John McGinn

PompeyVillan

4 hours ago, calcifer said:

No, he is just awful. Has been for about 18 months. Will make a great championship Midfielder, but he can't pass, one of the most fundamental duties as a midfielder.... 

The thing is, I think he can pass. It's making the space to make a pass that he struggles with.

2 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

I think he needs to be relieved of his playing duties because they’re interfering with his role as captain.

Which is funny because this was the reasoning for stripping Mings of it. I think SJM has been shit all calendar year to be fair, but he seems especially so right now.

• Like 1

I sincerely hope Gerrard’s latest talks with JM have been to tell him he’s coming out the side but I fear he will persist. We really cant be waiting on anyone to play themselves into form right now, feels like we’ve been waiting a full 2 seasons in McGinn’s case. Its becoming self sabotage.

“He’ll come and get back to his real strong best. I think out of possession he’s been outstanding for us but he’s just trying a little bit too hard.

“We’ve spoken to him about it and I have no doubts that he’ll be fine. He’s been fine in certain games and in certain moments this season.”

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-mcginn-coutinho-gerrard-25030338

Â