Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

Just now, Dave-R said:

I would rather have someone who can consistently play football by being able to make deliverys, crosses and passes regular to his team mates. I would just like us to have a supportive winger as much as we do just someone who pops in a few goals mate.

Depth is important yes but by sounds at it were never going to get depth because our Owners don't want stockpiling. We won't be able to sell Trezegeut so the only option is to sell Ghazi so we can bring another Winger in much more capable.

Really it's different to those who are calling for someone better to come in and replace Mcginn. We know we would keep Mcginn but eventually players do get phases out when much better is found and upgrades occur.

wow he scores a pearler of a winner and your response is to just pile in with a load of negativity, incredible

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

We need to be signing another winger but the fact is he is the one player in this squad I'd be happy to put on off the bench to get us a goal except for grealish and maybe traore. Losing that will hurt us because you don't get players who provide similar value in the prem for 15 mil. Especially proven ones. 

It's an interesting decision for the club. He has two years left on his deal. Has stats of 15m wide player given we signed Traore with similar return and age from Lyon.

One year left next summer and that value will decrease unless he gets another 8-10 goals but then you'd expect him to play less with Grealish fit and us getting in another wide player.

We can't just expect the owners to keep in pumping 100m + every season for next 5 years (we learnt that the hard way under Lerner) so think we need to move on 3-4 each summer who are on fringes for 30-40m and get half the summer funds that way.

AEG is certainly the on the fringes player with the highest value currently. Would still rather lose him than an essential first 11 player at this point in our growth.

I actually think he'll be useful to use in a swop for good wide player from european team as I doubt he's on ridiculous wages here so would be affordable for europa standard teams in other leagues and most of them have some good wide players or creative midfielders.

Edited by VillaChris

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

I would rather have someone who can consistently play football by being able to make deliverys, crosses and passes regular to his team mates. I would just like us to have a supportive winger as much as we do just someone who pops in a few goals mate.

Depth is important yes but by sounds at it were never going to get depth because our Owners don't want stockpiling. We won't be able to sell Trezegeut so the only option is to sell Ghazi so we can bring another Winger in much more capable.

Really it's different to those who are calling for someone better to come in and replace Mcginn. We know we would keep Mcginn but eventually players do get phases out when much better is found and upgrades occur.

To get the same productivity of AEG were gonna have to spend £30m+.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

More goals than Richarlison and Iwobi combined this season, that a £8m winger with more goals than £54m and £27m player

It's not just about goals though as there is much to a players game. Sure it's nice but those other players people keep comparing Ghazi on stats to are often making themselves available on field creating, delivering, crossing which is all accurate or precise and then there's all the off ball work and more.

I'm not going to be blinded by just goals there are more to players games than just goals and assists.

• Like 2

He simply has to play on left when he starts for us anway, too many anonymous games on the right to justify playing him there ever again.

Short term even for this season is just to move Jack to number 10 spot if he gets off his deathbed anytime soon. The big priority is obviously right winger so the more I think about it AEG likely will be here this time next year unless we go mad in transfer market.

Just now, VillanousOne said:

not sure if praising him or taking the p*ss?

Oh neither really. Was just stating the fact.

He’s been decent for us, but not amazing. A good PL mid-table winger.

If he wasn’t streaky and played all the time like he can play when he’s on form, he’d be worth £60 million.

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

To get the same productivity of AEG were gonna have to spend £30m+.

Yes and your point is? For all we know our Owners may be sizing up a big pot of gold in Summer and Lange may bring someone in who costs more than that figure.

We will have to wait and see.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

It's an interesting decision for the club. He has two years left on his deal. Has stats of 15m wide player given we signed Traore with similar return and age from Lyon.

One year left next summer and that value will decrease unless he gets another 8-10 goals but then you'd expect him to play less with Grealish fit and us getting in another wide player.

We can't just expect the owners to keep in pumping 100m + every season for next 5 years (we learnt that the hard way under Lerner) so think we need to move on 3-4 each summer who are on fringes for 30-40m and get half the summer funds that way.

AEG is certainly the on the fringes player with the highest value currently. Would still rather lose him than an essential first 11 player at this point in our growth.

