Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Just to give some sort of Comparison on the productive element of these players, accepting that wingers are mainly about assists, more than goals, but this is just about goals

its just for a discussion.

ElGhazi...Career- 1 Goal :4.8 Games....Villa 1Goal : 5.1 games

Traore ....Career 1Goal : 3.3 Games....Villa 1Goal : 4.2 Games

Trez........Career 1Goal : 5 Games........Villa 1Goal : 8.6 Games

Lookman Career 1Goal : 5.8 Games....Fulham 1Goal : 5.5 Games

Raphinha Career 1Goal : 4 Games.......Leeds 1 Goal : 4.1 Games.

I guess its a bit harder to score in the Prem....and Traore, Lookman & Raphinha are in the 15-20 mill bracket as opposed to Elghazi and Trez being sub 10 mill.

Thoughts?

El Ghazi - reasons for not liking bingo:

He fakes injuries
He is too lightweight for his height/build
He's not homegrown
He didn't cost 20 million so can't be that good
He has an attitude problem
Just shoots on goal as soon as he has the chance
He's a confidence player
I don't like the look of him
We bought him when we were in the Championship so therefore he's only good at that level (also works for Guilbert and Hause but not John McGinn or Mings)
He's a squad player at best, but when our squad gets better he should be sold
Good enough for where we are but not where we are going (I presume this is some kind of song lyric, it's very popular also applies for Guilbert etc)
The whole team played like dog sh*t but i will rant about El Ghazi only
The goals and assists mask the fact he is crap

He's becoming Connor Hourihane mk2.

Edited by VillanousOne

17 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

No one said he did. Arrogance is having the level of self belief to attempt outrageous skill, in his case it doesn't always come off but he definitely has the ability.

Not a negative, no matter how many times you claim otherwise.

Arrogance is not the same as self-belief 

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Just to give some sort of Comparison on the productive element of these players, accepting that wingers are mainly about assists, more than goals, but this is just about goals

I guess its a bit harder to score in the Prem....and Traore, Lookman & Raphinha are in the 15-20 mill bracket as opposed to Elghazi and Trez being sub 10 mill.

Thoughts?

Earlier, I saw a post from you with player ratings from the latest FIFA game and now you're pulling out stats. Everything alright?😄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

He fakes injuries
He is too lightweight for his height/build
He's not homegrown
He didn't cost 20 million so can't be that good
He has an attitude problem
Just shoots on goal as soon as he has the chance
He's a confidence player
I don't like the look of him
We bought him when we were in the Championship so therefore he's only good at that level (also works for Guilbert and Hause but not John McGinn or Mings)
He's a squad player at best, but when our squad gets better he should be sold
Good enough for where we are but not where we are going (I presume this is some kind of song lyric, it's very popular also applies for Guilbert etc)
The whole team played like dog sh*t but i will rant about El Ghazi only
The goals and assists mask the fact he is crap

you are over thinking it m8, he's just not a particularly good player, its as simple as that.

He isnt the only one though, just one of a few in the squad who just arent good enough if we want to improve as a team.

Granted he's actually further down the "not good enough" list that a few, but he's still on that list for me.

FYI, for me that list is Taylor, Elmo, Trezegeut, El Ghazi and Davis, what i would say though, is the other 4 on that list are above him in terms of "they need moving on", i actually think Ghazi is borderline, tbh i might even say he would be an ok squad player, but nothing more.

On balance though, we need to replace both Trez and Ghazi as wing backup, ideally imo we want Grealish, Traore and two new players vying for the 2 wing spots.

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

He fakes injuries - Alot of those comments have probably come out of frustration in a match where everything in general has been going wrong. Where he has also come off for what ' seemingly ' at the time was something soft (Been guilty of entertaining the theory in the past myself )

He is too lightweight for his height/build - He is kind of weak IMO, I think could potentially be a hell of a player if he added more strength and explosiveness to his game. ( Look to Matt Targett who I levelled the same at last season, this season he has looked a much stronger player, sure I saw comments that he has been doing more gym work )

He's not homegrown - Not buying that.

He didn't cost 20 million so can't be that good - Also not true, isn't your comment on McGinn, for example, contradicting that?

He has an attitude problem - Falls in line with the " Fakes injuries " section I assume?

Just shoots on goal as soon as he has the chance - In a sense, yes, but we do like someone who shoots on sight, you don't buy a ticket, you don't win the lottery. When it becomes a problem is when you've taken 15 ridiculous shots, which are now getting worse and worse, with the game in the balance, and options for passes to players in better positions than you.

