Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

He’s given us some great moments, but I personally would be looking to moving him on this summer, especially as his stock may potentially never be higher, so we may get a good price for him. We’ve also no chance of selling Trezeguet with the injury, and Traore only joined last year, so El Ghazi is the obvious one to move on. 

He should be remembered as someone who gave us great moments though, even though he’s had some very frustrating periods. 

21 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

He’s given us some great moments, but I personally would be looking to moving him on this summer, especially as his stock may potentially never be higher, so we may get a good price for him. We’ve also no chance of selling Trezeguet with the injury, and Traore only joined last year, so El Ghazi is the obvious one to move on. 

He should be remembered as someone who gave us great moments though, even though he’s had some very frustrating periods. 

I think the trez injury is exactly why we'll have to keep him.  Unless we do get a very good offer that let's us bring in someone a few years younger with more potential for the same money we sell him for. 

We needed a big signing on the wing, forcing us to make two by selling one of the two we have fit is a risky strategy. 

He's still a bit of an enigma to me, but his best form came on the left wing when Jack was in the middle. If we have to play that lineup next season at any point,  I won't be against it. It goes to s%$t when anyone other than Grealish is in the middle though.

• Like 1

With Trez potentially being out for a long while, I’d have no problem starting next season with Grealish first choice on the left and El G as back up.  Exciting new player on the right and Traore as back up.

However, we may cash in on him this summer and freshen up the wide areas with a couple.

He’ll always be remembered for some great and important goals in getting us back to where we are now.

8 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I think the trez injury is exactly why we'll have to keep him.  Unless we do get a very good offer that let's us bring in someone a few years younger with more potential for the same money we sell him for. 

We needed a big signing on the wing, forcing us to make two by selling one of the two we have fit is a risky strategy. 

He's still a bit of an enigma to me, but his best form came on the left wing when Jack was in the middle. If we have to play that lineup next season at any point,  I won't be against it. It goes to s%$t when anyone other than Grealish is in the middle though.

Interesting point. I see it as though we’d only want to have four wingers at the club (excluding youngsters), including injured players, as that seems to be Smith’s philosophy. He doesn’t want to stockpile players, so if he wants to bring in a new winger this summer (which he must), then one of them would have to be moved on. 

On 30/04/2021 at 04:42, MrBlack said:

agreed with this. I wouldn't mind if we moved him on, but with Grealish's injury problems and Trez doing his acl, I'm not sure I want to only rely on 3 wingers & Trez recovering from the injury. If Ghazi is fine with the same role he has had this year, I would not move him on. 

On 30/04/2021 at 04:52, Rich192 said:

Interesting point. I see it as though we’d only want to have four wingers at the club (excluding youngsters), including injured players, as that seems to be Smith’s philosophy. He doesn’t want to stockpile players, so if he wants to bring in a new winger this summer (which he must), then one of them would have to be moved on. 

I guess the thing would be is Smith okay with going through the season until Jan (at the earliest i would think) with only 3 senior wingers (i'm including Jack here but he also has been out for a few months) and the risk of injury there. 

Just now, tom_avfc said:

I genuinely don’t understand why El Ghazi gets so much stick on here. His output in the premier league for a player that cost as little as he did is very good.

Ultimately I’d like us to sign better wingers to take us to where we want to get to but there’d be room for a goal scoring winger like El Ghazi on the bench without a doubt.

Absolutely.  El Ghazi seems a top guy too - he won't cause any problems in the dressing room.  Perfect sort of squad player really.

• Like 3

Â