I'd rather lose one of our first team players. Because if anything this season has shown we don't have the depth to keep up sustained good performances. Selling a first team player gives us the funds to replace or improve on them and bring in some extra depth as well. The fact that Taylor, Elmo, Engels are our main defensive backup and despite injuries our only depth for attacking midfield is Ramsey is not enough when you are aiming for Europe. 

I'm also not expecting 100 mil for another 3 seasons just next season. We need 2 first team players who need to be big splashes. Ideally a LW and a CM. Aside from that we need depth pieces for defence, midfield and attack. Once we have the requisite depth we can start selling depth pieces and replace them with veterans and youths. But right now we need an impact player who can come off the bench and nab a goal. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

It's not just about goals though as there is much to a players game. Sure it's nice but those other players people keep comparing Ghazi on stats to are often making themselves available on field creating, delivering, crossing which is all accurate or precise and then there's all the off ball work and more.

I'm not going to be blinded by just goals there are more to players games than just goals and assists.

He should have at least 4 assists in my opinion. Where he has played crosses across the box and either no one reacts or they take an extra touch and the chance is gone like traore against Man Utd.

He was key in all of our good chances today in the buildup. He played the ball into watkins for pretty much all of them. 

12 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

More goals than Richarlison and Iwobi combined this season, that a £8m winger with more goals than £54m and £27m player

Break it even further down by minutes played - even more impressive I’m sure!

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Yes and your point is? For all we know our Owners may be sizing up a big pot of gold in Summer and Lange may bring someone in who costs more than that figure.

We will have to wait and see.

What and leave our depth as a crippled trezeguet and Jacob Ramsey who isn't even a natural winger? 

7 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Oh neither really. Was just stating the fact.

He’s been decent for us, but not amazing. A good PL mid-table winger.

If he wasn’t streaky and played all the time like he can play when he’s on form, he’d be worth £60 million.

he isn't streaky, he just doesn't start every game or score every game he starts, using the term 'streaky' to negatively dismiss anytime he does have a run of good form is bizarre, never heard any other player called streaky on these boards this way.

Anwar has scored important goals and been a huge asset, he might not be everyone's cup of tea but the dog's abuse he gets on here makes me sad. He's far from perfect but so many other players in the team misfiring week in week out that don't get the level of criticism he does.

People would rather focus on his faults than the fact he scores goals.

Charles Nzogbia got less criticism

Edited by VillanousOne

5 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

wow he scores a pearler of a winner and your response is to just pile in with a load of negativity, incredible

Rights it's not negativity at all so don't put my view on Ghazi as a negative response as I have given him his props just. I said what a cracking strike and that his performance was decent today, so don't try turn me into the Villan around here because I think differently to you.

I simply feel that if we can bring in much better to replace him we should do because there is plenty Ghazi doesn't do that would give us more of an edge up front if we want and bought someone of much better quality.

Let's say Smith, Lange go and does what I say above, are you going to go call them Negative for wanting someone much more capable at the club, no you wontz it's business and it's upgrading.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Rights it's not negativity at all so don't put my view on Ghazi as a negative response as I have given him his props just. I said what a cracking strike and that his performance was decent today, so don't try turn me into the Villan around here because I think differently to you.

I simply feel that if we can bring in much better to replace him we should do because there is plenty Ghazi doesn't do that would give us more of an edge up front if we want and bought someone of much better quality.

Let's say Smith, Lange go and does what I say above, are you going to go call them Negative for wanting someone much more capable at the club, no you wontz it's business and it's upgrading.

he says responding with more negativity

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I'd rather lose one of our first team players. Because if anything this season has shown we don't have the depth to keep up sustained good performances. Selling a first team player gives us the funds to replace or improve on them and bring in some extra depth as well. The fact that Taylor, Elmo, Engels are our main defensive backup and despite injuries our only depth for attacking midfield is Ramsey is not enough when you are aiming for Europe. 

I'm also not expecting 100 mil for another 3 seasons just next season. We need 2 first team players who need to be big splashes. Ideally a LW and a CM. Aside from that we need depth pieces for defence, midfield and attack. Once we have the requisite depth we can start selling depth pieces and replace them with veterans and youths. But right now we need an impact player who can come off the bench and nab a goal. 

I agree 2 to 3 big massive splashes but I do think we will get over 100mill, I've seen enough from our Owners that they will invest if they see it worth it and this team is worth investing in now.

Â