Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

5 hours ago, Graham t said:

Okay, let's be real here...

I'm no hero but I played on after dislocating my shoulder ( 'trainer 'knocked' it back in for me ). Our full back played for weeks with a broken bone in his foot, different times I know, but Christ, we have not become such Jessie's have we?

Regards,

VLD.

Any trainer who did that to a premier league player these days would most likely get the sack instantly.

Seems we have all been too harsh, just because there was no blood, it doesn't mean it wasn't serious.

The brutal force of the impact has dislocated more then one eyelash, very serious and the fact Anwar was able to walk back to the dugout unaided is testament to how much of a warrior he is, sadly, he may miss the remainder of the season.

Best wishes Anwar, stay strong.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He's religious enough to fast in the first place. He also didn't make the decision lightly, he said he discussed it with his family and got the blessings of an imam if I'm remembering correctly.

I know people who get pissed everyday and then fast a few days during Ramadan.

Man please stop it.

I hate when people talk assuredly about things they aren't certain about.

I've been to Church a few times myself.

Yes we appreciate the fact that he broke his fast to play at his best in the playoff final, but if I'm being honest I wouldn't expect anything less. It's his JOB, which he is handsomely paid for. Surely taking care of.your family via your profession is Holy?

Truth be told religion shouldn't have been brought into this as any sort of leverage in reference to yesterday's incident either. I hate when people do that.

Religion is a touchy subject for obvious reasons, bringing it into play here is unfair as it skews the argument and is something most people will be apprehensive/scared to touch on for obvious reasons.

The discussion is simply about whether he bottled it yesterday or not, and in my opinion, he did. However as I've said we could all be totally wrong.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Really disappointed with him, played well against Spurs too. The cause and effect seemed out of balance, looked innocuous, and the whole treatment drama suggests the team shared that view or know something more.

We need some steel and grit, but he doesn’t seem to have any. He plays well then poorly for about 3 games, we just can’t afford passengers. It’s just a shame because he has talent but rarely puts it all together. A flawed character for me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I know people who get pissed everyday and then fast a few days during Ramadan.

Man please stop it.

I hate when people talk assuredly about things they aren't certain about.

I've been to Church a few times myself.

Yes we appreciate the fact that he broke his fast to play at his best in the playoff final, but if I'm being honest I wouldn't expect anything less. It's his JOB, which he is handsomely paid for. Surely taking care of.your family via your profession is Holy?

Truth be told religion shouldn't have been brought into this as any sort of leverage in reference to yesterday's incident either. I hate when people do that.

Religion is a touchy subject for obvious reasons, bringing it into play here is unfair as it skews the argument and is something most people will be apprehensive/scared to touch on for obvious reasons.

The discussion is simply about whether he bottled it yesterday or not, and in my opinion, he did. However as I've said we could all be totally wrong.

That Sir, is a brilliant post! 👏

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Really disappointed with him, played well against Spurs too. The cause and effect seemed out of balance, looked innocuous, and the whole treatment drama suggests the team shared that view or know something more.

We need some steel and grit, but he doesn’t seem to have any. He plays well then poorly for about 3 games, we just can’t afford passengers. It’s just a shame because he has talent but rarely puts it all together. A flawed character for me.

Yep, you clearly see Mings telling him to get up and seemed to even gesture to the physio not to come on. 

Grealish then - in an agitated manner - told him to get off the pitch so they could keep up the momentum and take the corner. That itself says it all - they were happy to play on with 10 men! 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Pathetic comments like those in this thread are what causes players heads to drop.

Do you think if Ming's and Jack thought the "injury" was significant enough to warrant the reaction, they would have acted how they did towards him?

I'd hazard a guess that they know him better than we do, and they weren't impressed!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

When I were a lad my mate used to break my leg in the dressing room before the game. Then at halftime I’d rip his arm off at the shoulder  and batter our right back to within an inch of his life. Then we’d all drink a pint of each other’s blood before going out for the second half, which in those days lasted for two hours or until more than half the team had died. And if you died you were automatically dropped for next week. 

You try telling that to lads these days and they just won’t believe you. Snowflakes. 

Very funny, and yes I do 'get it', but I am right and you are wrong. Sorry but us 'old Un's 'do come from a different generation . We were brought up that to show pain was a weakness and it has stuck with us.....To see people faking injury is just sickening. Sorry it's just the tough upbringing we had, perhaps if our team had a bit more fight we would not be in the position we are.

ATB

VLD.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Do you think if Ming's and Jack thought the "injury" was significant enough to warrant the reaction, they would have acted how they did towards him?

I'd hazard a guess that they know him better than we do, and they weren't impressed!

My impression was they were more worried about getting on with the game in that moment, they were pointing towards the corner flag where Targett was waiting to send the ball in.

Whilst I agree it's not good to see the players at odds with each other there's a big difference between that and completely destroying a player and calling him out when we have no idea of the severity of the 'injury'.

• Like 2

Â