Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

Great finish, was on the fringes for most of the game though.

Got to be honest though, every goal he scores between now and end of season is just to add to his valuation in my mind.

Seems there's some on here who don't think we'd get even 5m for him but his general stats are more of 10-15m player so I don't see why we can't get a bid from someone in that range or even use him in a swop with european team for a wide player they have.

• Like 1

Great goal, quickly took and it's the usual corner for the bloke.

He's not been to bad today as well in his performance, has done enough.

Still would sell in the summer, I want to see some real excellent wingers coming in to play this formation and that's nothing against Ghazi. It's just if we're to go for Europe I'm not sure Ghazi will be seen often enough throughout league and European football play.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Great finish, was on the fringes for most of the game though.

Got to be honest though, every goal he scores between now and end of season is just to add to his valuation in my mind.

Seems there's some on here who don't think we'd get even 5m for him but his general stats are more of 10-15m player so I don't see why we can't get a bid from someone in that range or even use him in a swop with european team for a wide player they have.

More goals this year than Jota last season and he got sold for 35 million.

And had 4 goals and 5 assists in 28 games last season.

He's not amazing but when we play with him out wide and grealish in the centre we are so mcub better as a team imo.

We need another player but he will be a great squad player. 

• Like 1

this guy is pretty damn lethal at times. he doesn't even need to be excellent all the time if he can pull out as many goals as he does. underrated AEG.

• Like 2

8 goals this season now, a bloody good effort. 

He's not perfect by any stretch and you won't find a more streaky player in world football but while Grealish is out he's our only option. This idea that he should be dropped for pissing Keinan Davis honestly blows my mind. 

I don't want him sold either. El Ghazi as a squad player is perfectly fine. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

He's not perfect by any stretch and you won't find a more streaky player in world football but while Grealish is out he's our only option. This idea that he should be dropped for pissing Keinan Davis honestly blows my mind. 

9 including today's goal isn't it?

edit: no you're right.

Edited by osmark86

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Great goal, quickly took and it's the usual corner for the bloke.

He's not been to bad today as well in his performance, has done enough.

Still would sell in the summer, I want to see some real excellent wingers coming in to play this formation and that's nothing against Ghazi. It's just if we're to go for Europe I'm not sure Ghazi will be seen often enough throughout league and European football play.

Think about how exhausted a lot of our players have looked this season. Having a winger who can come in and put 5 or 6 goals on the board in 20 games will be key. 

• Like 1

Just now, MotoMkali said:

More goals this year than Jota last season and he got sold for 35 million.

And had 4 goals and 5 assists in 28 games last season.

He's not amazing but when we play with him out wide and grealish in the centre we are so mcub better as a team imo.

We need another player but he will be a great squad player. 

It's a tough one. One of Trez/AEG would've been sold this summer for sure but Trez probably being out for much of next season probably stops either leaving.

With Barkley still all but certain to go back we're actually a bit understock with players for the 3 positions behind the striker currently.

Just don't want to get into a situation next season where we're in a decent position in league and we just drop off because likes of AEG and Traore hit mediocre run of form at key point of the season as has happened for last two months.

You add another 7 points to our total and we'd still be in the mix for top 4 just about so shows how costly that March period of dropping points to Newcastle, Wolves and Sheffield was.

Great thing from a Villa perspective with AEG is he is scoring really good numbers. 

That means that if we keep him we have a solid enough backup winger who will chip in with some goals when injurys occur. 

Perhaps more importantly, it increases his value

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

It's a tough one. One of Trez/AEG would've been sold this summer for sure but Trez probably being out for much of next season probably stops either leaving.

With Barkley still all but certain to go back we're actually a bit understock with players for the 3 positions behind the striker currently.

Just don't want to get into a situation next season where we're in a decent position in league and we just drop off because likes of AEG and Traore hit mediocre run of form at key point of the season as has happened for last two months.

You add another 7 points to our total and we'd still be in the mix for top 4 just about so shows how costly that March period of dropping points to Newcastle, Wolves and Sheffield was.

We need to be signing another winger but the fact is he is the one player in this squad I'd be happy to put on off the bench to get us a goal except for grealish and maybe traore. Losing that will hurt us because you don't get players who provide similar value in the prem for 15 mil. Especially proven ones. 

7 minutes ago, Farlz said:

he's so streaky that he isn't.

Edited by VillanousOne

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Think about how exhausted a lot of our players have looked this season. Having a winger who can come in and put 5 or 6 goals on the board in 20 games will be key. 

I would rather have someone who can consistently play football by being able to make deliverys, crosses and passes regular to his team mates. I would just like us to have a supportive winger as much as we do just someone who pops in a few goals mate.

Depth is important yes but by sounds at it were never going to get depth because our Owners don't want stockpiling. We won't be able to sell Trezegeut so the only option is to sell Ghazi so we can bring another Winger in much more capable.

Really it's different to those who are calling for someone better to come in and replace Mcginn. We know we would keep Mcginn but eventually players do get phases out when much better is found and upgrades occur.

Â