He's a confidence player - True IMO
I don't like the look of him - Not true IMO

We bought him when we were in the Championship so therefore he's only good at that level (also works for Guilbert and Hause but not John McGinn or Mings) - McGinn and Mings get the same comments levelled at them, if they don't get it as often, it's obviously because they have more credit in the bank? However the comments have recently become louder re: McGinn too.

He's a squad player at best, but when our squad gets better he should be sold - 50/50

Good enough for where we are but not where we are going (I presume this is some kind of song lyric, it's very popular also applies for Guilbert etc) - If I had to choose between him and Trez staying, it would obviously be him. He definitely can be a very good squad player for a while yet , but yes, we do need better IMO.

The whole team played like dog sh*t but i will rant about El Ghazi only - That could be said for quite a few players, but others have had it much worse in this regard, Wesley, Davis as prime examples.

The goals and assists mask the fact he is crap - I'd rather have Watkins over Darren Bent, truth is, their ARE indeed players with a great knack of scoring goals, but not much else, so actually make the team weaker overall.

Alot of scatter shooting at fans their mate but some of the above IS accurate IMO.

I've added my thoughts in bold, in your quoted post.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

you are over thinking it m8, he's just not a particularly good player, its as simple as that.

He isnt the only one though, just one of a few in the squad who just arent good enough if we want to improve as a team.

Granted he's actually further down the "not good enough" list that a few, but he's still on that list for me.

FYI, for me that list is Taylor, Elmo, Trezegeut, El Ghazi and Davis, what i would say though, is the other 4 on that list are above him in terms of "they need moving on", i actually think Ghazi is borderline, tbh i might even say he would be an ok squad player, but nothing more.

On balance though, we need to replace both Trez and Ghazi as wing backup, ideally imo we want Grealish, Traore and two new players vying for the 2 wing spots.

Just realized you summarized what I spent 10 minutes typing, much more efficiently. Lol

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

Thoughts?

i dunno m8, talking solely about goals is like talking about a boxer who has a really hard punch, but avoiding the fact they have a glass chin, gas out after 2 rounds, are one dimensional and slow as a sloth.

As we all know, player cost isnt lineal with ability, and anyone who has actually watched those players play, know Raphinha, Lookman and Traore are mostly on a different level to Trez and Ghazi.

I might even say Raphinha is probably one notch up from Lookman and Traore.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Not over thinking anything or having a pop at anyone, people are entitled to their opinions, just summarising a lot of the common negative ones on Anwar, doesn't mean I disagree entirely.

I think he gets more criticism than he deserves, some of it is comical.

I also think he deserves more credit than he gets, people saying scoring goals isnt enough is comedy.

Those are my opinions and I'm sticking to them.

If a player plays for Villa I try and get behind them and support them.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Earlier, I saw a post from you with player ratings from the latest FIFA game and now you're pulling out stats. Everything alright?😄

Everything is fine, thanks for asking.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had issues with my stream so only been watching since 20th minute....that 45th minute flick to Targett was first time I'd heard his name mentioned or seen him involved in the time I've been watching. Honestly thought he'd been subbed off injured or something in the time I'd missed.

He's hiding out there. At least for all his flaws Traore wants to get on the ball and try to make things happen with mazy dribbles. Please wake up El Ghazi, you're playing for your future here.

• Like 1

Didn't looked bothered at all, walked around the field and offered nothing , didn't need to help Targett because of work sanson was putting in. Has to be gone in the summer , as good as he has been at times this season, he just is too unreliable

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

The biggest fanny in the football pyramid.

He's so easily bullied off the ball it's frightening. As soon as you see a defender moving over to him when he's on the ball you know already that it's all over.  

If he manages to get the ball with enough space to cross it's inevitably a poor cross.

As a winger he's about as ineffective as it's possible to be. 

Good for the odd goal but then so should any winger, but another winger will actually have winger attributes as well. 

He's out of his depth basically.  I wasn't convinced in the Championship either. 

Seems like a lovely bloke though. Wish him all the best but if he's even here as backup next season we've messed up again. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Got nothing against AEG. Will always be thankful for his great play off final performance but I never want to see him play for villa again. He is just not good enough. End of.

Agreed I think I want this season to hurry on by now and see the last of him whether he pops up now and scores some more or not.

He's flat like pancakes and bland as white toast, he's not a premier player.

I to will thank him for his time but we can no longer afford this kind of stale production each game for most of the season, we need change to our Wingers and we should start by releasing him even if it's at a loss.

We need a big buy for his replacement.

• Like 1

Â