Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

He said in that interview that he hoped god forgave him for breaking his fast. 

Now I'm not a religious man myself but after topping off a fantastic performance with a goal I think Anwar can sleep easy safe in the knowledge that his god forgave him. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Now I'm not a religious man myself but after topping off a fantastic performance with a goal I think Anwar can sleep easy safe in the knowledge that his god forgave him. 

do you have a link to it?, or know where to find it?

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

...i thought there was a law/statement/info around ramadan that you could avoid the fasting in certain scenarios? (work/safety type related ones or something?)

the rules say if there is £200 million plus on the line, then you can avoid fasting 😜

(joking of course)

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

Dunno why he is so worried what McGrath thinks of him breaking his fast but I'm sure he's cool with it

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

good man, tough decision but shows how he cares.

I dont know much about ramadan, but i thought there was a law/statement/info around ramadan that you could avoid the fasting in certain scenarios? (work/safety type related ones or something?)

Im sure someone can in inform me on the exact info?

Reading that one can make up the fasting at a later time and exemptions sometimes granted for athletes. Here is article relating to last WC

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/world-game/104734447/ramadan-and-the-challenge-of-fasting-for-muslim-world-cup-players

• Thanks 1

When the lad arrived I kind of gave Ghazi a no chance in hell he will be here long, in fact many of our players were looking like battered old men under bruce. The one day Smith comes in and these battered old men and ghazi have completely changed.

Ghazi is one player in particular on that pitch who really stuck out, he loved every minute of the final and he showed passion and heart, brilliant display.

• Like 1

Was excellent today, and he has been pretty consistently dangerous once he got a run going in the side. Bags of talent and a great attitude and only getting better. If there's a clause of £5m, is a no brainer. His shoulder blade is worth more than that.

A lot of respect to him for pausing his fast for the benefit of the side too. I know you can make up the time missed in certain circumstances but even so it's a big decision to make and he chose to do it. And the tribute was excellent too.

Good man. Be delighted to see him here next year and kick on again.

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Given the mass joy he has created this is very much god's work. And I'm not even religious. 

• Like 1

I am out of likes but what a great guy.

He has always had flashes of brilliance but they keep coming with more and more frequency now. 

Bargain priced for his talent level and good in an area of the pitch we need to strengthen anyway. Easiest signing we can make really.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

6 hours ago, MaVilla said:

good man, tough decision but shows how he cares.

I dont know much about ramadan, but i thought there was a law/statement/info around ramadan that you could avoid the fasting in certain scenarios? (work/safety type related ones or something?)

Im sure someone can in inform me on the exact info?

Safety yes, but work no.

Anyway, if you’re travelling then you have choice wether to fast or make it up after Ramadan.

So basically if it wasn’t Tesco Bags which we were playing, he could have not fasted that away day. Although some don’t take that choice at all and think they will break there fast just for the sake of work which isn’t really right. I was planning to go to the final but didn’t, I had my choice of fasting or not in my whole trip not only this certain day. 

Anyway, great play from Anwar. I really liked him since his first game. It was definitely a manager and confidence issue.

Â