Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

31 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well I did make sure I inserted " In my opinion" mate.

There is nothing objectionable about what you said, the context/situation in which you used it, might be?

Well yes, but it's also your opinion that we can't know if he's religious, that's the inconsistency I was talking about. The context I used it in was to show he wasn't afraid to lay it on the line for the club.

If it were as easy as not doing it, he wouldn't have had the club set up a special diet and training regime for him for the semifinals. When he saw that it wasn't working he made a difficult decision in favour of Aston Villa, despite only being at the club on loan. It shows commitment to the cause and he had a stormer in the final and fired us to promotion.

If you go back to page 53/54 in this thread we were all lauding him for it, when things were rosy. It's crazy how quick fans can turn when the going starts getting tough as Dean Smith is also finding out. We don't even know what happened really, we're just watching on a TV screen but for some reason automatically jump to the worst possible conclusion, I really don't get it.

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Well yes, but it's also your opinion that we can't know if he's religious, that's the inconsistency I was talking about. The context I used it in was to show he wasn't afraid to lay it on the line for the club.

If it were as easy as not doing it, he wouldn't have had the club set up a special diet and training regime for him for the semifinals. When he saw that it wasn't working he made a difficult decision in favour of Aston Villa, despite only being at the club on loan. It shows commitment to the cause and he had a stormer in the final and fired us to promotion.

If you go back to page 53/54 in this thread we were all lauding him for it, when things were rosy. It's crazy how quick fans can turn when the going starts getting tough as Dean Smith is also finding out. We don't even know what happened really, we're just watching on a TV screen but for some reason automatically jump to the worst possible conclusion, I really don't get it.

You've changed measurable/scaleables into absolutes.

Where did i say "We can't know if he is religious"?

Pretty sure it went from " He is very religious", and a poster responded to which you said "He is religious enough to fast" or something along those lines?

Do you know how many Muslim players there are across football? As a matter of fact in our own team, aside from Anwar?

I think your over zealous defense is turning this into a totally new debate.

You seem confused about us praising players when they deserve it, and equally calling them out on their bullshit when they do? (not sure why0.

This was the point I was making a couple of pages ago, we have now gone from debating about if he bottled it yesterday or not, to semantics about scales and levels of religiousness.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You've changed measurable/scaleables into absolutes.

Where did i say "We can't know if he is religious"?

Pretty sure it went from " He is very religious", and a poster responded to which you said "He is religious enough to fast" or something along those lines?

Do you know how many Muslim players there are across football? As a matter of fact in our own team, aside from Anwar?

I think your over zealous defense is turning this into a totally new debate.

You seem confused about us praising players when they deserve it, and equally calling them out on their bullshit when they do? (not sure why0.

This was the point I was making a couple of pages ago, we have now gone from debating about if he bottled it yesterday or not, to semantics about scales and levels of religiousness.

It doesn't matter if we're talking about absolutes or measurables, if you can't tell the extent of his religiosity since we don't know the guy, how can you know if he's bullshitting as you put it. You literally don't, it's nothing more than speculation. How hard is it to wait for what Dean Smith has to say on the matter?  

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It doesn't matter if we're talking about absolutes or measurables, if you can't tell the extent of his religiosity since we don't know the guy, how can you know if he's bullshitting as you put it. You literally don't, it's nothing more than speculation. How hard is it to wait for what Dean Smith has to say on the matter?  

Huh?

So we are now using his religion to determine whether he bottled it or not yesterday? Or have we gone a layer deeper again? How did we even get here?

Either way i'm out.

32 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Huh?

So we are now using his religion to determine whether he bottled it or not yesterday? Or have we gone a layer deeper again? How did we even get here?

Either way i'm out.

Oh my God, you're the only one here arguing this religious semantics, I'm just trying to follow you. When I made an offhand comment with an example about his commitment to Villa, I wasn't expecting to argue semantics about it for 2 pages.

The actual point I'm making is that we have no clue what happened either way and we shouldn't jump to conclusions as well as a more general point about how fans are quick to turn on players.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, poitier said:

I was surprised to find that religiosity is actually a word, it feels like it shouldn't be. 

Makes both of us to be fair.

I was almost quick to be petty and wrongly point out a typo.... then did my googles.

🕵️‍♂️

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think it was an eye injury which is why he was told he couldn’t continue.  No way would he have been subbed that quickly otherwise.

Or Smith was well and truly fed up with him, and took him straight off to send a message to him?Fully expect he wont play the final, which is probably weakening us in honesty. 

My Mum is half Dutch, and cant stand him. Typical Dutch she says, no fight when things dont go his way. “He seems a right miserable so and so”

11 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think it was an eye injury which is why he was told he couldn’t continue.  No way would he have been subbed that quickly otherwise.

Subbed quickly? He was being treated for an age before a sub was agreed. 

18 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Or Smith was well and truly fed up with him, and took him straight off to send a message to him?Fully expect he wont play the final, which is probably weakening us in honesty. 

Yes it would. At his worst he's better than Trezueget at his best unfortunately due to another great job by our recruitment team. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Didn’t seem that long. If they felt he could continue they would have given him longer surely?

It was ages with the crowd growing impatient and our players urging the physios to move him off the pitch before the ref eventually made them and his treatment continued way after the corner was taken before Trez got ready. 

If anything I think they were trying keep him on. No way was it a quick decision to get him off. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It was ages with the crowd growing impatient and our players urging the physios to move him off the pitch before the ref eventually made them and his treatment continued way after the corner was taken before Trez got ready. 

If anything I think they were trying keep him on. No way was it a quick decision to get him off. 

Fair enough. I was watching on a dodgy buffering screen so was hard to tell.

31 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Didn’t seem that long. If they felt he could continue they would have given him longer surely?

He was off the side of the pitch, then he rolled himself back on to stop the game. Shortly after that Grealish came over and told him to get off the pitch so we can carry on 

38 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

He was off the side of the pitch, then he rolled himself back on to stop the game. Shortly after that Grealish came over and told him to get off the pitch so we can carry on 

Why would you choose to carry on with a man less? Not Jacks best decision as a captain really is it? 

• Like 1

It was a sneaky arm coming from his blind side so he didnt see it coming and couldnt brace himself for the impact. I actually thought it was deliberate and worthy of a yellow card but obviously the wonderful VAR disagreed.

I imagine the doctor/ physio had a lot to say on whether he could continue or not. You could see them testing his vision etc. Potential head injury and concussion risk is taken very seriously nowadays and if he was shown any of the symptoms then the staff have to err on the side of caution. Dont want him going all Aaron Hernandez on us.

Of course the docs have to go on what the player tells them so there is still the possibility he was being a big fairy. only he knows really ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

Â