Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

My Motm. Wanted the ball and was looking to run at defenders. He stands out.

Also I think he is really enjoys playing for the club and is desperate to get us promoted. When Hourihane scored he didn’t seem to want to stop hugging him. 

We’ve got a strong team spirit and players and fans are all united. It’s great to see.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Thug said:

I had him down as my man of the match.

first half he was pretty much our only hope of a goal.

incredible pace and trickery, he’s a must sign for me now, especially at the supposed what £8m?

£12m gets you hogan or that other fat bloke with the dodgy gate.

I'm a fan of his and on his day he is without any question our best wideman and match winner and I would not be in the least bit surprised if he does just this on Tuesday.

I really hope we sign him permanently as I think he has huge potential - but like most wingers he can also be extremely frustrating in equal measure - but in my view he is streets ahead of both Green and Adomah.

• Like 4

I like him but think there's a lot more he can give. He looks a talented footballer but he doesn't look to me as if he has enough strength or courage. He looks a bit of a bottler at times but if he could add a bit of aggression to his game I think he could be a real talent. 

• Like 1

Since our right flank is so quiet, we need Anwar to make runs on the left to create room for Jack and John. I really hope he is able to keep this level. He's more important than we think.

5 hours ago, villarocker said:

I like him but think there's a lot more he can give. He looks a talented footballer but he doesn't look to me as if he has enough strength or courage. He looks a bit of a bottler at times but if he could add a bit of aggression to his game I think he could be a real talent. 

I agree - he is like so many talented wingers before him.

He has the skills, speed, everything needed to become a top player - but unless he reaches that elite level, and for what it's worth I don't believe he will - we are going to have to put up with a talented but inconsistent footballer.

Just before his run that lead up to the goal my mate was screaming at them to "just give it to bloody El Ghazi". Holgate could not handle him at all. I thought Anwar was close on man of the match yesterday, only just pipped by Tuanzebe's majestic display. Which is frankly remarkable under the circumstances. 

If you get a chance watch Hourihane's goal again. El Ghazi does a little fist pump then put his hands on his knees as if to stop himself from collapsing to them and his body language screams 'kill me now'.

To say he doesn't have enough courage is farcical. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Just before his run that lead up to the goal my mate was screaming at them to "just give it to bloody El Ghazi". Holgate could not handle him at all. I thought Anwar was close on man of the match yesterday, only just pipped by Tuanzebe's majestic display. Which is frankly remarkable under the circumstances. 

If you get a chance watch Hourihane's goal again. El Ghazi does a little fist pump then put his hands on his knees as if to stop himself from collapsing to them and his body language screams 'kill me now'.

To say he doesn't have enough courage is farcical. 

Was thinking to myself "I hope people realise how good it is having a CB who can break forward and start an attack".

Have to admit that while I have nothing against the lad, I'm completely baffled by some calling him the MoTM.  I thought he had an unmemorable performance, mostly because he was double-marked out of the whole game.  Watched the extended highlights again to see if I missed anything and couldn't see anything of note there either...  Meanwhile, Neil Taylor got slated again for a poor performance and I thought he was excellent today.  Its amazing that we all can watch the same game and come to different conclusions.  Anyway, UTV!!!  

• Like 1

My man of the match yesterday. Increasingly important in keeping width to our game and forcing full backs back. I think he'll just keep getting better and better. Got a trick. Got some pace. Crossing getting better. Supports Taylor defensively now too. Just needs to keep up these performances and he will become a great player for someone. Just hope its with us. If we can see secure promotion.......

• Like 1

I do wonder if we make it to the final if he would break the fast for one day and make up for it afterwards. Travelling down to Wembley could be classed as a journey no? 

I'm no religious expert so I apologise if that thought is offensive. 

• Like 1

re Fasting Elmo is in the same boat.  Will get harder as the days get longer although some of the chaps at work say your body gets used to it after a while but then they are not elite athletes!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

I do wonder if we make it to the final if he would break the fast for one day and make up for it afterwards. Travelling down to Wembley could be classed as a journey no? 

I'm no religious expert so I apologise if that thought is offensive. 

You are spot on. He would be classed as a traveller so he can choose not to fast. However, in reality I imagine he would still fast. A lot of elite athletes do it. I remember Hasim Amla getting a ridic score whilst fasting and batting for a very long time. Ajax players played really well whilst fasting too. That's the first time I have seen a Muslim player fasting really struggle tbh.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skruff said:

Thought athletes had exception from fasting? 

Not sure, though i know that anyone with brain should exempt themselves from religion. 

10 hours ago, DCJonah said:

What? He beat his man nearly every time he ran at him and consistently put in excellent crosses. You have ridiculous standards if that performance is a disappointment. 

I'm not so sure about the excellent crosses tbh - but it's all down to opinions. Relax I am a fan and would not be in the least bit surprised if he scores the winning goal tomorrow night.👍🏻

Â