Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, JB said:

There was one piece of skill on the touch line that took him past a man that looked unreal. Didn’t see a replay, though. 

Touched it round the defender and went the other way, the commentators had a minor crisis over it it was great...

Unfortunately the cross hit the first man :D 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Touched it round the defender and went the other way, the commentators had a minor crisis over it it was great...

Unfortunately the cross hit the first man :D 

He was trying to play it in front of grealish just grealish decided as he hit it to ghost back into space. 

8 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Played well today, glad we are seeing a return on him.

He will be one of the first choices to be sold when new wide forwards are brought in over the next few windows but his resale value should be alright which is what I am happy about

Why will he have to be sold? We can still buy a couple of wide forwards and still need him in the squad....our squad is pretty thin at the moment and if he can provide performances like that hopefully he sticks around so we have quality in depth.  

If he wants to leave then a different story.  

We only get better if we add first team players and our current first team players stick around and become back up players.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Trez not getting back in team on this form.

No but still a fantastic option we finally have options , defending a lead with 10 mins to go who better than Trez to bring on?  The Crazy thing is Barkley is not getting back into the team atm, glad all the squad players are hitting form at the most congested time for fixtures 

Where the **** has this form come from? He was nowhere near this level even in the Championship. The emergence of AEG and Traore has come at a perfect time as the wide forwards was by far our weakest area in the team. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Where the **** has this form come from? He was nowhere near this level even in the Championship. The emergence of AEG and Traore has come at a perfect time as the wide forwards was by far our weakest area in the team. 

He’s always been a confidence player, but I also think being dropped as made him work **** hard to improve. That’s the sort of player we need.

Absolutely brilliant today and I think the reason he stayed on the pitch over Traore is because of his extra speed and height. Many Twitterati questioning Smith's decision but was a stroke of genius. What a goal. He seems to have a stronger mentality and more determined than ever which is what many people including myself were questioning last season. 

Edited by birdman

8 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Such a composed finished. It was in slow motion until the ball left his foot like a thunder bolt.

How he was completely unmarked in such a dangerous area when they had man advantage was nuts. It was nice he got luxury to take composed finish

55 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

No but still a fantastic option we finally have options , defending a lead with 10 mins to go who better than Trez to bring on?  The Crazy thing is Barkley is not getting back into the team atm, glad all the squad players are hitting form at the most congested time for fixtures 

i think Barkley will be straight in when fit, unfortunately its very hard to leave out senior players like him especially on his wages. Will be interesting if so to see who gets the nod out of AEG, Trez and Traore on the other side.

Â