Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

It's funny in a way because as good as Jack is on the wing and as many chances as he creates, i can only see Anwar winning the goal count competition by the end of the season.

As I said recently, we're very lucky in the winter department at the moment and that comes from competition.  A lot of people were dreading trez being out the team, now people are dreading Anwar/Traore being out the team.

Give credit where it's due he seems to be slowly bouncing back.

Good for him and good for the club.

Still though hes got some convincing to do and would like to see him continue on  for the rest of the season.

Edited by Dave-R

12 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

It's funny in a way because as good as Jack is on the wing and as many chances as he creates, i can only see Anwar winning the goal count competition by the end of the season.

As I said recently, we're very lucky in the winter department at the moment and that comes from competition.  A lot of people were dreading trez being out the team, now people are dreading Anwar/Traore being out the team.

It's funny because at the start of the season we were all saying we were so weak in the winger department. All we've done is add Traore, but now both Anwar and Trez look exceptional.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

So a season and half round about is a quick bounce back,I think not lol.

I mean it’s come all of a sudden. Anyway semantics. I don’t think he was as bad as people made out on here anyway. His stats were only second to Jack last season. He was just inconsistent. That may still be a trait he has and I guess we will see.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

I mean it’s come all of a sudden. Anyway semantics. I don’t think he was as bad as people made out on here anyway. His stats were only second to Jack last season. He was just inconsistent. That may still be a trait he has and I guess we will see.

Whether this is abit of a little run or that he stays like it all season, what's important I guess is that at the moment hes showing up when we need players to. As you know we lost Barkley for abit so plans went to shit and things had to change around, so for the most of it its indeed excellent that the lad is picking up the slack.

So long as he does I'll stay off his back, all I wanted for him to do is pick himself up as I'm sure the others who criticize him as much as me did.

The problem we have got going on at the moment is theres now no one to criticise, what the hell is all that about. Well there is Mings I guess for being a Plonker against Palace, he will take it all till he sorts himself out and rightly so.

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

So a season and half round about is a quick bounce back,I think not lol.

Eh? He was doing fairly well first half of last season considering where we were in our evolution. 4G, 3A in our first 14 games.

He lost confidence second half of the season and finished it poorly. Then as soon as he got back in the side this season Grealish gave him a pen and he's been full of confidence and creating chances since.

He's basically had half a poor season in his entire time here imho.

48 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Eh? He was doing fairly well first half of last season considering where we were in our evolution. 4G, 3A in our first 14 games.

He lost confidence second half of the season and finished it poorly. Then as soon as he got back in the side this season Grealish gave him a pen and he's been full of confidence and creating chances since.

He's basically had half a poor season in his entire time here imho.

True but that half a season was massive for us and not a time you want players to go missing.

Anyway, water under the bridge and things are very different this season, stunning goal today and a great performance, mature and aware in his work off the ball which is something he’s struggled with in the past.

He's added skill I don't remember:

• His fake to the inside and drift outside to bamboozle the Palace defense early on (defender ended up on his bum).
  • His spin and shot along the edge of the box not long after
  • His length of the pitch run and stunning first time shot for his goal

His confidence is back. Long may it continue.

I’ve not looked at the stats but he does seem to give the ball away a lot. If he can improve upon that and keep doing all of the other good stuff then he will take some shifting from the team. His goal was lovely and he is such a top lad. I really want him to do well.

5 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Delighted for Anwar.

If any of you lads watch football, you'll have noticed that most wingers are consistently inconsistent.

That's just how it is.

Our man is in a good spell of form right now and long may it continue, but it probably won't!

Nah mate none of us watch football. Personally I come on here solely for the condescending debates.

• Like 2

Â