Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Some ridiculous posts in Here. Support the lad. He had an injury. Nobody is feigning an injury and going off after 25 mins

Okay, let's be real here...

I'm no hero but I played on after dislocating my shoulder ( 'trainer 'knocked' it back in for me ). Our full back played for weeks with a broken bone in his foot, different times I know, but Christ, we have not become such Jessie's have we?

Regards,

VLD.

12 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Okay, let's be real here...

I'm no hero but I played on after dislocating my shoulder ( 'trainer 'knocked' it back in for me ). Our full back played for weeks with a broken bone in his foot, different times I know, but Christ, we have not become such Jessie's have we?

Regards,

VLD.

**** yeah. Put the magic sponge on it and run it off. 

Don't know why we even employ a physio. Waste of time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

**** yeah. Put the magic sponge on it and run it off. 

Don't know why we even employ a physio. Waste of time. 

As I said, different times....this joker wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes under Ron Saunders or Ron Atkinson. Sorry you weren't around to witness a real manager with 'proper ' players who actually did give a toss......

Regards, 

VLD.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Graham t said:

As I said, different times....this joker wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes under Ron Saunders or Ron Atkinson. Sorry you weren't around to witness a real manager with 'proper ' players who actually did give a toss......

Regards, 

VLD.

Hahaha

Back in my day....

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Weird comments. The guy went off. None of you have any clue about his injury yet all jumping to the worst conclusion. 

Strange.

I've seen Targett come off with similar injuries at least 2 or 3 times and I've never seen this venom towards him. Guy can't catch a break. How bad does the injury have to be before we're sure it's real? An ACL? Ffs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Well I actually used to get paid to play, ' back in my day' .Who used to pay you young man, ( assuming you are a man, sorry if I got that wrong).

ATB,

VLD.

Oh, sorry you should have said. 

Now I know you're an expert at judging the seriousness of an injury from a computer screen. 

44 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If his name began with a W and rhymed with besley you'd be visiting him in hospital to feed him grapes and stroke his hair. 

I actually like him, doesn't stop me from calling him on his bullsh*t. It actually makes it more disappointing.

Granted, i could be wrong, and I actually defended Targett when people placed similar accusations his way.

However I suggest you watch those replays, I fail to see what kind of damage could have been done from a falling hand to his face.

Again, could be wrong, but still, if he is that soft, he is definitely not what we need right now.

FYI, people break fast during Ramadan for a multitude of reasons, all the time, being a highly paid athlete usually gets a pass. (Either way let's not go there as it is inconsequential).

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I actually like him, doesn't stop me from calling him on his bullsh*t. It actually makes it more disappointing.

Granted, i could be wrong, and I actually defended Targett when people placed similar accusations his way.

However I suggest you watch those replays, I fail to see what kind of damage could have been done from a falling hand to his face.

Again, could be wrong, but still, if he is that soft, he is definitely what we need right now.

FYI, people break fast during Ramadan for a multitude of reasons, all the time, being a highly paid athlete usually gets a pass. (Either way let's not go there as it is inconsequential).

Smith might come out and say he faked an injury and is disappointed with him. The fact is you don't know yet your first instinct is to mock him and call it bullshit. 

**** ridiculous. 

And he didn't have to break his fast. He chose to because he wasn't happy with how he performed. For me that gets some credit. And it doesn't sound like a guy who pretends to be hurt to get off the pitch after 20 minutes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Tbh he was hot and cold in the championship, 

This. Was average in the championship, was always going to be poor in PL

Strange thing really, I didn’t like Grealish being visibly frustrated with him and urging him off the pitch, according to the commentator Mings had also done the same.

Suggests to me the team don’t support him, part of me thinks he knew that and didn’t want to play any more as ridiculous as it sounds.

The incident itself looked innocuous, bit of a bump to the head but maybe he had a bit of concussion, who knows.

It is very strange, he got injured as part of a good bit of play from himself, he had put in a good couple of crosses just before that, so it isn't like he was getting no joy or being booted about. He hasn't been afraid to take a whack in the head on a few occasions when he has been trying to get on the end of a cross, so I don't agree that he is just a bottler.

The thing with rolling onto the pitch and Mings/Grealish being unhappy was also odd. Perhaps after the start we had made, he thought breaking up the play might disrupt Southampton's momentum, I don't know, but the apparent lack of team unity was concerning.

• Like 3

I’m not on board with the idea of players making injuries worse because of some old school machismo that has probably been exaggerated over the years to an increasingly bored wife (not looking at anyone in particular here).

But AEG is undoubtedly a massive pussy, and football is a contact sport that requires a certain amount of bravery competing for headers, 50/50s, riding tackles, etc. All the best technical players in the world also have this bravery - Messi, Ronaldo... Grealish.

We can’t carry an obvious coward in our squad when we are mired in a relegation battle in a league where refs still let a lot of bad challenges go unpunished. And yes maybe he got hurt today (although it looked very innocuous) but we’ve seen enough half hearted jumps and lazy tracking runs to know that AEG is not a fighter.

This is the kind of behaviour that (at any level of football) gives a confidence boost to the opposition. We look defensively weak down that whole right wing / right channel, and while Konsa and Guilbert take some responsibility too, it starts with El Ghazi.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Eh, depends on how religious he is. I don't think you can really say this without knowing the guy personally. 

He's religious enough to fast in the first place. He also didn't make the decision lightly, he said he discussed it with his family and got the blessings of an imam if I'm remembering correctly.

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

When I were a lad my mate used to break my leg in the dressing room before the game. Then at halftime I’d rip his arm off at the shoulder  and batter our right back to within an inch of his life. Then we’d all drink a pint of each other’s blood before going out for the second half, which in those days lasted for two hours or until more than half the team had died. And if you died you were automatically dropped for next week. 

You try telling that to lads these days and they just won’t believe you. Snowflakes. 

Funniest post i hsve ever read on this site. Absolutely class Dave 👏👏👏👏

• Thanks 1

Â