Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Give me 11 Alan Huttons anyday than this current team 😂

Clearly went for the ball in my opinion, maybe not the type of ball he should of, but he used to try bkess his cotton socks 👌

Edited by Kbdrum88

42 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Sure you do. 

Like you do know a lot of players have the technical abiltiy, but they lack the work rate, application, mental strength or spirit, fight and heart as you put it. These players are often even worse for us than those who have it, but lack the general ability. Like Trez vs. AEG or Ramsey vs Barkley. 

Ideally we need to find the gems who have ability and the stuff Trez has in buckets, but that's more difficult. And it's also a care where fans tend to value blood sweat, tears, heart, spirit and fight, more than being capable of doing a good stepover. 

Being a good footballer is very much about the things you talk down here, along with the consistency to deliver on it every match. 

I don't talk the abilities I mention down, but I talk them down in relation to Trezeguet, where its not enough because, he is not a very good footballer at this level, then you have have abundance of these abilities, but its still not enough when you cant control or keep the ball.

4 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

I don't talk the abilities I mention down, but I talk them down in relation to Trezeguet, where its not enough because, he is not a very good footballer at this level, then you have have abundance of these abilities, but its still not enough when you cant control or keep the ball.

You see I disagree with that. I think he was excellent the start of the season. Unfortunate injuries, covid and what not. He's had a decent season. I think he's shown ha can contribute and it's largely because of his spirit, fight and heart or however you put it. So downplaying it is rather weird. 

He's not the quality we need in the first team, but I much prefer him in the squad than someone like AEG. Sometimes having a lad like Trez can make a big difference. 

Ofc. we can hope to have a team in a year or two where he'll lose his place cause we're too good, but right now we're not. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You see I disagree with that. I think he was excellent the start of the season. Unfortunate injuries, covid and what not. He's had a decent season. I think he's shown ha can contribute and it's largely because of his spirit, fight and heart or however you put it. So downplaying it is rather weird. 

He's not the quality we need in the first team, but I much prefer him in the squad than someone like AEG. Sometimes having a lad like Trez can make a big difference. 

Ofc. we can hope to have a team in a year or two where he'll lose his place cause we're too good, but right now we're not. 

Then we can agree to disagree, because I dont think he was excellent. He was ok in a team that performed brilliantly, much like AEG did during christmas when he was player of the month, but that is luckily forgotten by many posters in here. He then was omitted from the team after one crap game and because Dean Smith wanted to make room for Barkley, which was unfair in my book. But for me it seems like there is one rule that applies to some players, like you can keep playing no matter how crap you play (McGinn as an example) and then there is other rules that applies to other players, that if you have a bad game, you get substituted at halt time and made scapegoat by VillaTalk posters (AEG as an example)

Then I see some posters say that AEGs goals this season is only papering the cracks and isnt valid arguments, because he is a bad player, but on the other hand they keep bringing Trezeguet goals up as something that is good enough and somehow NOT papering the cracks, because he shows a bit of headless chicken running around and looks like he is giving everything. 

I would much rather have a player like AEG in my team, because he sometimes does something unexpected and he has more technical ability than Trez, who look like it was a mistake whenever he skips a man.

But I see we have different opinions and in the end thats ok by me

Spirit, fight and heart wasnt my words, they originated from a post I quoted.

Edited by Taxahunter
  • Like 4

Fair enough, but I don't think AEG has been scapegoated or forgotten. Fact is just that goals tend to camoflauge mediocre performances. AEG had a good month by his standards and scored some goals, which amount would have been good by even top strikers, but I digress. AEG is and was judged very much like Hourihane. Footballers who score now and then, but the general play isn't PL level.

Trez might not be outstanding or PL quality either, but I think his work rate is way more important. 

It's slow and steady that wins the race. Inconsistent players who deliver one month a season isn't the way forward.

Secondly it's balancing act. When you got wild cards like Traore who can score, and create, but doesn't have the fight and work rate, then you want someone that balances that out on the other side of the spectrum. That's not AEG. That's Trez.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Sure you do. 

Like you do know a lot of players have the technical abiltiy, but they lack the work rate, application, mental strength or spirit, fight and heart as you put it. These players are often even worse for us than those who have it, but lack the general ability. Like Trez vs. AEG or Ramsey vs Barkley. 

Ideally we need to find the gems who have ability and the stuff Trez has in buckets, but that's more difficult. And it's also a care where fans tend to value blood sweat, tears, heart, spirit and fight, more than being capable of doing a good stepover. 

Being a good footballer is very much about the things you talk down here, along with the consistency to deliver on it every match. 

I pressed like for the first paragraph, but had to upgrade because your post as it got better, much better so changed to a thanks because it sums it all up perfectly.

Great read..

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Kbdrum88 said:

Clearly went for the ball in my opinion, maybe not the type of ball he should of, but he used to try bkess his cotton socks 👌

11 F'in red cards coming up for that then 🤭🤣

I also remember how he'd also roam upto attack at the opposition's box and if dispossessed would put us in so much of a sticky situation and couldn't get back quick enough, resulting in a goal against us. I'm pretty sure hutton had many complaints on this forum in our final year of the championship, in fact we might actually call it a barrage lol..

Edited by Dave-R

Nothing wrong with that, The fella should be booked for simulation 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Tbf I love the fact even after the first, he gives a second kick just to make sure he got him then gos on to try and play like nothing happened 🤣

5 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Were you trying to say stimulation, because there ain't none there I'm afraid, not one bit, no red bull gives you Wings on that..

No Way GIF

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t think anybody at the club can generate the power behind shots like Anwar does, he blows hot and cold but surely at £8m he’s been a very successful signing 6 goals in 21 appearances this season is a decent return, genuinely think if he’d been coached better at a younger age he would be a huge talent 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I know the penalties helped but he has had a good season even if there has been some sub par performances.

Yeah but if he'd of played more games and he were still on what he is now which I imagined he would be then he wouldn't be ahead.

Simply put they have played more and it isn't just about the goals per whatever minutes it's about everything else those other players do what Ghazi does not as well.

The arguement around here isn't his goals it's about how bad he seems to be at everything else, how easy he gives up if the games not going his way. Someone shouldn't need 10-20 shots a game to score one goal. In fact at this rate while we're not supplying our striker a decent amount of deliverys or crosses Ghazi would struggle to see those available shots without Jack on the field.

I'd still sell in the summer because you can't have a player at the club who just scores a few goals. A Winger needs to be able to cross and supply his attacking team mates who are in the box with decent crosses and balls and Ghazi cant. I would a pair of wingers on field who could deliver to our lone striker and other players running in any day over someone who just pops a few in. This has been the issue with why were F'in struggling because we have no creativity from our Wingers unless his name is Jack Grealish and we can't be bloody having it anymore.

Someone posting a Winger being ahead of some of the best in the league for Goals per 90 minutes I'm afraid is just masking the truth. The truth is that we just need some other Wingers apart from Grealish who are creative and don't sick at it, who can pick a player up in a big crowd of defenders and get the ball to them because there delivery, pass, cross is accurate and precise, give me that guy anyday on the wing.

No need to sell and although he needs to be replaced eventually i don't think he is one of the first names that need to go. I didn't think he would have any part to play in this season but to be fair in some games he has looked sharp and worth the shirt. Sadly, not a player who will be a threat for 90 minutes but that's why he's not starting. That said, i can't remember the last villa penalty taker (Barry?) we had where i had absolutely not doubt that he'd score.

Â