Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

25 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

Will he still be be fasting during the final? 3pm might be an issue if it's a hot day in London like it was last year. 

I think (well, Google thinks) that Ramadan ends in the evening of Tuesday 4th June.

So yes.

As a fat bloke I wouldn't know - but does the body adjust to fasting over the month in question?
He was only a week in for the second leg, but it wouldn't surprise me if the body got used to it over 3 weeks (to some degree at least), so the adverse effects lessened?

30 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

Will he still be be fasting during the final? 3pm might be an issue if it's a hot day in London like it was last year. 

Ramadan has finished now! I think

Edited by pintpotvilla
left a bit out

Doesn't finish until 4th/5th June. I guess he'll just have to have a nutritious meal before he closes his fast and then get plenty of rest and a lie in so that he doesn't waste any unnecessary energy before kick off.

Deano said they're managing his diet and sleep so I'm not overly worried. He didn't do too badly in the last two games even though the majority of the second leg did take place after he could eat. 

I'd wager that Elmo is in the same situation too but isn't affected as much as his game doesn't rely on speeding past opponents. 

I finding interesting how he talks about how physical the league is and the adjustment it needed.

And also how he wansnt used to the consistent high tempo and work rate and having ice on his legs after each match.

Lol, the it must have been a bit of a baptism of fire for him in England from being used to the Dutch and French league which aren't as physical or consistently such a high tempo.

Seems like a decent bloke.

Edited by MaVilla

If we go up and buy him (we should), El Ghazi might benefit from us playing against better teams. Could see him being more dangerous on the counter or against a high press, which we haven't really seen much of this season.

You look at his early career stats and reputation at Ajax, and we could have stumbled on a real gem here. Ajax fans seemed to have a fair amount of sympathy for him after his falling out with Peter Bosz, and the way that all unfolded suggests that while he might be humble in conversation with a journalist, he's not lacking in ambition. Definitely the kind of personality we'll need next season.

• Like 2

Lots of players came to England before with a but of hype and just didnt fancy it when it got tough. Thought El Ghazi at start might have been like this but he has knucked down and has been very good since after Christmas. He isnt afraid to track back either and he does have a good partnership with Taylor

• Like 3

On 16/05/2019 at 16:15, avfcwills10 said:

I think too much is being made of this. Mane and Shaquiri would have been fasting against Barcelona. 

Gundegan could have been fasting today. The Egyptian Albion centre half may have been fasting last week and he was their best player.

Muslim players have been playing at a high level for years during ramamdan. They manage it.

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Lots of players came to England before with a but of hype and just didnt fancy it when it got tough. Thought El Ghazi at start might have been like this but he has knucked down and has been very good since after Christmas. He isnt afraid to track back either and he does have a good partnership with Taylor

Agree with this. I wasn’t impressed with his early games under Bruce. You can tell he has worked really hard to improve his game and adapt. I love him now.

edit: his partnership with Taylor is just Taylor gives him the ball :)

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Still can't believe how good his English is. Wish I could speak a foreign language that well :( 

Most Dutch people speak better English than native speakers 

• Like 1

Wonder how our option to buy works if they come in... would they have to buy from us if we activate it?

Edit: not that I think it’s anything other than website gossip. 

Edited by Adam2003

Â