John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, LondonLax said:

I imagine the referee has difficulty hearing the VAR feed over the noise of the crowd so the VAR guys have to yell. 

They were shouting as soon as the tackle was made. In fat, they were so desperate to give a red that they didn't even bother to see if the ref had actually done so:

"Has he shown the card?"
"Don't know, I wasn't looking."

**** sake :D 

Edited by fightoffyour

• 2 weeks later...

We got 4/9 without him (and let’s be honest even with him we’d have lost at city). That 3 game break will have done him the world of good and will now come back firing for the run in. 

Yeah… we’re still waiting for Super John McGinn to return… in full flow…

Still created a goal for Ollie (his delivery and passing has improved so much under Unai, as well as composure on the ball) but it wasn’t a dominant display from him… it will come. He improves us immensely, especially when he’s in form…

Hopefully there’s a silver lining to Luiz’s suspension and he gets a bit of sorely needed rest and returns refreshed while John takes the reins of our midfield and really pushes us to perform well… we have missed him and the energy he brings…

I love how he’s embracing being a leader. I don’t think it came naturally to him, but Emery seems to be showing him how he can exert influence. 

A stunningly good player. I love that he was with us in the championship and all of our time back in the PL. He is symbolic of everything we’ve done to get here.  

And fwiw, he’s improved immensely and developed professionally since Jack left. 

• Like 4

Thought tactically that was one of the best games he's ever played for us.

This is where Emery has improved him so much as before he was all 100mph charging around the pitch and rushing passes and needlessly giving the ball away.

He knew today he'd have to sit in the pivot with Youri and he did it effortlessly. Don't think he gave it away once in the second half.

Textbook away performance by the captain. Fit for the CL.

• Like 4

Â