John McGinn

PompeyVillan

On 15/04/2024 at 01:22, DJBOB said:

Turns out, John can play in the double pivot when needed!

Im starting to think John can play as THE double pivot. Play 10 men, give someone a rest

There could be something about him and Luiz together without Kamara that doesn't go as well as when one of them is missing. Interesting to see how it will be without Luiz this weekend again.

He worked in incredibly hard against Arsenal, his workrate was off the edge, so I think that would have taken a lot ouf him as well as us as a team. So just had to get the job done today by any means, that we did do so after beating Arsenal just a few days ago spells a brilliant week for us so far

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

McGinn claiming he's got the best music taste

"So that's the only concert I've ever been at, other than Coldplay"

**** kill me.

• Haha 1

Love the bloke, but he had an absolute mare......surprised he didn't  get the shepherds crook at half time, he was that bad..........but in fairness, he wasn't on his  own.

• Like 1

I can't explain his performance tonight. Not sure how it's possible to go from his recent excellent performances to that. Oh well, everyone has an off day at some point. 

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

The only positive from that was that he was hooked before full time so hopefully will be the freshest v Bournemouth as we will need a captains performance from him.

Exactly, him, Diaby, Bailey, Zaniolo (if fit), Duran, Carlos and Tim all can be good to start Sunday (atleast rotate some of them). I don’t think our regular starters will be able to keep their performances this high after a tough last week. 
Without Moreno we can’t do anything regarding left back as well so we have to rotate other areas.

He was played out of position again, covering the right side. 

He needs to play through the middle. He plays better there and those alongside him play better too. Teilemans had his best game in a villa shirt alongside McGinn at Arsenal.

On 19/04/2024 at 07:19, jimmygreaves said:

He was played out of position again, covering the right side. 

He needs to play through the middle. He plays better there and those alongside him play better too. Teilemans had his best game in a villa shirt alongside McGinn at Arsenal.

Interesting....

16 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Yep. Thank god that charlatan John McGinn was dropped after Thursday night by Emery... And replaced yesterday by Super John McGinn....

Â