the ball easier and ghazi can play on the counter. When we have possession I would like him to drift wide so we play a 4-3-3 again. I think this will make the most of el ghazi and wes because wes can receive the ball and el ghazi doesn't have to worry about defense as much. 

Good idea. One of Grealish or McGinn would have to be more disciplined and not fly forward quite as much.

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Good idea. One of Grealish or McGinn would have to be more disciplined and not fly forward quite as much.

No on the attack it would be the same formation. Mcginn would cover the right wing though and grealish would cover the left wing. And we would drop into the centre to help press. 

There's quite a list of wingers who were highly rated in the championship, but not quite so much in the premier league, Knockaert, Matt Ritchie, Helder Costa, Cavaleiro and last season you could say Adama as well, but seems to be improving. El Ghazi so far seems to be doing better than all of them, in fact three of them are back playing in the championship.

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

2 goals and 3 assists in 9 games are very good numbers.

I'm honestly very surprised by him so far.

Well two of those assists were against Norwich, so they barely count just like Wesley's goals against them are seemingly meaningless 😉

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Well two of those assists were against Norwich, so they barely count just like Wesley's goals against them are seemingly meaningless 😉

I've never said goals against Norwich doesn't count.

Maybe you should put on your reading glasses.

50 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Is he really 6'2?

Had no idea he were that tall.

I remember having this conversation on here in the summer before we signed him (or just after) and a lot of people seem shocked by his height and I think it’s because he’s very agile and technically good... he doesn’t look tall, if that makes sense! (It doesn’t!).

Well I really like him, and for all his faults I think he’s been good for us and will continue to improve. If he didn’t have his faults he’d have been out of our price range and not up for loan last Jan. 

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Is he really 6'2?

Had no idea he were that tall.

31 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I remember having this conversation on here in the summer before we signed him (or just after) and a lot of people seem shocked by his height and I think it’s because he’s very agile and technically good... he doesn’t look tall, if that makes sense! (It doesn’t!).

Well I really like him, and for all his faults I think he’s been good for us and will continue to improve. If he didn’t have his faults he’d have been out of our price range and not up for loan last Jan. 

I think the difficulty believing he is 6ft 2 for me mostly comes down to how terrible he is in the air, if he could improve his heading game he could be a serious threat.

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I think the difficulty believing he is 6ft 2 for me mostly comes down to how terrible he is in the air, if he could improve his heading game he could be a serious threat.

Always look on the bright side

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Always look on the bright side

just looking at it honestly, he is terrible in the air, if he was even 75% as good in the air as he is on the ball, he would be a deadly player, but granted if he was the finished article we wouldnt have got him for 8m ish.

He has a lot of positives, but also he has some areas where if he made even average improvements it would improve his overall play greatly.

• Like 1

Â