Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

'Pain is a weakness'

'Ballet dancing is for mentally weak people'

'us old uns come from a different generation'

What the **** is happening to VT lately?

Won't somebody think about the kidz? 

4 hours ago, Graham t said:

Very funny, and yes I do 'get it', but I am right and you are wrong. Sorry but us 'old Un's 'do come from a different generation . We were brought up that to show pain was a weakness and it has stuck with us.....To see people faking injury is just sickening. Sorry it's just the tough upbringing we had, perhaps if our team had a bit more fight we would not be in the position we are.

ATB

VLD.

Well thanks for thinking of me as a youngster Graham, but I’m going to be 57 when we kick off on Sunday at Wembley. I agree that perhaps when we were kids we were expected to be tougher. The generations before us, our parents and grand parents went through a war, rarely spoke about it, just got on with it and not a therapist insight. To be honest I hope my daughter doesn’t ever have to worry about that sort of thing  

I don’t think that we are, as a team, tough enough. However we don’t really know if he was injured or not and these days the medical staff are very aware of concussion issues. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I know people who get pissed everyday and then fast a few days during Ramadan.

Man please stop it.

I hate when people talk assuredly about things they aren't certain about.

I've been to Church a few times myself.

Yes we appreciate the fact that he broke his fast to play at his best in the playoff final, but if I'm being honest I wouldn't expect anything less. It's his JOB, which he is handsomely paid for. Surely taking care of.your family via your profession is Holy?

Truth be told religion shouldn't have been brought into this as any sort of leverage in reference to yesterday's incident either. I hate when people do that.

Religion is a touchy subject for obvious reasons, bringing it into play here is unfair as it skews the argument and is something most people will be apprehensive/scared to touch on for obvious reasons.

The discussion is simply about whether he bottled it yesterday or not, and in my opinion, he did. However as I've said we could all be totally wrong.

lol so we can't know whether or not he's religious but we do know he "bottled it", something's not right there.

If you heard his interview about the issue you'd have seen he was quite serious about it. All I said was that he's sacrificed for this club, which he has, don't know what's so objectionable about that. 

48 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Pretty easy to play with a cut. Pretty difficult to play with double vision. Why can't people understand that and give our players the benefit of the doubt?

This. I think it's only fair to give him the benefit of the doubt, in any case. 

14 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Look, I got no issue with you. I was just joking with the boomer stuff. I'm not trying to diminish or dismiss what the older generation are saying.

Okay, no problem. Personally I would not make a remark that was disrespectful to a great man who only recently died after a long battle with Dementia. 

Regards,

VLD.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

lol so we can't know whether or not he's religious but we do know he "bottled it", something's not right there.

If you heard his interview about the issue you'd have seen he was quite serious about it. All I said was that he's sacrificed for this club, which he has, don't know what's so objectionable about that. 

Well I did make sure I inserted " In my opinion" mate.

There is nothing objectionable about what you said, the context/situation in which you used it, might be?

Â