Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

I'm not comparing this kid to McGinn who has been absolutely brilliant, but £5m for this lad would come close to McGinn levels of daylight robbery. 

13 minutes ago, av1 said:

Just to add that Neil Taylor is awful going forward so he was double marked. Put an attack minded LB behind him and he will lethal cutting inside. 

ye really good point, we do need a good LB.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Hause?

yeah possible, but is he a natural LB?, unsure?

Maybe have Hause for cover at CB & LB but invest in a really good LB?, dunno.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Just watched that interview. What an absolutely great bloke. I don't think I can remember a time when so many of our players have been so openly enthusiastic about the club. We've had excellent players in the past who have been happy to use us a career springboard to further their careers elsewhere. It doesn't feel like that anymore, there seems to be a new team spirit to do great things with Villa. It has to be down to Smith. We have a real chance to build a dynasty here. I can still reel off a stable Villa XI from the Saunders era. Likewise Taylor and Little. But since then it's been like a revolving door. Maybe that's about to change. 

Yeah it was really nice to hear tbh I feel like the club is back on track finally.

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We have great training facilities and a big stadium. It will be a massive step up for most players from where they were before. Never underestimate the size of our club.

to be fair he was bred at Ajax, there arent many stadiums (55k) and training complexes that compare to what they have, but yeah you are right generally :)

24 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

to be fair he was bred at Ajax, there arent many stadiums (55k) and training complexes that compare to what they have, but yeah you are right generally :)

Ajax problem is they are playing in a pub league, they share the same problem Celtic has got. Most players would not pick Eredevise over Premier League.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Ajax problem is they are playing in a pub league, they share the same problem Celtic has got. Most players would not pick Eredevise over Premier League.

True but we were in the championship when he joined not the prem.

Would like this done quickly. Teams with good recruitment will be all over him for £5m. Southampton, Watford, and probably even Ajax would be sniffing around if their squad is about to be torn apart.

He's not going anywhere. Will be sealed FT in the next couple of weeks.

After his performances this season and his potential he will 100% be stepping out for us next year. 

I have so impressed with not only his attitude but with the way he has embraced the club and fans. The kid has been absolute quality.  

This guy has all the ability in the world and these last 3 months I have seen the commitment and hunger that was missing previously. He is a nightmare for full backs as he can run either side of them and with pace and control. I would be shocked if we didn't sign him.

I do wonder that although the pre  agreed fee is 5m ish, isn't that shifty dude his agent?, I bet they will be asking for a huge "fee" as the actual transfer is low?

Â